bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake of Fire  (Read 5208 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Lake of Fire
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »

Mr. Smith,

I have been searching for truth.  One of my pursuits of truth has to do with hell and the lake of fire.  I read your write up on it and have some questions.  You say that hell and the lake of fire are not literal.  Also you state that a literal fire can’t burn a spiritual body.

What does this verse mean to you?

Matthew 10:28 (New International Version)

28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Is that not literal either but symbolic?  Why should we be afraid if it isn’t literal?

Also to address the question about fire not being able to burn a spiritual body.  I also agreed with this until I thought about the above verse.  If you are in spiritual form, you’re not in the physical world are you?  You would be in a spiritual realm, IMO.  If there is a place called Heaven where God and other spiritual beings live and dwell, and they wear clothing, and they have “streets of gold and gates of pearl” and things like that which would all be in a spiritual dimension, why can’t they have fire in the spiritual dimension?  If these other things are allowed to exist in the spiritual places why can’t fire?  And why can’t that fire burn spiritual beings without killing them since they aren’t alive in the physical?  Also, I’m like you in that I don ’ t understand why God would create all of us and burn the majority of us forever.  I like your explanation better, but is it correct?

Any help would be appreciated,

Andy

Dear Andy: A couple of Installments back in my Hell series I explained Matt. 10:28 in detail. You did not read it. You have several concepts all twisted up. You ask why there can't be spiritual fire?  Not only can there be, there IS.  That's the whole point of this whole thing of Judgment by "fire."  The "fire" is SPIRITUAL FIRE.  I have stated and shown it from the Scriptures, over and over and over again.  All of the "fiery" trials that the Apostles speak of are not LITERAL PHYSICAL FIRE that burn and kill the physical skin and flesh.  I really don't know what to say that I haven't said that would make it clear to you. You are missing a lot, I'm afraid. You need to read the whole Lake of Fire series, and maybe it will come clearer for you. You need to pray for spiritual understanding of spiritual things.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   No, Andy, there is NOT a physical place with streets of physical gold and gates of pearls. These too are all figruative and symbolic.  The New Jerusalem is not a PHYSICAL city. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.