bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do I do now?  (Read 7520 times)

Heidi

What do I do now?
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »

I hope that someone can give me some answers as to what do I do now?  Do we go and make disciples of men or only give an account of our faith when asked?

I feel like I am about to burst with excitement...wanting to shout the real truth from the rooftops!

All my life I relied on fellow churchgoers for guidance and support and now....there is only me and God and this forum.  It sometimes feels very lonely.  Does that make any sense?

I am so grateful to God and humbled that He has opened my eyes and ears.  It is just...the newness (and that is what it is)...I am a spiritual baby again who has to learn to walk....

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: What do I do now?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »

Heidi,

What did Paul do when in the blink of an eye he was humbled by God and shown His truths? 

Did he immediately go and convert the masses and make disciples?  No he did not.

He went away for around 15 years preparing for his ministry, to make him worthy and knowledgeable enough to make disciples. 

Are you more prepared than Paul?  I'm not.

I know when God opens His truths to our mind it is the most joyous moment I've experienced in my spiritual life, but it is also a lonely journey from here.  Don't rush God, fellowship with us, pray for further learning and guidance and make yourself approved for God to lead someone for you to witness to.

Blessings!

Craig

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »

Heidi,
I so agree with the good information that Craig gave to you. I do personally feel the evangelistic and missionary efforts of the Babylonian Church System have caused so much more pain and feel these efforts have damaged the cause of CHRIST more than any other single factor. I have found very few opportunities to witness my faith since coming out of the Babylonian System but feel that GOD accomplished much more in the few opportunities than in the many efforts within the system.
Read very prayerfully John 6, especially verse 44. "No man can come to ME, except the FATHER which has sent me draw him:and I will raise him up at the last day." (KJV) GOD does the calling, the HOLY SPIRIT will guide you into all truth.  It is the SPIRIT than convicts, not the words of fleshly men. I have a close friend who does a good job in jail ministry. He is always taking credit for leading someone to CHRIST and I am always telling him if this is the case I question that persons salvation.
My greatest comfort is to realize that all is of GOD. We can do nothing without HIM.
Phil3:10

Roy Monis

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »

Hi! Heidi

Craig has said it all, there is nothing that needs to be added to that. None of us are presently ready for that enormous task of taking the "True Gospel Of Jesus Christ" to the world yet. We have a lot of learning ahead of us and in God's time and in accord to His will we will carry the "Real Good News." But He may suddenly present us with the opportunity to witness and then we must be prepared to give account of why we believe what we do.
None of us are fully prepared for that yet, so for now join in the fun get learning all that Ray has been devoting his life to for our benefit, pray and thank God for what you have, humble yourself and keep asking for more. He'll supply what He thinks you can handle and no more or less, leave it to Him He knows best.

Don't be too eager be thankful that He has called you, that's a one hell of a big step (pardon the pun), the rest will follow for all of us.

Don't be like this lot clapping and enjoying the fact that Benny Hinn has just told them a pack of lies and fleeced them in the bargain.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:24:19 PM by Craig »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »

I know when God opens His truths to our mind it is the most joyous moment I've experienced in my spiritual life, but it is also a lonely journey from here.  Don't rush God, fellowship with us, pray for further learning and guidance and make yourself approved for God to lead someone for you to witness to.

Blessings!

Craig

Amen!

Yes, this experience will prepare those who have been chosen to reap the harvest with Christ. Patience, longsuffering, empathy, a humble spirit and so much more are the spiritual fruits that will be needed in that wonderful Day of The Lord.

I love these Words from Jesus reminding His disciples where all the knowledge, wisdom and power they will be given eminates from and by taking their eyes off of themselves and toward our Creator and Author of mankind's salvation. 

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luk 10:20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Luk 10:21  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

We all should be comforted in the knowledge that all will be saved in God's time and season, there is no need to be anxious or dismayed when people reject what you present them with, it is not yet their time to understand, if we are frustrated and angered by this we are not angry with man but with God. Instead let's contemplate what Light we have been given, give praise and thanks to Him and patiently wait for the Lord to lead where He will.

Luk 10:23  And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:

Luk 10:24  For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear and have not heard them.

An awesome thing to contemplate isn't it?

His Peace to you,

Joe

dogcombat

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

Absolutley Heidi,

This is just the start of your walk in Christ.  Believe me, you have a ways to go.  But your in "good hands".  Before God helps you up, He MUST humble you down.  Before providing what you need, He MUST purge you of what you want (that's not according to His will) or rather, the idols of the heart we tend to hold on to.  The old saying goes "He may not come when you want Him, but He's always on time".  HIS appointed time that is.

God be with you
Ches

Roy Monis

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »

Hi! Ches

Well said, buddy! Humility must come first and from the depths of one's being, only then can we start.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:24:04 PM by Craig »

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:14:46 AM »

My sincerest thanks to all off you replying to my post....I realise sitting here that it will be a journey...one that I will have to stop trying to fast forward.
There is so much that I still need to learn....I believe the big word for me is...patience.....let go and let God! :D

Love in Christ
Heidi

gmik

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »

Hi Heidi.

You have been given some awesome spiritual advice.  I will only add that it was exactly the same for me---wanting to shout it to the world, but really no one to tell- the few I tried to didn't want to hear it.

Now I never worry about it.  I insert my little comments to my friends when I can and try to live so they can see the gospel in me, but that is about it.

I read Ray's material, the Bible, and this forum.  I do remember going thru a "loss" of the social aspect of church, but that is long gone too.  I am happier being this way than I was w/ everything Babylon had to offer.

PS  Roy that was hilarious that pic of people clapping over Benny Hinn!  I am gonna chuckle over that one for awhile!! :D

winner08

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 02:25:13 AM »

Yes Heidi, I too wanted to tell anybody who would give me half the chance, but I would mostly end up confussing the other person. There's a special few who should be teaching. I know you wasn't speaking of teaching but you have to be carefull when talking about God's word. It can be hard for people who the Lord hasn't open their eyes and ears to the understanding of His word. It is hard for the people who are new to the truth to try to convey the turth without confussion. I am not saying you are one of these people. I am saying I am one of those people who trys to tell people about the truth but usually end up getting excited and confussion the other persons.

Thanks   Darren

Firefly

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

When I first found out the truth I told people that I had to tell, (friends and co-workers) that asked me questions and what I believed came out that way. I really didn't want to share it with them because I knew they would not be open to it, and I was right. Not one Christian that I have shared this with has ever embraced it as truth. The only people that embrace it is worldly people but they just like the no hell part, they don't get the Jesus as the only way part, repentence, etc. One of my problems is when I try to talk I get nervous and fumble and I can't remember where certain scriptures are. This email from Ray I thought was good advice from I Peter 3:15.

Lori

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7397.0.html

I just got done with your beast within article.  and at the end it asked me if i was getting the picture yet.  well i am emailing you to tell you yes.  i am getting the picture.  I've been getting the picture for a while now.  it started a while back for me when i formulated the idea that Gods plan was involving all of mankind.  those verses that said things like every knee shall bow, and Christ is the savior of all men, especially those who believe.  i also was starting to understand that God was responsible for everything that happened.  i remember reading that god is the potter and we are the clay,  he molds people into vessels of wrath, and vessels of mercy.

i was beginning to become very excited about my new revelation of these scriptures and i tried to share them with other people, but they told me i needed to read my bible and pray more.  they told me that i was wrong.  and they told me to stop spreading my ideas.

i am very glad that i have found your web site.  ive been reading for a couple weeks now and everything that you say is completely logical and scripturally sound.  i would like to thank you for all of the research and studying that you have done.  everything is becoming extremely clear to me.  your web site has been an amazing resource.

i feel like I've finally found something that is very profound and true.  i feel like I've been set free by the truth.  im very happy that God has chosen to reveal these things to me.

ryan

Dear Ryan:  I'm afraid we have all learned the hard way that most people have no interest in the Truths of God WHATSOEVER.  They love religion, but not the Truths of God. There has to have been a good reason for Peter to admonish:

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man THAT ASKS Y-O-U  a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

There's the key: only give an answer to those who ask YOU, or are definitely interested.

God be with you,

Ray

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »

I hope that someone can give me some answers as to what do I do now?  Do we go and make disciples of men or only give an account of our faith when asked?

I feel like I am about to burst with excitement...wanting to shout the real truth from the rooftops!

All my life I relied on fellow churchgoers for guidance and support and now....there is only me and God and this forum.  It sometimes feels very lonely.  Does that make any sense?

I am so grateful to God and humbled that He has opened my eyes and ears.  It is just...the newness (and that is what it is)...I am a spiritual baby again who has to learn to walk....

Hey Heidi
When I felt this way I wanted to share with my family and friends and did so, boy I was in for a surprise!!
My friends seem to turn away from religious conversation now and some I haven't talk to in since I shared about 2 years ago.
My family believes I have no common sense and that I'm going to hell if I don't go back to church. Its very hurtful to hear these things coming from people you love. I have had numerous opportunities to share the truth but from the people I know I know they won't receive. My ex is the only one who seems to ask questions every now and then but thats a different story!

I'm happy for you Heidi!
Have much patience though and the opportunities will come when they're ready to hear.
In the mean time take all the truths to heart and they'll just flow right out of you when you speak!
Luk 6:45  A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

dch1

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »

Hi Heidi
I will definitely pray for you. I was a worship leader in my church when the light switch was turned on. Its hard but what everyone said is so true. I have been in crowded rooms and been so alone. The thoughts of what you were and the time you spent in that system are the worst. I love music and I miss playing with others so much. Just remember that you cant put your hands to the plow and then stop and turn around and look and long for that blissfull ignorance again. I have also found that as you study more and apply the word to your life God will give you opportunity's to share. But no one, at least that I know of, has been successful at turning on the switch of somebody mind when theirs has just been turned on. We must learn to walk in the light and then we can see to help correct others. Be carefull. Get the beam out of your eye before you try to get the splinter out of somebody else's. Patience,faith and endurance is the key.
With all love, your brother in the lord

Linny

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 07:32:35 PM »

Hi Heidi!
I know exactly how you feel. I am blessed to have a husband who believes as I do and I also have 2 friends who God showed me that I could talk to about this and they both find it interesting and didn't reject me.

My biggest dilemma is that my brother-in-law is a preacher! He and my sister are hugely involved in their church and I thank God that they live 12 hours away. When my father died in April, I cannot tell you the crap I had to listen to about him looking down on us, etc. I kept my mouth tightly closed. I have zero peace in my heart about sharing this with them. I always listen to my heart before I speak. They don't even know that we left our church. And God had pulled our family out of churches our friends attended and then we moved out of town so no one knows and we've been out of our church for months. Kind of funny actually.

We have recently shared what we believe with our neighbors who are not regular churchgoers and who we know aren't because they have difficulty believing God would send us to hell.  We think God sent them to us.

So, I guess what I am saying is what others are saying and learn all you can and be prepared to explain what you believe when God does send you someone to witness to.

I try to read a lot of stuff from church indoctrinated sites and write down scriptures they use so I can look them up and not be thrown off-guard if someone throws them at me someday. I have even written a paper entitled,"What We Believe" that I will add to as we go but gives me something to hand someone if they want to read more. It is filled with Scripture backing up what we believe. Plus it just helped me so much to do that.

We've been calling ourselves "wierdos" for years anyway as God has been pulling us out of the world in other areas. We don't go to doctors, we homeschool, we eat organic as much as we can, etc. So this was just another HUGE change that made us even more unusual. I have been having to close my mouth for years so as not to offend so this is just another thing to prayerfully decide when to speak up about!

Many blessings,
Linny

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.