bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay adoption  (Read 6669 times)

musicman

Gay adoption
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:21 PM »

The other day I was approached by some churchy who sought my signature for some topic.  Being weary and full of beer I was hesitant to listen to some holier than thou, pompous blow hard tell me how I can help save sinners from hell by signing some stupid petition.  But as it turns out, it was to stop the practice of something that sickens me to the point of dread.  I almost hurled my three pitchers of cheap beer from the pub just thinking about it.  The petition was to stop gay adoption.  With trembling hands I snatched the paper and scribbled my illegible signature.

Folks, the idea of adopting gay children frightens me.  Now with my great morals I'm sure that I would make a great father.  So why not adopt?  But what if. . . .what if the child turned out to be gay.  I. . . . don't think that I could handle that.

What If?!!!

"Hey junior, it's time for baseball practice.  What!!!!!!  Take off that pink ballet outfit." 

Or

"Hey Poncho, time to watch wrestle mania smack down.  I said, turn off that darn classical music!!!  What's that, a trombone?  Still not good enough.  Put it down before I have Pastor Gayhater over here to spray you with more acidic holy water!!!"

I am totally against adopting gay children!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:27:30 PM by musicman »

Roy Monis

Re: Gay adoption
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »

The other day I was approached by some churchy who sought my signature for some topic.  Being weary and full of beer I was hesitant to listen to some holier than thou, pompous blow hard tell me how I can help save sinners from hell by signing some stupid petition.  But as it turns out, it was to stop the practice of something that sickens me to the point of dread.  I almost hurled my three pitchers of cheap beer from the pub just thinking about it.  The petition was to stop gay adoption.  With trembling hands I snatched the paper and scribbled my illegible signature.

Folks, the idea of adopting gay children frightens me.  Now with my great morals I'm sure that I would make a great father.  So why not adopt?  But what if. . . .what if the child turned out to be gay.  I. . . . don't think that I could handle that.

What If?!!!

"Hey junior, it's time for baseball practice.  What!!!!!!  Take off that pink ballet outfit." 

Or

"Hey Poncho, time to watch wrestle mania smack down.  I said, turn off that darn classical music!!!  What's that, a trombone?  Still not good enough.  Put it down before I have Pastor Gayhater over here to spray you with more acidic holy water!!!"

I am totally against adopting gay children!!!

Hi! musicman

No comment, my brother! Not only the thought of gay adoption but the whole miserable, disgusting community of gay people, makes me squirm and want to empty my bowels all over them. Sorry but I don't have an ounce of compassion for such filth.
Enough said. 

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

jerreye

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »

hmmm...I've never heard of a "gay child" before.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »

hmmm...I've never heard of a "gay child" before.

I think musicman meant gay couples adopting children. Right, MM?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:51 PM »

;D

Hi Folks,

What I believe we have here is more satire from the fertile mind of trombone Dan, better known to us as musicman. He cleverly took the ambiguous term "gay adoption" and twisted around it's conventional usage to mean the child being adopted is gay rather than the parents who are adopting the child are gay.

He is a resourceful guy.

By the way musicman how is your legato? I hear it can be serious.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Vangie

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »

MM-pretty funny stuff!

carol v

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 02:03:39 AM »

You got me musicman. The acidic holy water was a nice touch ;)

But Roy, I hope you're not serious in your comments. I have known many gay people over the years and I would never call them filth. Just sinners like the rest of us. God gives us each our own weaknesses, our own genetic makeup, our causes that turn into effects. The 2 gay men I have known the best in my life I grew up with. They were gay as boys. They were gay in 1st grade when we all played Barbie and Ken together. (I'm NOT saying they were sexually active in 1st grade.) You want to empty your bowels on them?

Carol

Roy Monis

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »

Hi! Carol

God forgive me for being judgmental, perhaps I can't see the splinter for the log in my eye, but the whole gay and lesbian business is disgusting. The word gay when I was a young boy was such a beautiful word over 87 rears it has become unrecognizable.

It's so grand to know that Christ never changes, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

But of course I'm living in the past, forgive me.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

steve

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »

Hi Roy,

I want to thank you for your response to Carol today. I emailed her this morning to say thank you for what you said, but not to expect anything from it. It is I who ask you for forgiveness now. I judged you.

I can't see eye to eye with Ray yet on the homosexuality issue. He doesn't think we are born that way. I just continue to pray for understanding. Maybe one day I will be able to see more clearly. I do believe that homosexuality is a sin. That said, I cannot be obedient to God, and be homosexual. This is why I tried to walk away from God 30 years ago. I have never experienced what a man and a woman are supposed to experience. My earliest memories bear witness that I was homosexual before I knew  anything about what anyone would want from another. When God began to drag me back to him, I prayed that he would take this cup from me. Now I can pray "Thy will be done". I don't call myself gay anymore, but I struggle daily with this sin. I can leave it to God to change me in his time.

God may draw other people who have sinned to him by way of this forum. I hope that I can encourage them in their walk with Jesus Christ, and that they won't feel dumped on.

Peace,
Steve

musicman

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »

I'm not sure what Ray believes on this subject but I am certain that there is some genetic predisposition to being gay.  I for one, happen to have perfect pitch.  I was not born with it but surely had a genetic predisposition for it.  I don't know what conditions may contribute to one becoming gay but those conditions can not be the only cause.  Besides, most gay people have straight parents.  So chances are, those parents would do anything possible to avoid having their children turn out that way.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

Steve,

Don't ever be too hard on yourself.

You say

I cannot be obedient to God, and be homosexual.

Well can one be obedient to God, and be a gossip?
Can one be obedient to God, and be a liar?
Can one be obedient to God, and be a womanizer?
Can one be obedient to God, and be prideful?
Can one be obedient to God, and be quick to anger?
Can one be obedient to God, and not forgive?
Can one be obedient to God, and not love his fellow man?
Can one be obedient to God, and have sinful thoughts?

No, we can not be obedient, to the perfection that God is working in us, of our own volition.  We are overcommers in this life and we can only overcome when God works his good pleasure in us.  When we start to accept that we are sinners and hate our sin then the race starts.  Most may never overcome all of our sins in this life, but we should be in prayer and be running the race.  Giving up is not finishing the race, we are not running a 100 yard dash we are running a marathon.  We may not be winning at every leg of the race, but if we keep on the track God will be faithful at the end.

Roy attested to the log in his eye.  It has been said to "hate the sin and love the sinner".  We like to think we do this, however we seem to only hate everyone else's sin and either don't see our own or we are satisfied that ours isn't as bad.  That my friends is a recipe for destruction.

Blessings
Craig

carol v

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Hey Craig, I'm here in the marathon with you. I'm afraid most of the 'pack' went by quite awhile ago ;)

Thanks for the post Roy. You kind of remind me of my grandfather who was an absolutely kind and wonderful man but never got over the prejudices he was raised with.

Blessings to all of us sinners.

KristaD

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 09:01:30 PM »

Thank you Steve for being so open and honest with us :). I feel just like Craig about it. You are certainly no worse off than the rest of us though possibly afflicted with a more difficult sin to accept and overcome.

Robin

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »

Beautiful post Craig.

Don't lose hope Steve. God freed me from sin that was a part of my development and a part of who I was from the time I was 4 years old. He just scooped that part out of me when I was close to 40. There are lies that hold us captive until God reveals the hidden things of our innermost being and shows us the truth and brings us to repentance.

Proverbs 20:
  27 The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD,
      Searching all the inner depths of his heart.

Psalm 51:5-7
    5Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
         And in sin my mother conceived me.
    6Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
         And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

7Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
         Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

John 8
 31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Karen

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »

What an interesting and provocative post, which has brought a real openness and honesty, I have found it all quite humbling.

Musicman-- I have read your posts and sometimes not understood your humour, but on this occasion I too thought you were being satirical, is that correct? I hope I on the right track, i enjoy your quirky comments.

Roy, you are so honest and quick to repent, a true example to us all that you are 'free' to speak your mind sometimes perhaps a bit too spontaneously but always doing the right thing in the end. But I really appreciate your way as it reminds me of what Jesus has said to us, 'that we must come to Him as little children'. I think I always try to be way too 'grown up' and yet feel that childlike simplicity is a much better way to enjoy spiritual life.

So I just want to say that I appreciate everyone's honesty and I pray that this forum would put a smile on our Father's face.

Love Karen

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »

Hey Craig, I'm here in the marathon with you. I'm afraid most of the 'pack' went by quite awhile ago ;)

Thanks for the post Roy. You kind of remind me of my grandfather who was an absolutely kind and wonderful man but never got over the prejudices he was raised with.

Blessings to all of us sinners.

Hi! Carol

I thank you for your kind words but I wouldn't call your grandfather's views as prejudices. Just remember this in your grandfather's days as with mine. Carnal or physical life was hard, very hard.

None of the the modern facilities, cars, planes, computers, flush toilets, hot and cold water on tap and wages that left nothing over for a bit of luxury etc.etc.etc.
But from the spiritual aspect of life it was good; Sunday morning Church, Sunday school, strict parental control, respect for the law of God and of the land, children could play in the local parks in total safety, old people could live in their homes without being robbed, murdered or beaten up, doors and windows could be left open without fear of being burgled, neighbourly love and help and last but not least the undaunted belief and love for God by the whole community. In the midst of poverty these were God's Spiritual gifts to carnally prejudiced grandfather.

Now let us come to date of posting this.

All modern facilities; 3 cars per household, round the world in 48 hrs by supersonic planes, computers to send and receive messages faster than one can speak them, flush toilets and soft toilet paper, hot and cold water on tap so you can soak in the bath for hours, wages that on average meet one's basic needs for contentment (with the exception of the Babylonian evangelists that is, who are the only poor) and enough left over for a sun-soaked luxury holiday abroad etc.etc.etc. 
Now let us consider God's Spiritual gifts; empty churches, no Christian teaching, parents and children out of control, no respect for God or the law of the land, children housebound for fear of being molested, doors and windows bared and burglar alarms fitted, property securely fenced off, murder as common as sneezing, foul language from women and 4 or 5 year old children, neighbourly hatred, homosexual and lesbian marriage, homosexual and lesbian ministers of religion topped by a concealed hatred of God under an umbrella of Babylonian deceit.
In the lap of luxury, God's Spiritual gifts for carnally prejudiced grandfather.

The choice is yours Carol!

THUS SAYS THE CARNALLY PREJUDICE MINDED GRANDFATHER TO THE LOT OF THEM!

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

PS. I don't know what I'd have done if sister Joyce hadn't taught me how to get my pictures on. Thanks sister Joyce!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.