bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Price Love  (Read 6494 times)

Roy Monis

What Price Love
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

Hi! All.

This poem was written for us all as a last request from a young girl with 6 months to live, terminally ill with cancer. I don't know her and for all I know, she may not be of our persuasion but does that matter? I love her as I know you do to. She needs our prayers. Please give her a thought in yours. Thank you.

A last request to as many as can be reached, to reflect her love for us all.

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids

On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain

Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?

Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

Do you run through each day

On the fly?

When you ask How are you?

Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done

Do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores

Running through your head?

You'd better slow down

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

Ever told your child,

We'll do it tomorrow?

And in your haste,

Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,

Let a good friendship die

Cause you never had time

To call and say,'Hi'

You'd better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere

You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,

It is like an unopened gift..

Thrown away..

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.

***********************************************************************************--------------------
Thank you. At just 16 years of age she will see these wonders of God no more.

God bless you my brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

ellie77

Re: What Price Love
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »

Very touching Roy......thank you....will pray.... yet the plans of our Lord will be the greatest song and most wonderful dance even though this one ends......Ellie........peace to all....

ez2u

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »

may we live each day as Jesus told us to do taking one day at a time.  our minds hurry us through and its harder to look at what we are doing.  This angel of the Lord spoke well  Peggy

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »

What a wonderful poem.... it is funny that it takes a 16 year old to reflect on life this way where older people may never grasp the wisdom of the words.  May God bless her for blessing us.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:32:07 AM »

The poem may be nice but the premise is a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/slowdance.asp

An astute reader caught this, thanks Wes

Craig

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »

Hi! Craig

Thanks for the info I was taken in by the email I received and felt compassion for the poor girl and appealed for prayers. I owe everyone on this forum an apology for misleading them. How low can people get, I'm beginning to think that I have completely lost touch with this evil world. For give me and thanks to Wes also.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

carol v

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »

Hi Roy,

After the Virginia Tech shootings I received an email from the local Emmaus group to pray for a family who had a child that was killed in the shootings. This family had added to their grief by running over and killing their other child in their driveway when leaving for the airport to fly to Virginia. This had supposedly happened in San Antonio. The whole thing just kind of smelled to me so I did a search on the internet and found it was also a hoax. I wrote the Emmaus group and let them know.

It is an evil world for sure. But for every tragedy that is a hoax, there is a real tragedy happening, so keep on praying. God knows.

Carol

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:49:15 PM »

Don't worry about the hoax, brother Roy! Everyone here has, or will be,  hoodwinked at some point in life.....its almost as if you become a sitting duck if you're using the internet and have an ounce of compassion in your bones....there are a lot of bad guys out there....but don't loose your sweet spirit of compassion.....those bad guys are destined to become one of the good guys! heheheh! that will show them!!
Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »

Hi Roy,

After the Virginia Tech shootings I received an email from the local Emmaus group to pray for a family who had a child that was killed in the shootings. This family had added to their grief by running over and killing their other child in their driveway when leaving for the airport to fly to Virginia. This had supposedly happened in San Antonio. The whole thing just kind of smelled to me so I did a search on the internet and found it was also a hoax. I wrote the Emmaus group and let them know.

It is an evil world for sure. But for every tragedy that is a hoax, there is a real tragedy happening, so keep on praying. God knows.

Carol

Hi! Carol

Thank you for your kind words but it just goes to show that there is no limit to how low some people will stoop to give themselves a laugh as it is only they who could laugh at such. May God have mercy on that hoaxer's miserable soul, and I pray that that non-existent girl's suffering doesn't strike nearer home for him.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Roy Monis

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »

may we live each day as Jesus told us to do taking one day at a time.  our minds hurry us through and its harder to look at what we are doing.  This angel of the Lord spoke well  Peggy

Hi! ez2u

Thank you for your response and please accept my sincere apology for deceiving you, if it is of any consolation I fell for it too. May God have mercy on that cruel hoaxer's miserable soul and let us pray it doesn't bounce back at him/her. Whoever it is he/she does urgently need to pick himself/herself up out of the sewer.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »

Very touching Roy......thank you....will pray.... yet the plans of our Lord will be the greatest song and most wonderful dance even though this one ends......Ellie........peace to all....

Hi! ellie77

Thank you for your response and please forgive me for deceiving you. If it is of any consolation, I got trapped by it too. I can assure you that our prayers will be used by our loving and merciful God for some deserving case as there must be thousands out there in need of prayer. And please pray for that miserable hoaxer's soul as well as he/she certainly needs it.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.