bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God Know everything or is he part BLIND ?  (Read 5881 times)

gunghoyoung

Does God Know everything or is he part BLIND ?
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:16:16 AM »

i talked to so many people and read so many articles that say that he doesn't know everything and it is so crazy to me. I want to know how yall (who every reads this) feels about this because i feel that if you know the end from (since) the beginning, then shouldn't you know all in between. leave your own opinion i what so things to think about on this subject. I have been talking with this Jehovah witnesses about this and we are going to talk again this Sunday and it will really help me if i can get responses from both sides (God does know/God doesn't know)

thank you for your response

hillsbororiver

Re: Does God Know everything or is he part BLIND ?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »

Hi and welcome Gungho!

Here are some verses (of many) which attest to God's knowledge of all things.

Also, this paper from Ray is extremely enlightening in regard to God's infinite understanding and perfect plan. 

Exposing Those Who Contradict;

Part 4 (GOOD AND EVIL)

http://bible-truths.com/part4.htm

Job 37:14  Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.

Job 37:15  Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine?

Job 37:16  Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?

Psa 139:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Psa 139:2  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Psa 139:3  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

Psa 139:4  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Psa 139:5  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Psa 139:6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Psa 139:7  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Psa 147:5  Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Pro 15:3  The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

1Jo 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Attempting to change another person's thought on this matter often proves to be futile unless of course they are sincerely seeking His truth rather than a carnal defense of what they hold dear.

We know that God Himself will send strong delusion:

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What may appear to be obvious to the natural mind is in fact a riddle placed by God that speaks only to those He chooses to reveal Himself and His Word to, try telling that to the JW's!

But here it is;

Eze 17:2  Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;

Mat 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I will close with this as it really sums it all up;

Isa 28:21  For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

Peace,

Joe

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:46:05 PM by hillsbororiver »

chuckt

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:25:22 PM »

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Roy Monis

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Hi! Chuck

Well said brother, I cannot do better. That and the verses that Joe has quoted should satisfy "Gungho." But the safest bet is to get rid, they usually remove your dust off their feet before leaving which is very generous of them because you need to protect your dust from pollution.

God bless.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy....."The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

David

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:20:51 PM »

Does God Know everything

Yes

or is he part BLIND ?

No

Be blessed.
David

gunghoyoung

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:20:41 AM »

thanks hills and chuck that is alot of help and does bring ease

winner08

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »

first of all be carefull. The people who you are talking to are false teachers. They don't know the truth. @ mos ago I was like you searching and searching hard for ansewers. Over the last 20 or so yrs. I read and still have hundreds of books, plain truth magazines, and booklets, about ever subject the bible teaches. I thought I knew everthing. Well not everything but alot. Anyways 2mos ago I was guided by divine intervention. That's what it had to be. I was looking at another web page and found Ray's. Anyway I just wanted to say be carefull, because those witnesses are false teachers. Also you can get overloaded on research ,where you get to the point where your not growing in the real truth. Just be carefull. Keep moving ahead. Everthing Ray teaches he backs it up with scripture and with a scripture to back that scripture up. That's the truth. Good luck in your journey with God. Don't rely on religious groups. They are ALL man made doctrain, and can not be trusted.

Thanks Darren
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:45:05 AM by winner08 »

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

Wow Darren, that was such a great post!

Gungho, Darren has nailed it for me regarding research overload.  We have to follow and absorb God's Truths as they are revealed to us.  When we feel like we just don't "get it" as we study, I think it just means God hasn't opened our eyes to that particular passage or truth to absorb it right yet on our own personal level--we can't force it, because then the concept of understanding could become a type of idol of our own carnal hearts, rather than accepting and appreciating the blessing--that understanding his Word is a wonderful gift.  For example, we can follow man's link after link after link on the internet to try to interpret what we don't understand yet in scripture, but we will go backwards if we, as new believers, concentrate on refuting man's doctrines, rather than growing in our journey towards His kingdom.

Our walk in faith and grace is a gift we're blessed to receive at His discretion and mercy.  I really feel that teachers like Ray are equipped with better weaponry to go into battle against the false teachers and hypocrites and deceivers than folks like us at this stage in our journey.  (Personally, I find that it's hard enough to interact with my own family since I've been "exposed" to the truth. ;))

Hope I've not offended anyone with my thoughts here--I just know that God does KNOW EVERYTHING--there's no question in my mind, heart, being, etc.  I pray it is His Will that I never lose sight or question it ever again.  Thanks for listening-I'm not usually so vocal :-X!

Love in Christ,
Vangie

winner08

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:15:41 AM »

Vangie, yes, I agree when we search so hard we can become selfindulgence of our own carnal heart. Trying to force an understanding of something God has not yet deemed us to understand. In such a case instead of waiting for God to show us we get impatient and try to understand with our carnal mind. This is not going to work we would be wrong in our understanding. I know this from doing exactly that. Any ways, this is just my thoughts and I speak on anybody's behalf except my own. Also as you rightly said when God is ready to reveal a certain thing to us we will receive it and no matter how hard we try we will not be able to understand it until God makes it known. (Man that's alot of understanding) ;D :D ???.

Thanks  Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »

Vangie, yes, I agree when we search so hard we can become selfindulgence of our own carnal heart. Trying to force an understanding of something God has not yet deemed us to understand. In such a case instead of waiting for God to show us we get impatient and try to understand with our carnal mind. This is not going to work we would be wrong in our understanding. I know this from doing exactly that. Any ways, this is just my thoughts and I speak on anybody's behalf except my own. Also as you rightly said when God is ready to reveal a certain thing to us we will receive it and no matter how hard we try we will not be able to understand it until God makes it known. (Man that's alot of understanding) ;D :D ???.

Thanks  Darren

Hi! Darren

You're getting there my brother, slowly but surely you're getting there. Our own reasoning is usually an idol of the heart. Or a chicken trusting it's life in the hand of the cat.

Here are my favourite verses;

1......" There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. " (Pro.14:12 & 16:25).
2......." Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding."   (Pro.3:5).

God bless you my brother and help us in our walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.