bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The immortal soul  (Read 4599 times)

DizzyD

The immortal soul
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

I have been having an e mail exchange with an individual about the soul being immortal I offered these pieces of scripture as reference:
Pslm 6:5
      78:39
      88:10-12
     103:14-16
      115:17
      146: 4
   Job 7:9-10
        10:18
         14:12&21
Eccle3:22
        9:5-10
Isiah 26:14
        38:18

They said they were all old testament and on top all that the scriptures can be twisted to suite any need

So I came back with this piece of scripture:

1Timothy6:14-that that thou keep this commandment without spot , unrebukable  until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ 15: which in his times he shall show, who is blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords 16: who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power ever lasting. Amen

They had mentioned Paul in one of our exchanges so I thought I would give a quote from him. I also noted to them that it was strictly a quote no twisting of the words there. I have yet to hear of any response.

I don't know why I wanted to share this experience with my brothers and sisters here at BT I guess the Life after Death thread struck a cord in me to want to vent a little frustration one feels when they share truths with churchianity and falls on deaf ears.

Love and prayers to all

Bud

lorrie

Re: The immortal soul
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »

Hi Bud-I can now say from experience that once you have planted the seed and been given their response,let it go.It is now up to our Father in heaven.Be at Peace and rest in him.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »

I don't know why I wanted to share this experience with my brothers and sisters here at BT I guess the Life after Death thread struck a cord in me to want to vent a little frustration one feels when they share truths with churchianity and falls on deaf ears.

Love and prayers to all

Bud

Hello Bud,

Not trying to get on you or anything, but from my experience, you have to be careful with that attitude. I have felt the same way with people in my life. It's like that analogy Ray used once: having the truths of God and then sparring/debating back and forth with someone of Christendom is like having a black belt looking for a street fight. That's a spirit of pride and is not of God. What's really frustrating is how we all know this and yet sometimes get sucked right back in. The spirit is definitely willing but the flesh is weak.

Marques

winner08

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

Hey Bud: I had that very discussion with some people in the system. Immortal soul. Yes, this is one way I put this to them.If we have an immortal soul then when we die our soul goes up to heaven or down to hell where our soul lives in happiness forever or hell for ever. Now that means after we are resurrected now this might be thousands of yrs after we died. so we been in bliss all that time or burning all that time. Now were are resurrected and God will put our soul back into our bodies then raise us from the dead, judge us and re-sentence us to a live of bliss or damnation. Then we have to start our sentence ALL OVER AGAIN!! Or how about this If a soul is like our spirit then our soul would have to have nerves in order to feel pain (burning) or any other kind of physical feelings. We all know that a soul does not have nerve endings. A soul CAN NOT feel pain or feel anything physical. This is just a few thing I told my friends when discussing immortal souls. Plus there's many scriptures that Jesus taught, that He said that there's no immortal soul. No man has ascended into heaven except the Son. BTW this is only my take on this subject. and most of the time I am wrong when it comes to these matters. I don't want to steer you wrong. I'm not a teacher in any way shape or form. Just a babe in the ways of God.

thanks , Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.