bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sea of Glass - Ray's most recent paper.  (Read 5938 times)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Sea of Glass - Ray's most recent paper.
« on: May 24, 2008, 02:08:16 AM »

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to make a comment about Ray's most recent installment in the Lake of Fire series, which I thought was excellent by the way.  You can find it at the bellow link.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm

When I was reading this I got to the section where Ray talks about the sea of glass.  It occurred to me that glass is made out of sand!  Rev 13:1 reads:

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Ray explained earlier in his lake of fire series that we build our spiritual houses on the spiritual sand - Christendom - that is out of the spiritual sea.  Our houses can come crashing down when God sends life's blows to beat upon our house and crash our houses.  Anyway, it dawned on me that when sand is burned / heated up it becomes glass.  Sand which is Silicon Dioxide is a particularly useful glass (not all glass is made of sand but sand does turn into glass when heated).  I copied the following from wikipedia:

Pure SiO2 glass (the same chemical compound as quartz, or, in its polycrystalline form, sand) does not absorb UV light and is used for applications that require transparency in this region. Large natural single crystals of quartz are pure silicon dioxide, and upon crushing are used for high quality specialty glasses. Synthetic amorphous silica, an almost 100 % pure form of quartz, is the raw material for the most expensive specialty glasses, such as optical fiber core. Undersea cables have sections doped with erbium, which amplify transmitted signals by laser emission from within the glass itself. Amorphous SiO2 is also used as a dielectric material in integrated circuits due to the smooth and electrically neutral interface it forms with silicon.

Following the glass batch preparation and mixing the raw materials are transported to the furnace. Soda-lime glass for mass production is melted in gas fired units. Smaller scale furnaces for specialty glasses include electric melters, pot furnaces and day tanks.[9]

Revelation 15:1-3 reads

"And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" 

So not only do our houses get crushed because they were built on the sand but the sand itself gets burned up and forms glass which interestingly is transparent so that light shines through it!!  I hope you all see the connections.  Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

eggi

Re: The Sea of Glass - Ray's most recent paper.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:35:35 AM »

Excellent Josh,

And the fire goes on after the glass is formed.

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. (Rev 15:2)

I guess the glass will then be fire-proof!

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. (Isa 43:2)

For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. (Isa 66:16)

And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them. (Dan 3:27)

Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

joyful1

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »

Hi Josh--
Interesting thoughts--it feels like there is something there calling to me, but I'm still looking at it-- one thing that comes to mind:

For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. (Isa 66:16)

Many are called, but few are chosen--

Paul stood on the sand of the sea at the beginning of the Revelation of Jesus Christ--could this show that Paul, who had obviously faced many firery trials at that point in his life was able to stand on the "sand of the sea" and was still one of the Many called out of the sea, only to now (being sepperated completely from the church at that point) to continue on through the baptisim of fire by Jesus to become one of the FEW? I'm not sure.....but there is something there that I want to look at further....thanks for the post!

Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:20:43 AM »

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to make a comment about Ray's most recent installment in the Lake of Fire series, which I thought was excellent by the way.  You can find it at the bellow link.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm

When I was reading this I got to the section where Ray talks about the sea of glass.  It occurred to me that glass is made out of sand!  Rev 13:1 reads:

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Ray explained earlier in his lake of fire series that we build our spiritual houses on the spiritual sand - Christendom - that is out of the spiritual sea.  Our houses can come crashing down when God sends life's blows to beat upon our house and crash our houses.  Anyway, it dawned on me that when sand is burned / heated up it becomes glass.  Sand which is Silicon Dioxide is a particularly useful glass (not all glass is made of sand but sand does turn into glass when heated).  I copied the following from wikipedia:

Pure SiO2 glass (the same chemical compound as quartz, or, in its polycrystalline form, sand) does not absorb UV light and is used for applications that require transparency in this region. Large natural single crystals of quartz are pure silicon dioxide, and upon crushing are used for high quality specialty glasses. Synthetic amorphous silica, an almost 100 % pure form of quartz, is the raw material for the most expensive specialty glasses, such as optical fiber core. Undersea cables have sections doped with erbium, which amplify transmitted signals by laser emission from within the glass itself. Amorphous SiO2 is also used as a dielectric material in integrated circuits due to the smooth and electrically neutral interface it forms with silicon.

Following the glass batch preparation and mixing the raw materials are transported to the furnace. Soda-lime glass for mass production is melted in gas fired units. Smaller scale furnaces for specialty glasses include electric melters, pot furnaces and day tanks.[9]

Revelation 15:1-3 reads

"And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" 

So not only do our houses get crushed because they were built on the sand but the sand itself gets burned up and forms glass which interestingly is transparent so that light shines through it!!  I hope you all see the connections.  Josh

Hi! Josh

You have given me some considerable food for thought here. Thank you.

God bless brother in our communal walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:30 AM »

WOW! I love things like that! Thanks Josh ;D.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »

Hi Josh,

The symbolism used in Scripture is a wonder way that God paints a picture for us to show us His plan.  You can see these symbols weave there way through many Scripture and even used in different ways, but always remaining consistant.

This teaching you bring forward is an extension of his teaching in the Lake of Fire series part 12 'GOD JUDGES THE WORLD IN A POND.'

It is amazing to comtemplate all the implications, for the Elect, that this "sea of glass" pictures.

Here is an excerpt from part 12 of the Lake of Fire series that goes along with what you posted.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html ---------

"And I saw as it were a SEA OF GLASS mingled with FIRE [yes, the fire of God’s spirit is a necessary part of this ‘sea of glass’]: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass [ah, they too can now walk on water which is now smooth and calm as glass], having the harps of God"

All of the "raging and foaming" has been calmed SMOOTH AS GLASS by the fiery spirit of God. They now sing praises to God, symbolized by their harps! Jesus will yet calm the great sea of humanity. Be not deceived, the sea will yet "OBEY Him!"

GOD’S MINISTERS ARE FLAMES OF FIRE

I showed you earlier that Jesus Christ is not only IN the lake of fire, He IS THE LAKE OF FIRE. He is the Divinity in this spiritual fire.

Ponder this:

Like Christ, we too are raised with a "SPIRITUAL body" (I Cor. 15:44).

We are in fact called, "the BODY of Christ" (Eph. 1:23).

We will literally "be LIKE Him [Christ]" (I John 3:2).

God will make us into "ministers [of] FLAMING FIRE" (Psalm 104:4).

We too then will be like our God, "a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

God promises us that, "…the saints shall JUDGE THE WORLD…" and "we shall JUDGE ANGELS" (I Cor. 6:2-3)!

God tells us WHERE this judgment will take place:

"…they were judged every man according to their works," and "whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE" (Rev. 20:13 & 15).

Therefore, we, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

The lake of fire is a metaphor written in symbols that stand for what is being symbolized, not the symbols themselves. The lake of fire is composed of Jesus Christ the Judge of the world, Christ’s divine spiritual fire and brimstone, and the Sons of God who are the body of Christ who are also FLAMES OF FIRE (Heb. 1:7).

And the whole world will be judged BY US! After death, all the dead will be resurrected, they will all be judged, they will have to pass through the purifying lake of fire, they will have to PASS THROUGH US! WE will be their judge along with our Lord.

"Know ye not that the SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD?"

And so, the GREAT SEA OF HUMANITY will be judged in the safety and security of the LAKE OF SAINTS!
------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aktikt

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »

Kat, Krista, Roy, Joyce, and Eggi thanks for your comments.

It's cool to get a revelation like that, even knowing that it's totally undeserved and God caused and given, it can still puff you up.  I felt a little puffed up having received it, but not quite as bad as earlier in my life.   This revelation began me thinking about the number of revelations Ray had / has received that he must have dealt with pride as well.  But, probably his trials and spiritual knowledge have kept him humble just as with Paul and his huge amount of trials.

I agree Eggi the glass mingled with fire is a cool metaphor.  The glass remains with the fire and is "fireproof".  Or perhaps coexistent with the glass!  The fire (God is a consuming fire.) abides in the glass!

Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.