bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Near Death Experiences  (Read 24826 times)

Sozo

Near Death Experiences
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

Does anyone have any thoughts on near death experiences? I know this is a very generalized question, but I'm just wondering if anyone has done any research on this specifically.  Has Ray written anything on this topic?

rjsurfs

Re: Near Death Experiences
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »

There is nothing to experience when you're dead.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:42:24 PM by Bobby Proctor »

chav

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »

Sozo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »

Bobby, I realize their is nothing to experience when you are dead.  My question is pertaining to those that have claimed to have a near death experience.

Dave, thanks for the articles you listed.  Ray makes a very good point in them.  And that point being that though these people may be close to death when they have these "claimed" experiences, they are not in fact DEAD.  In other words, they are still alive when they have these experiences.

Let me ask a more specific question:  Of those that claim to have these experiences, what about the ones that say they left their body and list details of things that are going on around them and these things are later verified to be accurate?  To Ray's point...yes they are still alive, but what has taken place here?  Any thoughts?

Kent

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »

I've wondered about this too.

But they still are not dead.

It just tells me that the body can still be alive, but the spirit can leave for a short time.

Pilots sometimes experience this when too many G's are put on the body.

There are still some things we dont know about the body/spirit/mind connection, imo.

musicman

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

Satan can show people whatever God allows (or causes) him to show them.

UncleBeau

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »

I don't see why in most cases this wouldn't be a case of "lucid dreams". There are too many factors to consider in order to think that any near-death "experience" would be valid. First of all, is each person seeing the same "place"? If not, WHY not? Second, Does every single person that almost dies have this experience? If not, again, WHY not? If these things are not consistant and people's "experiences" contradict each other, then this is obviously not a mystery from God. God is not the author of confusion among people. We already know and cannot question the scriptures that when it comes to actually being dead, no one experiences ANYTHING; but I don't think that's where the confusion lies. Even if you were clinically dead in the hospital, upon awaking, you can dream. It's been studied that most dreams occur in regards to your short term and long term memory communicating (in simplest terms), and that dreams are not necessarily related to the REM sleep state. You can see just about anything that your mind can fabricate in just a matter of moments that can seem to last a long time. I can assume we've all experienced only sleeping for just a few minutes and having a very detailed dream. It would also make good and explainable sense to believe that this is how no two stories of this near-death" nonsense are completely alike. How many "alien abduction" stories have you seen or heard that were any different? Do we think that this is also something that God has yet to reveal? Not quite. We know that the next galaxy over is just too far away to travel to and away from. Either way, this is a good subject to discuss, but there's too much contradiction when it comes to these stories....not to mention in SO MANY of these "I've seen hell" stories, it contradicts Scripture left and right. Is this too any different?

Kat

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »

Hi Sozo,

I remember a friend that was here on the forum a while ago, who was a nurse and gave a really good explanation from a medical standpoint. I searched and found it and here is what she said:

"In fact, the truth is that even though someone is technically dead because they are flat-lining and have respiratory failure, The brain is not really dead for quite a bit after that. Deterioration under normal circumstances does not really start till about 4 mins after circulation stops (there are always exceptions tho) People have been resuscitated as long as 8 mins after the machines stop detecting, without adverse effects on recovery, 16-20 mins if drowed in very very cold water (slows deterioration)

Anyway, my point is that the body tissues  and fluids hold enough reserves to keep the brain going long enough for the subconscience to continue even though there are no outward vital signs. It is said that the 'hearing is the last thing to 'go' which is why we were always very respectful about what we said when performing 'last offices' on a dead person. Now, if the person is successfully resuscitated, then there is a very good chance they will retain a thought pattern of what was going on in their minds."

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=profile;u=335;sa=showPosts;start=45

I thought bring this up might help  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 03:48:55 PM by Kat »

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »

Does anyone have any thoughts on near death experiences? I know this is a very generalized question, but I'm just wondering if anyone has done any research on this specifically.  Has Ray written anything on this topic?

Hi! Sozo

I haven't long to go now, but when I do go I want to go properly. If perchance while in the process of my going with my happy thoughts of the rewards awaiting me some idiot were to interrupt my happy departure by resuscitating me - near death experience- then, not being properly dead I'd retain those beautiful thoughts in my fading memory and be able to recall all my experiences in heaven for the admiration of all the dancing, singing and sensation seeking clowns waiting to hear all about it and make money out of it. Hallelujah!  Amen!

God bless.       

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy      "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

My husband had went for hernia surgery he didn't improve after the surgery then his appendix burst, he had to have another surgery right away, The doctors said he may not make it.
He said he had an experience of seeing gray faceless people that was shoving him so he couldn't go any further, he said it was a scary place but this has been over 10 years and the memory is dim now.
I also believe it was just a dream, not a pleasant dream but a dream anyway.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:57:17 AM by Jackie Lee »

KristaD

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 06:38:40 PM »

Satan can show people whatever God allows (or causes) him to show them.
Yep!

winner08

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 02:16:13 AM »

I notice alot of these near death experiences people do see similar things. As in going through a long white tunnel seeing there dead relatives. Now I didn't say they all see the same things. Alot say there were floating in mid air. lots of similar things. I also seen where the experts say the brain activity still goes on after they flat line. I think it might just be death in progress.I mean do we know for sure that this isn't how the progression of death is? Yes I believe in what scripture says about death. The living know that they are going to die, but the dead know not anything. Maby we have the process of  death the  tunnels the dead relatives, floating etc,etc, then death.Maby God shows them these thing in order to make their passing easier. Maby this is part of God's plan. For these people not to die at that moment, but to show them these things so they do not fear death when it comes. On the other hand you have people who seen hell and Satan.and they experience a total negative experience. This would scare the hell  ::) out of them. Then they would turn from their evil ways. Maby This is God's way of telling us something. Then again what do I know? I can honestly say I don't know much at all. This wouldn't be the first time I got it totally wrong and it won't be the last.

Darren

musicman

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »

Darren,
Showing someone a hell that does not exist is not a Godly, rather a Satanic thing to do.  It would teach them nothing of value.

winner08

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 12:16:15 AM »

Ok I can see that. (I was wrong) what a suprise.  :-[

Darren

Jackie Lee

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »

I was just thinking about this, I hate to say this but my husband is pretty negative at times so he seemed to see the negative side of a near death since he is a strong believer in everlasting punishment.
It was easier for him to have a dream of negativity of hell it was the closest thing on his mind since he thought he was probably not good enough for heaven, or not bad enough for hell so just thinking.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

Darren,
Showing someone a hell that does not exist is not a Godly, rather a Satanic thing to do.  It would teach them nothing of value.

Amen, God does not lie. He has no reason to lie to change someone's ways. His LOVE will MELT THEM as paul melted.

God bless,

Alex

Roy Monis

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 07:37:35 AM »

I notice alot of these near death experiences people do see similar things. As in going through a long white tunnel seeing there dead relatives. Now I didn't say they all see the same things. Alot say there were floating in mid air. lots of similar things. I also seen where the experts say the brain activity still goes on after they flat line. I think it might just be death in progress.I mean do we know for sure that this isn't how the progression of death is? Yes I believe in what scripture says about death. The living know that they are going to die, but the dead know not anything. Maby we have the process of  death the  tunnels the dead relatives, floating etc,etc, then death.Maby God shows them these thing in order to make their passing easier. Maby this is part of God's plan. For these people not to die at that moment, but to show them these things so they do not fear death when it comes. On the other hand you have people who seen hell and Satan.and they experience a total negative experience. This would scare the hell  ::) out of them. Then they would turn from their evil ways. Maby This is God's way of telling us something. Then again what do I know? I can honestly say I don't know much at all. This wouldn't be the first time I got it totally wrong and it won't be the last.

Darren

Hi! Darren

Download " The Lake Of Fire Chapter V111 ---'What Happened To The Church That Jesus Built?" by Ray and it will answer all your questions and I'm sure put your mind at rest. The Bible warns us that these false christ's and false prophets will work convincing enough wonders to deceive even the elect. Now that is something, and he even tells us Scripturally who these false prophets and christ's are. Read it brother it's all in there.

God bless you my brother and help you in your walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

little rock

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 10:27:40 AM »

I think God will use what ever it takes to bring people to Him and if it is an experience of evil(seeing your minds eye of hell)then it will be done.I saw demons while on drugs (perhaps hallucinations )then had a psycotic experience, sure as hell put the fear of God into me.Made me have a wake up call as to all the things i'd done wrong(repentance)and called out to God to help me ,which He did ,so whatever it takes to wake ya and shake ya I'd say.peace to all :)

Chuck

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »

A friend of mine, who happens to be a preacher, was visiting someone in the hospital.  While he was there he (the preacher) "died" according to the docs---heart attack.  They revived him.  He was gone for a couple minutes.  I asked him what happened during that time when his heart stopped beating and he stopped breathing.  His reply......nothing.  This same preacher has repeated stated that as soon as we stop breathing we will be in heaven or hell.  I didn't continue our conversation.  Simply threw that question out in hopes that he would see the errors of his ways. 

carol v

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »

Darren,

I don't want to get in a debate here, but when you say that nothing of value can be learned from Satan aren't you writing off the entire Book of Job. Since God Himself sends strong delusion while at the same time having a perfect plan to bring all humanity into His image, then there must be a reason and a value to deception. The existence of hell is certainly a strong delusion -- a very, very, very strong delusion.

We must eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil -- that means getting deceived, doing the wrong thing, and learning some valuable lessons from God's tool known as Satan. God created Satan and called all of His creation "very good" so I wouldn't just write off the lessons we learn from Satan as being of no value.

Carol
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.