bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: money  (Read 9381 times)

EKnight

Re: money
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »

Before I stopped attending my church, I pledged a good sum of money to my church and I have like five years to pay it.  I have paid about half to date.  I feel that I offered this money and that I still am obligated to give it.  Give to Caesar what is owed to Caesar.  What do you all think?

Eileen

OBrenda

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »

Not sure what a pledge is......Was this something you swore an oath to do??
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:08:57 PM by OBrenda »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »

My opinion only, you make a pledge to do something and you should follow through.

Craig

EKnight

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »

I didn't swear an oath but I did make a commitment to them that they would receive this amount of money from us.  I did it because they asked (not demanded) and I knew that we probably were of better means than most other parishoners and I felt they needed it. 

I am leaning toward continuing to make the monthly payments.  I guess it's an obligation that I made and I should follow through.  No doubt they are missing my weekly contributions as it is. 

Eileen

Roy Monis

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »

I didn't swear an oath but I did make a commitment to them that they would receive this amount of money from us.  I did it because they asked (not demanded) and I knew that we probably were of better means than most other parishoners and I felt they needed it. 

I am leaning toward continuing to make the monthly payments.  I guess it's an obligation that I made and I should follow through.  No doubt they are missing my weekly contributions as it is. 

Eileen

Hi! Eileen

A pledge is a voluntary commitment, promise, vow, assurance, obligation etc.etc. Seeing it was made to aid in the work of God. In my opinion I would say it should be honoured. If it was me, regardless of my present state I would make every effort to honour it. "But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation is of Jehovah." (Jonah 2:9).

A promise is a promise and should be honoured, following in the example set by the Lord Himself who has made countless promises to us His children and honoured them all. Personal integrity especially to God is what I'd call it.

The Lord has promised but Babylon has abused it and inherited the curse, but you will inherit the reward because your giving, not tithing, is for the right reason and with the right motive. So read this Scripture with commitment in mind and not the reward as the tithe payers do, their motive is for a greater reward. "Will a man rob God? yet ye rob me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with the curse; for ye rob me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring ye the whole tithe into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now herewith, saith Jehovah of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Mal.3:8-10).

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.