bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first Holy Spirit Revival (20yrs ago)  (Read 4330 times)

winner08

My first Holy Spirit Revival (20yrs ago)
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to relay something that happen to me 20yr ago.It's interesting to say the least,  20 yrs. ago I moved from Vegas back to New Orleans. I was 20 yrs old and messed up. I lived with my grandmother, who adored me. I was 1st born. Well I was drinking alot and going out, putting my pour grandmother through hell. My uncle who is a born again Christian(that's what he calls himself. Invited us to go with him and his mom who was my   grandmother's sister. Invited us to a holy spirit celebration.(A revival). Well I
said no for about 3 days and caved in to please my grandmother. Anyway, we went and they must of been a thousand people. It was jammed packed. There was guest speakers and lots of holding hands and singing. I remember think what a bunch of c*%p. I even seen my uncles mom speaking in tongue. well I though this was over the top. I remember holding hands and swinging back and forth while we sang. All of a sudden I had this warm feeling go through my body and my hair stood uo on ends. Then the warmth turn to hot. and my legs got weak. When I looked around I seen a few people pass out. I was thing NO WAY. Well I didn't faint. Anyways after  the revival was over we went to our cars and on the way home we started talking about how we felt. I remembered being so happy , and calm. I haven't felt like that in 20 yrs. To tell the truth I haven't felt like that since. Now I was told that was the Holy Spirit in me. Infact everytime I told someone of my experience they all said the same thing. Holy Spirit touch me. But Now that I think about it maby it was or was not. Maby I got caught up in the heat of the moment. I don't know. Is it not said where 3 or more I will be. Most likely I'm wrong. The reason I thought about all this was the post on the Fla. revival.  

Thanks form letting me share,

Darren

KristaD

Re: My first Holy Spirit Revival (20yrs ago)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:29 AM »

Interesting Darren. I have had those experiences as well as being "slain in the spirit" too. I believe the people passing out and screaming jibberish is some sort of demonic activity or worship of false gods. I do not recall anything in the bible that speaks of such activities. However I DO believe that God can manifest to us and overcome us with love and peace. Being overcome by God and the love that He puts out can happen at a place like that if YOU are in the right place in your head, but it's not what's genuinely happening to most of those people and I don't believe it causes one to convulse and shake and scream babble. I have noticed that I am overcome with the urge to prostrate myself and I am overwhelmed with humility when I am overcome by Him, but that's not what I experienced or have seen in a church.

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:35:44 PM »

Interesting Darren. I have had those experiences as well as being "slain in the spirit" too. I believe the people passing out and screaming jibberish is some sort of demonic activity or worship of false gods. I do not recall anything in the bible that speaks of such activities. However I DO believe that God can manifest to us and overcome us with love and peace. Being overcome by God and the love that He puts out can happen at a place like that if YOU are in the right place in your head, but it's not what's genuinely happening to most of those people and I don't believe it causes one to convulse and shake and scream babble. I have noticed that I am overcome with the urge to prostrate myself and I am overwhelmed with humility when I am overcome by Him, but that's not what I experienced or have seen in a church.

Hi! KirstyD

Remember me! I suffer from what is generally called senile humour; put another way grossly out of date unfunny stuff. Am I forgiven?

But now to be serious. I agree with you wholeheartedly this business of falling on one's back and howling like wild beasts or barking like dogs only reduces the Holy Spirit of our loving God to a very low level indeed, if those blasphemers would only use their brains to consider what they are doing. The only instance of anyone falling on his back when convicted by the Holy Spirit was Eli who fell on his back and broke his neck and died. Sadly this lot make sure that no one breaks their neck by providing a nice strong pair of arms behind them to put them down gently. Why always on their backs when God requires them to fall flat on their faces beats me? What are they afraid of, spoiling their  good looks? "But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron," (1Tim.4:1,2).

Those days are here right on our doorstep, "The so-called Florida Revival"  Liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron. These are the things we are warned against, these are the things we have to watch closely and distance ourselves from. These are signs of danger for the chosen/elect, they could be deceived as Darren has experienced. The warnings are not in the Bible for no purpose, written 2000 years ago they are all there for us, let us then put on our spiritual thinking caps and obey the Scriptures.

God bless, keep away from them do not be contaminated: “Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord. And do not touch what is unclean;" (2Cor.6:17).

God bless.         

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy.        "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »

Exactly Roy!
But I say again, I don't recall ever saying you were not funny  ??? Maybe you have my confused with someone else? Name's KristA BTW ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.