bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Brisbane  (Read 5581 times)

jaylo03

Hello from Brisbane
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:39:51 AM »

Hi everyone, it's great to join this forum. I found Ray's website because I was genuinely searching for Truth within the scriptures.  Once I found his site I didn't have to read much to be convinced.  I love reading and I know I'm going to spend a lot of time here reading and absorbing information I should have been taught many years ago, but like other's here, I am going to have to continue to overcome and let go of wrong teachings and start again in a lot of areas. 

Since I left my old church, which I was a member for over 30 years, I have managed to undo self righteousness, being judgemental, pointing the finger, being critical of others, and so many horrible attributes which I had been taught that was supposed to make me an acceptable christian.  It was awful and it has taken several years to un-programe.  Now I can start again on the right foot!  And I believe I have found a great site to learn all over again, thanks to Ray. 

I can now continue to walk with the Lord and know I'm on the right path with Him.  He know's how much I love Him and He know's I want to serve Him truthfully.

Lois.

joyful1

Re: Hello from Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »

Hi Lois!
Good to have you on board!

Did you find a particularly special part of the LOF series that spoke to you?

Which Bisbane are you from?
Bisbane, Australia ?

Looking forward to your posts....again....

Joyce :)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:34:08 AM »

Welcome Lois and hope you continue to enjoy all of Ray's teachings as well as fellowship on the forum.

Marques

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

Hey Lois,
Welcome. Nice to have you here.

iris

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »

Hi Lois, welcome to the forum!
Hope you keep reading and enjoy!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

Hi Lois,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)

It is a journey/process after we have our eyes opened until we internalize the Truth.  I have found that being here among like minded people helps me greatly.  I learn a lot from people sharing their different perspectives, it gives me things to consider that I would not have thought of.  I also gain a lot searching through the Scriptures when seeking to answer a question.  So do join in and we will learn together.

Here are some links you may not have noticed yet.

Forum info. board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
Ray's audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html
Transcripts of audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

welcome Lois     ;D

We have several people here from the land of OZ, and other places in other time zones, and many of us can be nite owls so you will be able to exchange information.

We all are learning new things here every day so you will not be alone in that area either. The audios are great to listen to and even if you cannot attend a function, you can still hear it and Kat is extremely kind enough to type them up also. We may have video's too perhaps...eek... :P.....

beloved1

jaylo03

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »

I'm from Brisbane down under, Australia.  I moved 2 hrs away to inland SE Queensland last year, but I still go to Brisbane a lot.  Here it has searing, unrelenting heat in summer and winter is what we call 'freezing' at approx 4 degrees in winter and that's only at night.  Is there anyone else on this forum from my area?

I've been reading loads of Ray's emails, there are some beauty's.  Aren't some people ridiculous, they're like an ant trying to take on a gorilla.  They don't stand a chance trying to confront Ray. LOL

I haven't got into the LOF series yet, but I will very soon, like today, and I did print out 'Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Testament Parts I and II'.  I have some dear friends who are truly fixed about tithing.  They have tithed all their church life, and they are now pensioners and are still paying tithes to their pastor.  I've only known them for a few months.  It is such a delicate issue with them, I have no idea how to break the ice with them.  I am praying about it, but you guys may have some ideas you could suggest.

Giving these people a copy of 'Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Testament Parts I and II' would not be the way to go about it.  It needs to be a very gentle approach over a period of time because they are not willing to see it any other way.

Should I start a new thread somewhere else about this?

Lois.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:06:12 AM by jaylo03 »

mark_from_oz

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »

I'm from Brisbane down under, Australia.  I moved 2 hrs away to inland SE Queensland last year, but I still go to Brisbane a lot.  Here it has searing, unrelenting heat in summer and winter is what we call 'freezing' at approx 4 degrees in winter and that's only at night.  Is there anyone else on this forum from my area?

Hi Lois, I used to live in SE QLD (Gold Coast), but I moved earlier this year to Albury, NSW. Glad to see fellow Aussie's being set free by the Truths of God's word.

ellie77

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 01:47:37 AM »

Hi Lois, Welcome to the forum.So much wonderful learning ahead of you and for all of us really. It never stops.....I am from Port Macqurie.N.S.W.. Peace to you and yours Ellie. :)

Pini56

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 05:30:27 AM »

Hello Jaylo03. Here is a Word for you.

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.

You are in my Prayers. With Love.

jaylo03

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »

Thankyou Pini56.  It's hard to know what to concentrate on sometimes.

Kat

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »

Hi Jaylo,

I have some dear friends who are truly fixed about tithing.  They have tithed all their church life, and they are now pensioners and are still paying tithes to their pastor.  I've only known them for a few months.  It is such a delicate issue with them, I have no idea how to break the ice with them.  I am praying about it, but you guys may have some ideas you could suggest.

Giving these people a copy of 'Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Testament Parts I and II' would not be the way to go about it.  It needs to be a very gentle approach over a period of time because they are not willing to see it any other way.

Should I start a new thread somewhere else about this?

You might want to start a new topic with this, because most people probably will not come here and see your question.

I will say that you know thes people and if you feel the soft approach is the best, then that's the way you should go.  Some people can't take getting hit in the face with all these Scriptures and just withdraw totally from what you are trying to tell them. 

So I would say you might can share what YOU have learned about giving money to the church.  If they have not heard any of the truth, they might not respond well to bashing the church.  So you could come from the perspective that it's good to give if you can, but it is not commanded.  Then you could show them Scriptures that back up what you are saying.  This may instigate questions that you can use to get in more details. 

But that is just what I think.  So do post a question and you will get a lot of responses to help you out  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »

Hi! Lois

What a lovely name!

Save me one of your juicy mangoes while we look forward to hearing more from you.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.