bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life after death  (Read 5392 times)

lorrie

Life after death
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »

Hi Every one-I just  went to a funeral this last weekend it was my grandmas husband -she is 92. I overheard somone say that he was really struggling the last few weeks before he died concerning where he would go after he died,it occurred to me that must be torture of the mind.
I would have loved to have  been there to tell him the truth!However i did try to tell family members at the funeral and they argued with me that the bible says people will go to hell no matter what.So i now know it will do no dood for me to say anything, it is completly between them and our Father.I also got a very strange reaction from my family when i let be known i am healed-the reaction was subdued as if they didnt want to believe what they where hearing nor seeing,weird!  

mharrell08

Re: Life after death
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

Matt. 10:36

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matt. 12:47-50

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Hope this helps Jaguar...I've been in the same boat for a year and a half now. Feels like being alone on an island huh? But you know who's on that island too? Our Father and brother, Jesus Christ!  :D

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »

Hi Jaguar,

Sorry to hear of your lose.  I think people have built their ideas of what they believe from a complicated mesh mash of hearsay, myths, fairy tales and heresy they hear.  They blend it all together and come up with these ridiculous beliefs they hold on to.  When you introduce a bit of truth, it is pretty much impossible for them to fit it into what they understand, of course unless God is opening their eyes and then their house of cards begins to fall.

As for their subdued reaction to your being healed, well you did not go to one of those healing revivals and fall over backwards  ;)  If you have been speaking to some of them about this Truth, they probably think you are delusional.  Even though our families may turn from us, not to fear, God will provide.

Mat 19:29  And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »

Isa 26:19  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Job 33:29  Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,

Job 33:30  To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Peace,

Joe

winner08

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:21:02 PM »

It amazes me everytime I have been to a funeral the priest or whoever is doing the speaking always tells the family of the decease that so and so is with God in a better place. Never this man is in hell where he's burning, because he was an evil person. You will never hear that, (I don't think you will). Anyway what's wrong with the truth. So and so is in the ground sleeping. He will be resurrected at the appropeit time. and one day he will be in the Kingdom. That sounds good to me.   

Darren

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »

Hi Jaguar,

Sorry to hear of your lose.  I think people have built their ideas of what they believe from a complicated mesh mash of hearsay, myths, fairy tales and heresy they hear.  They blend it all together and come up with these ridiculous beliefs they hold on to.  When you introduce a bit of truth, it is pretty much impossible for them to fit it into what they understand, of course unless God is opening their eyes and then their house of cards begins to fall.

As for their subdued reaction to your being healed, well you did not go to one of those healing revivals and fall over backwards  ;)  If you have been speaking to some of them about this Truth, they probably think you are delusional.  Even though our families may turn from us, not to fear, God will provide.

Mat 19:29  And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hi! Kath.

Well said sister. Waste of time trying to talk sense with the senseless, they just won't listen. They'd rather believe in....oh! Forget it, let them burn if that is what they want, who cares? Strangely I do, so I rather believe that our merciful God will, and He will, purge some sense into them.

Yes Jaguar, I too am sorry to hear of your loss and more so your predicament: "....Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be affrighted at them: for Jehovah thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee...." (Deut.31:6).

God bless you. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK      "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1Jn.4:8

Chuck

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »

Darren,

Great response.  Nothing more needs to be said than that!

Here is a good one for all to laugh at.  My wife's grandmother died a couple years ago.  She had attended an A/G church most or all of her life.  The minister while talking about granny said a few nice things about her......faithful mother and grandmother, loving wife, ALWAYS PAID HER TITHES!  Whew.  Good thing he put that in there or else she would have been burning in hell forever.  I nearly laughed out loud. 

Chuck 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.