bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women Preachers  (Read 5322 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Women Preachers
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »

I've been in a bible fellowship church. On the board as a chair person. Our pastor  a male  retried .And a woman pastor replace him .what or your thoughts on a woman being a pastor. 1st tim 2 8-15 . I resigned.
She had trouble with a couple ruling that the board made.Salary .And her not being at the board meeting . I love the church and the people for the last 3 years And i'm hurting since i Resigned  I 'm going to another church  but my wife  will not go with me

Dear Bryant:  Your Bible says the same thing mine does, I reckon. We have two witnesses to the fact that Paul did not allow women to be teachers or preachers in the Congregation. Unless something can show me that these verses do not mean what they say, I can only conclude that they mean what they say.
God be with you,
Ray

PS   I have read the arguments that because God used women to lead Israel in the past (Example: Deborah), women should therefore be permitted to teach in the congregation, but I don't see how they get around Paul's declarations to the contrary.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.