bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you have a minute.  (Read 5826 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
If you have a minute.
« on: July 02, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »

I am in need of income.  I haven't worked for a while and have been living off savings, and that well is running dry.  If you could pray that God will lead me to honorable work, I would appreciate it and give Him the Glory. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Firefly

Re: If you have a minute.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

I would be happy to pray for you Dave. My husband is a painter and we have had the same problems of no work this last winter and spring. I pray God will give you peace as you go through this trial.

Lori

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »

Hi Dave,

I'm afraid that with raising costs and the cut backs people are forced to make this may be a trend we will see more of  :(
I will pray for your situation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Monis

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »

Hi! Dave

I'd no idea brother. I'm retired and on a small state pension so I presume I will not have to face your dilemma, but you can count on it that I be there in my prayers for you to help pull your wagon. If I can be of any further help, please get in touch and we I will share what bit I have.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Samson

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »

I am in need of income.  I haven't worked for a while and have been living off savings, and that well is running dry.  If you could pray that God will lead me to honorable work, I would appreciate it and give Him the Glory. 

Hello Dave,

Sorry to hear about your not having employment, it can and is very frustrating. I went through a spell of unemployment and homelessness during the time period of 1996-1998. By the Grace of God, you still have savings, I will pray that you are able to find work, before your funds expire, hopefully even sooner. Sometimes a person tries so hard to make things right, it feels that your beating your head against the wall. If your experiencing much suffering and chastisement in this life, it's for your refinement(Heb.12). For me it's the emotional-related issues(EX-Wives,children,relatives,etc.) that present the greatest trial and stress. At least, you have the desire to work, just think of all the people that don't want to or could care less. You have the right attitude Brother, I don't know what your work specialty is, but you might have to lower your standards, in order to secure employment, I know I had to and I know it doesn't feel good to do so, it humbles you. Most, if not all of the jobs that I lost in life were as a result of excessive family stress at home. Fortunately, at this time, by the Grace of God, my immediate family life with the Freckle Girl(Forum Member) is stable, however, one of my EX-Wives is socking it to me, as I write this, not so much financially, but through my youngest Daughter. She is an extremely self-righteous, judgemental and vindictive ######(expletive), well you get the message. I'm thinking of sending a personal message to one of our moderators for advice, Ray is too busy for these sort of things. I don't handle these emotional things too well, I just wish, she would leave me alone.

I'm sorry for venting this to you Dave, my apologies, you have your own problems. Hope you find a job, it will give you some peace and relief. Look at the bright side, the fact that Jesus really is the Savior of the world, not could be or some sort of wishfull thinking, like the Churches portray Salvation, everyone is going to Eventually be saved, it's God's Will and it's his Will that none will perish, it's not a desire or wishfull thinking on God's part, but his Absolute Will, knowing this helps us to even not fear death, as much as we used to. Can you imagine belonging to a Church and being told that after getting beaten up in this 70-80 year life, the prize is now an Eternity in Hell-fire after not working hard enough(Free-Will) towards your Salvation, that can leave a person with real hopelessness. Jesus came to save the Lost(GK-Oleuthron).

Well, my prayers are with you, Samson  :) :) :)

P.S. The Samson who is tired of the Delilah's.  ::) ::) ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:13:41 PM »

I can't say I absolutely know from experience what you are talking about, Samson...but stay faithful till God gets you on the other side of this and you will be an amazing man.

I thought about becoming a Televangelist.  I could seek love offerings in exchange for blessed moistened towlettes (wetnaps) from a really good barbecue sandwich I had a couple of weeks ago.  I already know how to confuse and entertain, so I'm fully qualified, I think.  It would at least keep me in Barbecue.

Anyway...God is good.  If I become a hobo, at least I'll be a hobo with the gospel.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »

Hee hee Dave--that's the spirit! ;D  My hubby was out of work for almost 4 months (residential construction industry), then boom--a cash "side work" project came up last month; then while that 2-3 week job was still in process, an ex-employer from a few years ago asked him to come on board with another company he owns.  So, my Joe had 2 jobs going at the same time for about a week!  We're so very thankful, as we were almost to that point you describe.  I do work and make a decent salary, but he was getting a little depressed with me bringing home the bacon and him frying it up in the pan.  (Remember that commercial?! :D)  Plus, it just plain isn't quite enough bacon to stretch and feed us over the long term!  There's a scripture that fits (and I'm sorry, but I can't quote chapter and verse), but the jist is that God will provide, and that we're not to worry about our physical needs-trust that He will take care of us and provide us with opportunities to help ourselves.  I'm hoping Kathy or Joe or another member will jump in and share the exact scripture(s). ;)  Anyway, I just know that this point very recently became real to me.  Our God is with us on so many levels--I just love learning it!

Keep that positive outlook and sense of humor, and we'll definitely be praying for opportunity to come your way. 

Enjoyed reading your introduction, and have enjoyed your posts so far as well.  Thanks for joining us here!

Love in Christ,
Vangie
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:55:32 PM by Vangie »

Stevernator

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »

Hi Dave,
Ill pray for you. I know its nothing like you're going through but I had nothing to do for summer (Im a college student) and was a bit depressed that I could not find anything. Then boom, a good fulltime job came in for summer and some other things that are keeping me productive. Do not give up hope and please let us know how youre doing.
-Steve

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »

Dave,
It seems to me that God is shaking up this country.  I have never heard of so many people out of work.  
You were wiser than I, to have a savings to cover you. I will pray for you earnestly, as God directs your path and takes care of all your needs. I pray also for everyone, as we learn to store our treasures in Heaven, and not in things that decay. (Joe's Post)

In Faith,
Brenda
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:55:28 PM by OBrenda »

Roy Monis

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »

Hee hee Dave--that's the spirit! ;D  My hubby was out of work for almost 4 months (residential construction industry), then boom--a cash "side work" project came up last month; then while that 2-3 week job was still in process, an ex-employer from a few years ago asked him to come on board with another company he owns.  So, my Joe had 2 jobs going at the same time for about a week!  We're so very thankful, as we were almost to that point you describe.  I do work and make a decent salary, but he was getting a little depressed with me bringing home the bacon and him frying it up in the pan.  (Remember that commercial?! :D)  Plus, it just plain isn't quite enough bacon to stretch and feed us over the long term!  There's a scripture that fits (and I'm sorry, but I can't quote chapter and verse), but the jist is that God will provide, and that we're not to worry about our physical needs-trust that He will take care of us and provide us with opportunities to help ourselves.  I'm hoping Kathy or Joe or another member will jump in and share the exact scripture(s). ;)  Anyway, I just know that this point very recently became real to me.  Our God is with us on so many levels--I just love learning it!

Keep that positive outlook and sense of humor, and we'll definitely be praying for opportunity to come your way. 

Enjoyed reading your introduction, and have enjoyed your posts so far as well.  Thanks for joining us here!

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Hi! Vangie

I believe the Scripture you were wanting to quote is;
25  “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?   26   “Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?   27  “And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?   28  “And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,   29  yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.   30   “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!   31  “Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’   32  “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.   
33  “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  34  “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 
(Matt.6:25-34).

I hope this helps.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »

Dave,
It seems to me that God is shaking up this country.  I have never heard of so many people out of work.  My Husband and I are digging out of Debt from a few jobs he was let go of.  Then we jumped in with the "Evil Plastic" to help keep some family members from Living on the street who suffer some handicaps.  At the twelfth hour my Brother-in-Law finally was blessed with a Job.

You were wiser than I, to have a savings to cover you. I will pray for you earnestly, as God directs your path and takes care of all your needs. I pray also for everyone, as we learn to store our treasures in Heaven, and not in things that decay. (Joe's Post)

In Faith,
Brenda

Oh No Brenda!  Did you see my post about being a tax collector???  It's lovely people like you that I could be hurting. 

The more I read this forum, the more I realize how blessed I have been.  Although it scares me because I think what does God have in store for me???   I've been through the mill but not like some of you.  Or maybe it's in the distant past that I can't recall the pain of it all (you know, like being in labor, when the baby is born, you forget the pain instantly).

Eileen

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 07:50:49 PM »

;D Dave in Tenn that was funny! Your great attitude in the midst of adversity is so wonderful to see! Have you thought about printing up your own lottery tickets? Hehehehe....

I've come to find that I need a lot less than I thought I did and I can be perfectly happy with whatever I have, or don't have. I don't have to TRY to do that anymore...its just true. I sometimes get a little weary, but not too, when my children go without. But in the end, I don't want them becoming addicted to "stuff" either. And when no one comes to rescue them, it is then they may cry out to God, and draw close to Him! I'm sure that you already know this...

I have prayed for you to find honorable work.

God bless you, bro on your adventure into the "unknown"....I know you will find out that He is already there...waiting for you!
Joyce :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.