bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: money  (Read 9064 times)

lorrie

money
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »

Can someone explain to me how a person becomes rich giving to a ministry?
For example i have seen on the 700 club poeple claiming they have gotten a better job,or people started to buy their products etc and they became rich,the only thing that has happened to me is i lost the money!Are those people speaking the truth?Where is the money really coming from-the god of this world or our Father in heaven? ??? I have no job nor income right now so i have no money to give. :-[

KristaD

Re: money
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:44:53 PM »

Someone else asked this question. Here is your answer:

Jeremiah 12
 1Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

2Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.

3But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.

4How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.

5If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

6For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.

7I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.

8Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.

9Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

10Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

11They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.

12The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.

13They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

14Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.

15And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.

16And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

17But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

They prosper now, but they are only gaining this world. You said it yourself the god of this world is where their money comes from. Give when He leads and what He leads. Don't feel inferior to those people.

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:05:12 AM »

In all things and at all times give God the glory.  This season in your live has been preordained and purposed.  Ask God to give you wisdom and insight into what it is that He wants you to spiritually learn?  He is faithful and just and He will open the right doors for you.  I think you should rejoice and be glad because it is your Heavenly Father that will provide for you and not the god of this world.

Love in Christ
Heidi

lorrie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »

Thankyou KristaD and Heidi-that helps,i shall meditate on what you have written.Peace and love to you Lorrie :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »

Can someone explain to me how a person becomes rich giving to a ministry?
For example i have seen on the 700 club poeple claiming they have gotten a better job,or people started to buy their products etc and they became rich,the only thing that has happened to me is i lost the money!Are those people speaking the truth?Where is the money really coming from-the god of this world or our Father in heaven? ??? I have no job nor income right now so i have no money to give. :-[

Hi! Jaguar

God bless you my brother, and I fully appreciate that this is not much consolation in the face of your present situation. "If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?" (Jas.2:15,16). I feel for you my brother, believe me, I feel deeply for you. There are thousands like yourself being deceived by ruthless, greedy and godless wolves in sheep's clothing. They despise the Word of God, "... through the hypocrisy of men that speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron;" (1Tim.4:2). They'll have to answer to God, but my advice to you is keep clear. You have been "CALLED OUT OF THEIR MIDST" or you wouldn't be on this forum, so why are you still feeding that open sewer?

Possibly someone on this forum living in your vicinity may be able to help or offer advice whereby you could find employment or some form of income. God is speaking to you, brother, telling you:  “Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord. “And do not touch what is unclean;" Why are you not obeying and distancing yourself from them? (2Cor.6:17).

This could be your moment of testing, so hold fast to your faith at all cost and He'll bring you through, it's all in His predestined Plan and it will work out for the good, trust Him: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" (Rom.8:28-31).

God bless you.         [/url

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy

UncleBeau

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »

Does anyone believe that you CAN'T buy things that are not of this world with money that is?

-Beau

lorrie

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »

Hi Roy-i really should have made my thought complete,I have not given to any ministry nor charity since 5/2006.Thats when our Lord told me to not give any more. ;D
Its just that i see on t.v.-people saying they are getting rich while i am becoming poor, and being ridiculed behind my back of course,and i wondred if i missed it . However i see now with the answers i am getting i have not missed it.!I do not like this trial at all and
believe me i am hanging onto our Father in heaven veeerry tightly!
Love to all and thanks
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:27:19 PM by jaguar »

kweli

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »

Does anyone believe that you CAN'T buy things that are not of this world with money that is?

Hello UncleBeau

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but this is what I believe. The things that are not of this world cannot be bought with money. infact, the things of the spirit (which are the things that are not of this world right? i may be wrong) are free.

Revelation 21:6 And He said unto me, "It is done! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the Water of Life freely.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.

Not sure if I'm with you.

All Glory to Him
kweli

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »

-Beau

Hi! Beau

Yes you can count me in on this. I do sincerely believe that I CAN'T buy the things that are not of this world (heavenly things) with what bit of worldly money I have or I'd do my level best, as the Egyptian Pharaohs did, to take it with me.

God bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK      "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

winner08

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

Question< What can you by with money in a spirit world? Jesus did say don't store up treasures on earth where they ? :-\ help! I think y'all know what He said. :-[

Darren

Stevernator

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »

Hey Darren,
Well in the gospels Jesus talks about receiving rewards (example: people leaving home to preach the gospel, anyone who gives water to a disciple) and I think Paul mentions rewards too in Corinthians. I don't think these will be physical rewards but more like spiritual blessings. One of the greatest rewards for one of the elect would be to reign with Christ. So by storing treasure in heaven I believe Jesus is talking about doing things for the kingdom of God so that is where your heart will be.
-Steve

lorrie

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »

THATS IT!!That is what our FATHER is trying to say to me.I will have a house, land, money... after this age is done!Ding! :D  :o Not until then.Peace To all and thanks!

KristaD

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »

Not quite. This age is physical, the next will be spiritual and we will not have need for a house land or money at all. A house is shelter, God will be our shelter, land is space for physical bodies which we won't have as physical bodies grow old die and rot, and money is used to buy things that we won't need b/c God will provide us with any needs we have. The message is that you will have everything you need, but your needs won't be the same as they are here in this age. We are told not to worry about tomorrow what we will eat or wear, and that is for here in this life, He provides our needs even if it isn't how we'd like Him to. We are also told not to store up treasures on earth that will rust or be stolen and whatnot b/c those aren't things we will need in the next age, we will have everything we need and they will be spiritual things that are not subject to the laws of physics.

kweli

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 06:27:59 AM »

Just to add. The famous "Sermon at the Mount" actually started with blessings (well according to Matthew  anyway).

Matthew 5: 1-12

1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up onto a mountain; and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him.
2 And He opened His mouth and taught them, saying,
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
11 Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12 Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

Jesus here speaks of blessings. But whatever the blessing, money has no role in it. I dont think any of us is trying to say money is of no aid. I mean go to Amazon.com and see what a 'proper' study bible costs. But being in possession of a bible doesnt mean one is in for a heavenly reward.

Darren, the verse that you referred to:

Matthew 6: 19-21
19 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

We have just read how the treasures in Heaven are gained/found, at least two for sure (the poor in spirit [v3] and the persecuted for righteousness[v10-12]). None of which can be paid for with money. And more importantly, "where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal". So I supposed any treasure that can be corrupted by moth or rust or be stolen is probably not to be considered heavenly.

Nobody can be like that magician, full of trickery, who tried to buy a Gift of God in Acts. It is not possible. It doenst sit on some fancy display in a market place, waiting for the highest bidder.

The more Scripture speaks, the more I realise how deceived we were, especially when we tried to do the talking.

All Glory to Him
kweli
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:51:51 PM by kweli »

KristaD

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »

Thanks for expanding that with that scriptures Kweli!! :)

gmik

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 03:41:20 PM »

Wonderful thoughts on this thread!! Thanks for the scriptural references.

Hey, we tithed like our lives depended on it-really into LAW and didn't even know it. We would even charge our tithe if we didn't have it. Ha. but We were blessed.  We don't tithe now and we still are blessed.  Whats fun is freely giving our money to people who need it, what??? even family????   YES YES!  not worrying about the ten per cent, or if it is tax deductable.

Tithing is a despicable lie that Babylon perpetuates.

Ah, but being a cheerful giver from the heart is a blessing- God will let you know the when and where.

winner08

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 02:00:49 AM »

Jaguar: Sometimes when I'm flipping through the channels I will stop once and awhile just to check out what kind of nonesince there talking about on god tv. I notice whatever show it is they are always asking for money, one way or another they will try so hard to get your money.  Buy my tape or my book and I will show you how to get all your prayers answered. Or send a donation and God will bless you 7 fold. In all my yrs. I have failed to see any of the god tv programs who do not ask for money one way or the other. I believe that in one of the gospels they had a women who gave her last coin to Jesus and He said this women gave more than any rich man had ever gave. Now forgive me I am not quoting scripture. I just remembered reading how  this women will be blessed because she gave everything she had and gave it with faith and love for Christ. Gave from her heart. Many believe that if they give they too will be bless. But they give for the wrong reasons. Money,home, land cars food, these are thing of this age. We will have no need for these thing after we are change from corruptable to incorruptible. From flesh to spirit. From physical to spiritual. Just something for Jaguar to think about. Oh yes and do not store treasures on earth where thieves can steal them or turn to rust, but store treasures in heaven . Once again please forgive me for I don't quote scripture because I can never get them right or even remember where the scripture is in the Bible. I think you get the point about the treasures.

Thanks  Darren

lorrie

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »

Hi again Darren-As you can see by this post and the other one i put up that they are inter twined-- it is not my doing and i only noticed this today!Yes i do understand  what you are saying in their own way each person on this thread has said the same thing and i have got it! What is it?

I will endevor to put all my treasures in heavenly places!

OBrenda

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 01:30:21 PM »

Hey Everyone....Ray did a great study on this subject...Check it out and listen if you haven't already!
June 2008 Bible Study Sowing Spiritual Seed
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible Study 6-01-08 Pt_1.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible Study 6-01-08 Pt_2.mp3

Great Comments!

lorrie

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »

HI Obrenda i would love to study what Mr smith had to say concerning money however since i am hard of hearing i cannot listen-thanks anyway!!!Peace to you my sister.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:36:39 PM by jaguar »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.