bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Real Jesus  (Read 5319 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
The Real Jesus
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »

Not that I mean to glorify my own writing style or anything... I just mean that I have a different perspective.

Whoa, back up a bit here. What is this: "But then again, as I said in previous email, when that is your mind set to find fault with someone, you fine those little things and then blow them totally out of proportion." Most people don't like it when you make such accusations against them. Can you tell me what it is that you think I blew out of proportion? I wasn't blowing anything out of proportion. I suppose that's something that is not easy to perceive through such a medium as email. In any case, now that you have explained to me that you weren't trying to defend yourself, I feel a bit better about it. I know that when I read your stuff, I don't see a person genuinely concerned towards his audience. I see a person saying "you idiots! pay attention! here's what's going on...". Right attitude needs to be cultivated. Since you presume a position of authority, it would serve you all the better to be a shepherd.

I'm not a person going around randomly and arbitrarily criticizi ng people. I was genuinely concerned by the way you were talking to your audience. If  you want to convince somebody of something, it would serve you to attempt to think about what it would be like to be on the receiving end. Lord knows that I have struggled with this myself, so don't feel like I'm singling you out or something. Everybody struggles with this.

Maybe it would help you know me better, and where I'm coming from if you read the things I wrote. I have a blog at christianthinking.wordpress.com. I find myself doing these exhortative type things as well, but I do it a bit differently.

Dear Katy and Andrew:  So you see in my writings a person saying: "you idiots! pay attention!  here's what's going on...."  Oh really?  Maybe you only wish that you see that, seeing that you disapprove of both what I write and how I write. You state that my "authority" is only a "presumption" of authority:  American Heritage College Dictionary, presume/presumption, To take for granted as true in the ABSENCE  OF PROOF to the contrary...to go BEYOND PROPER LIMITS...behavior or attitude that is ARROGANT or OFFENSIVE; SELF CONFIDENT;  EFFRONTERY...." etc., etc. So here, Andrew, is where you "blow out of proportion" my character and attitude. You are over-the-top! If you truly belive all of these demeaning things about me without any proof, then you are guilty of slander!

Perhaps you are too spiritually blind to see just where my "authority" is coming from? I give more "proof" for the things I write than anyone of know of on the entire Internet. You may have to eat your words one day. I am most certain that had you been a Pharisee in the days of Jesus you surely would have suggested to Jesus that,  "Right attitude needs to be cultivated":

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS

There are many examples of Jesus upbraiding the Church leaders for their gross sins [selections from Matthew 23]:

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE.

Sincerely,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.