bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Were Robbed!!!!!  (Read 5260 times)

SandyFla

We Were Robbed!!!!!
« on: June 02, 2008, 01:53:30 AM »

While I was at work last Friday night/Saturday morning around 3:00 AM, some (bleep) broke into my parent's place and robbed us. (I work the night shift, 7 PM-7:30 AM, at the hospital.)

If that was not enough, he also got into bed with my mom and fondled her! She is 80 years old, has a very weak heart and is legally blind. Unbelievably, she had the STRENGTH and COURAGE to scream at him and push him away, literally shoving him out the door. She said he seemed to be drunk or on drugs. Thank God he didn't hit her back or hurt her. My dad slept through the whole thing. The police called me at work around 5:00 AM and told me that my dad's car was stolen, and I came right home.

Then, to top it off, he took the urn that holds Bethany's ashes out of her velvet bag; I know because it was put back in the wrong way. I'm glad he didn't think it was cocaine, or dump it all over the floor. Her ashes were still there, secure in the plastic bag. (For those of you who don't know, Bethany is my beautiful cat whom we lost to cancer this past April 3; her picture is my avatar.)

The police caught him by the time I arrived, and I will get my possessions back. However, I don't know if they found my dad's wallet with his driver's license, SS and medical cards, etc.

Normally, I am a kind and loving person. Heck, I take care of sick people for a living, and would give a fellow human being the shirt off my back, but what this "person" (if you can call him that) did has changed who I am.

I'm sorry I don't believe in hell anymore, as that's where he belongs!!! My mom, who DOES believe in hell, is a better person than I am. She is the one who was attacked, and she has forgiven him. As you can tell, I have not. I'm sure God is not too pleased with me these days, but I have to be real with Him and with you all. In a few days or weeks I might be able to at least CONSIDER forgiving him, but right now, after thinking about what he did to my mom and how he put his grubby paws on my baby's urn, I have nothing but seething hatred toward him. My religous consolation is that I have the heart of King David - just before he died.

Oh, well ....

God help us all.

Sandy

carol v

Re: We Were Robbed!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:19:48 AM »

Sandy, everything is really fresh right now so don't be too hard on yourself. Let some time pass, let God work in you and I think things will get easier and your heart will be more forgiving.

This is a terrible crime and you have every reason to feel rage. I am very sorry for your whole family and will pray for your strength to carry everyone through this rough time. Please don't be so hard on yourself. God knows your heart.

This person did NOT change who you are by the way -- you are still that kind and loving child of God -- you are just a person going through a very, very, very fiery trial and God will use this to shape you, teach you and show you His mercy.

Who knows what God has in store for you on this one but you could well look back in a few years and see this as one of your most important times of learning, growing and getting to know yourself and God.

Carol

Robin

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:32:57 AM »

The same thing happened to my mom Sandy. It was right after my dad died. My mom forgot to lock her door and a drunk guy walked in with a ski mask on and forced my mom to give him her purse. This was after he cut her porch screen. She was in her 80's too at the time. They caught him and he went to jail for 6 years. She was very afraid after that so I got her some of those doorknob alarms and stick on window alarms. Before that she propped the chairs up against the doorknobs. I was so angry that she lived in so much fear. She is a lot better now and remembers to lock her door.

My kids and I have also been victims of some pretty horrible crimes and I always tell God the truth about how I feel and ask him to complete the work in me so I will become who he wants me to be. There is no trying to fake it at times like that.

Many prayers for you and your family.

Hugs,
MG

Karen

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »

I can understand how outraged you feel, it's your Mum !
Just keep being honest with God, because I have learnt that is all He really demands of us, He does the rest, eventually.

Praying for you all.

Karen

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »

Hi Sandy--
I'm so sorry for your mother, dad and you....
I understand that it doesn't feel fair at all....
Sending love your way today!

Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »

Hi! Sandy, M.G.

How horrible and disgusting to hear of such things. I am a man and when I am faced with this kind of thing I begin to hate myself and my sex. OK the hell that your mum believes in is too severe a punishment but as an alternative I would love to place him in a punctured rubber dingy, mid-Atlantic and with nothing to bail the water out other than shark attracters.

Your feelings are only too natural and you must not be too hard on yourselves. Pray for courage and I'm sure all on this forum will link our prayers with yours and then leave it with God and His predestined will, which I'm sure will work for the good:  “No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you....Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go."  (Josh.1:5,7).

Nice words Carol

God bless you sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »

I can understand how outraged you feel, it's your Mum !
Just keep being honest with God, because I have learnt that is all He really demands of us, He does the rest, eventually.

Praying for you all.

Karen

Hi! Karen

It's great to see you getting involved, that's the Spirit. It feels good and makes everyone else receiving the encouragement feel good. Keep it up!

Jesus said: “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matt.7:14).

God bless you sister and brother (Dave) in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

musicman

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »

I'm sorry for the pain that has been brought to you and your family.  There is much evil in this world.

lorrie

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 07:14:13 PM »

How awful it feels to be violated in that manner,you just wanna shake them till their marbles get in order for daring to mess with your family.!!
However there is a silver lining to this dark cloud--there must of been an angel there and he kept that knothead from seriously hurting your mom and our father gave her the strength to fight that dude-we can thank our Father for that,huh?And that he has been caught!!                     
May our Father in heaven  to bless you and yours!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:59:29 PM by jaguar »

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »

So sorry for your pain.  I'll pray for your family and I'll try to pray for the criminal that has done this evil to your mom.  It's hard to grasp God's Will at times like this, and hard to find the right words to comfort.  I'm just so sorry that you're going thru such trials.

Love,
Vangie

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 04:21:12 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. It means so much to have people who understand and who don't tell me that I should "just forgiven him," as it's not that easy. The robbery would be easy to forgive; the fact that he desecrated my mother and Bethy's urn is not.

Every time I think about it, I curse the man with every foul word I can think of. Of course, I don't say it out loud around my parents out of respect for them. I've never been one to swear, but the things that have come out of my mouth lately would cause sailors to blush. And the rage ... the other night I had to keep blinking because everything kept going white. I don't know if that was just from my anger, or the natural occurrence in the eye when you stare at something for a long time, or the fact that I hadn't sleep in over 48 hours. Perhaps it was a combination of all three. I have calmed down a bit now, as the last thing I need is a stroke.

Love to all,
Sandy

gmik

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »

Sandy, my dear Sis!!!  I just today came upon your post!!!  How devastating to go thru that!!

When just my apartment was robbed before I was married I was afraid and mad and felt violated.  But that incident was one of the ways God led me to Himself. But those feelings didn't leave for awhile.

Remember how happy you were that God found you this job?? It can't be a coincidence that you got that shift.  You were NOT supposed to be there. That this creep was there was God's Will;  and That he didn't rape/kill your mom was also Gods Will.

Don't be hard on yourself for the way you feel.  Anyone would feel that.  But God made you and knows you and sees the end from the beginning, so He knows eventually in HIS time you will sort it all out.

Praise God for your mom and dad.  She is plucky for sure!!  The fact that she actually experienced it is probably WHY she can forgive.  Don't feel guilty about not being there or not able to forgive.  Don't ever feel guilty!  If you are mad at God about all this, don't even feel guilty about that!!!  We are who we are and over the years I have read your posts and know your deep love of God, your parents and Bethany!  We all love you here!

You are in our hearts and minds.  Keep in touch!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.