bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sowing Spiritual Seed  (Read 3688 times)

kweli

Sowing Spiritual Seed
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »

Hi All

I was just listening to Ray's recent bible study on Sowing Spiritual Seed and a lot of things came to mind. I went back to study the topic and I found quite a bit of information which does show that people do not really care what the bible says. For instance:

2 Corinthians 9:6-11
6 But this I say: He who soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly, and he who soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 As every man purposeth in his heart, so let him give, not grudgingly or out of compulsion; for God loveth the cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you [IISNT says "And God is able to pour out on you every possible grace], that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound in every good work [IISNT says "...an abundance for every good work"].

9 As it is written: "He hath dispersed abroad, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness remaineth for ever."
10 Now may He that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
11 ye being enriched in everything to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God [IISNT says "You will be enriched in every possible respect for all kinds of generosity, and your liberality, as it is worked out through us, will cause thanksgiving to God"].

Colossians 3:23-24
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not unto men,
24 knowing that from the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance, for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Matthew 5: 1-11
1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up onto a mountain; and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him.
2 And He opened His mouth and taught them, saying,
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
11 Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for My sake.

I am yet to find blessings/rewards/multiplication of seeds that are physical. No matter how you look at it. I'm sure if God wanted to say mansions and fancy cars he would have said mansions and fancy cars, He does not  mince words when it comes to His Promises.

As for the ministers, well, here's one who was ordained by Jesus Himself...

Acts 26:16-18
16 But rise and stand upon thy feet, for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose: to make thee a minister and a witness, both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in which I will appear unto thee,
17 delivering thee from the people and from the Gentiles unto whom now I send thee,
18 to open their eyes and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith that is in Me.'

And this is how he went about his ministry...

Jude 1:3
3 Beloved, while I was giving all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

1 Corinthians 4:11-13
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger and thirst, and are naked and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place,
12 and we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it;
13 being defamed, we entreat. We are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

1 Thessalonians 2:5-13
5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness (God is our witness),
6 nor sought we glory from men, neither from you nor yet from others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children.
8 So being affectionately desirous for you, we were willing to have imparted unto you not the Gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
9 For ye remember, brethren, our labor and travail; for laboring night and day, because we would not be a burden unto any of you, we preached unto you the Gospel of God.
10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you that believe.
11 Ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12 that ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto His Kingdom and glory.
13 For this cause also we thank God without ceasing: because when ye received the Word of God, which ye heard from us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which also worketh effectually in you that believe.

2 Corinthians 12:14
14 Behold, for the third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not be burdensome to you, for I seek not yours, but you. For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.

Titus 1:5-9
5 For this cause I left thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
6 if any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot or unruly.
7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God, not selfwilled, not quick to anger, not given to wine, not violent, not given to filthy lucre;
8 but a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate,
9 holding fast the faithful Word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

It's really a shame to see so much information that tell you a different story from what you thought was truth, but still deny it. But as we all know, HE chose to keep them in the dark.

2 John 1:9
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ hath both the Father and the Son.

All Glory to Him
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:33:08 AM by kweli »

mharrell08

Re: Sowing Spiritual Seed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »

Hello Kweli,

These are some excellent points made. I came from a Babylonian church that believed with all their deceitful hearts about sowing seed. I even had one member who spoke with me after I left that the following verse was a "spiritual law": 'While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.' [Gen. 8:22]

He stated that this "spiritual law" worked for anyone who gave money whether they believed in God or not. He used the example of Oprah as if her material possessions are of some great spiritual value. As Ray likes to say: "What a Crock!"

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.