bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do you have more respect for, Christians (Churchianty) or non-believers?  (Read 12935 times)

Paul

Just wondering.

Beloved

(1Jn 4:10)  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(1Jn 4:11)  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

(Rom 3:10)  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(Rom 3:11)  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(Rom 3:12)  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

(Rom 14:4)  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

The scriptures shows me that my opinion of another is not relevant.

beloved

musicman

Nonbelievers!!!  Except when they get dogmatic about evolution.

Roy Monis

Hi!

I love everyone with a genuine Godly love but not necessarily their beliefs and lifestyles.

WHO IS IT THAT HASN'T TURNED UP FOR DINNER?

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

hillsbororiver

Hi Paul,

For me it has gotten to the point where I really do see all of us, every person as a work in progress. We are all, believers and unbelievers an earthly lump of clay being formed by the Potter, in different stages to be sure but no one should consider themselves better than anyone else. We also need to temper our admiration for any human being as all good things eminate from God, He does the choosing and is the one directing our steps.

Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Knowing this how do we "respect" any person? All respect and reverence go to God.

James 2

1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

2For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;

3And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

4Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

5Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

6But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

7Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I am sure James is not speaking only of good clothes, money and jewelry but also the things that we find attractive in others, personality wise or belief wise, common backgrounds, ancesters origins or any other earthly thing, seems almost impossible doesn't it?

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Peace,

Joe

KristaD

My carnal, human, honest answer is non-believers. That's not to say ALL non-believers, but the ones who realize that the church teaching is absurd and that a god who tortures his own creation is not worthy of worship. I know that it's not fair to judge any of them as they are all blind until God opens their eyes, but I honestly don't respect those who worhip God with their mouths out of fear but hate Him in their hearts.

Paul

Beautifully said, krista.

kweli

My carnal, human, honest answer is non-believers.

That is funny.

We all know Beloved nailed it...okay let me put it this way...we all know what the Scriptures say about this...

Samson

Just wondering.

Hello Paul,

Joe Hillsbororiver provided a good Scriptural explanation, but insofar from the perspective of how I feel, my carnal mind, I primarily agree with Krista, most of Christendom and it's various Denominational forms greatly misrepresents God and despises his word when confronted with clear Scriptural Truth, of course this is all part of his plan that they believe the lie. It seems in my experience that non-believers (Atheists,Agnostics,etc.) are more open-minded to conversation where sound reason is provided(No Free Will, No forever punishment, No Trinity, examples like these). Less resorting to insult, character defamation and other emotionally motivated attachs from Non-beleivers in my experience and opinion.

Samson.

Falconn003

Who do you have more respect for, Christians (Churchianty) or non-believers?

N E I T H E R ,

I am biased towards anything anti-christ to the Word of God period. hey it's me ... ;D 8)

Rodger
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:55:41 AM by Falconn003 »

Roy Monis

Who do you have more respect for, Christians (Churchianty) or non-believers?

N E I T H E R ,

I am biased towards anything anti-christ to the Word of God period. hey it's me ... ;D 8)

Rodger

Hi! Rodger

I go along with that. I love everyone with a genuine love but l despise the stance of the unbelievers and Christians alike. The True Gospel of Jesus Christ and that is all nothing short will do.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Kent

Just wondering.

I can at least have a honest and intelligent conversation with an atheist, or wiccan, or satanist than I can with anyone stuck in churchianity. I have done it many times.

It's not that I respect them because of their beliefs, because I do not hold their beliefs and they are as foolish to me as mine are to them, but they can articulate their beliefs honestly and that is what I respect, and they reciprocate that respect. It is never personal. There is no name calling if that person has any degree of maturity.

I have a higher hope for them to reach the truth before they die than I have for those that go to church every Sunday.

Paul

Great answer!

hillsbororiver

(1Jn 4:10)  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(1Jn 4:11)  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

(Rom 3:10)  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(Rom 3:11)  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(Rom 3:12)  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

(Rom 14:4)  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

The scriptures shows me that my opinion of another is not relevant.

beloved

Beautiful answer Beloved.

I must say that I find this to be a sad and disappointing thread, who among us can claim anyone or anything other than God opened our own eyes? Did we do it ourselves? Was it our own superior intellect and/or spirituality that dragged us to many of God's merciful truths?

There is one thing I know and that is I can be as stubborn, stiffnecked and self righteous as anyone in or out of organized religion and it humbles me that for whatever reason the Lord chose to shine a portion of His Light on me, does that give me license to look at others with disdain or judge them in their (present) beliefs?

God has seen fit to open some eyes and ears as He allows the majority to continue in darkness, this should give us pause to consider how fortunate we are rather than look with jaundiced eyes at those whom the Lord has yet to heal. False doctrine should always be rejected but humanity should never be looked at callously or without His mercy. Christ paid a price for all men let's not appear to cheapen that by elevating one error over another. Wouldn't it be better to pray for those who are still blind? Isn't mercy and love what our God is all about?

Also please consider any guests or new members who may have been intrigued by the articles on Bible Truths, they may just be beginning to have the scales fall off of their eyes, do any of us really desire to be the reason they perceive UR and/or BT as just another "us against them" denomination, suffering from a (false) sense of superiority?

As you can see I used no scripture here as it seemed not many really wanted to consider His Word in this matter of "respect."

Joe

Kent

How many are honestly seeking truth? How many have searched for years, knowing that the truth was out there, and have diligently searched out that pearl buried in the field? These are the people I respect. They may believe differently than I do, and I have NO problem with that.

Those stuck in babylon are not so honest. They are not searching out the truth, because they already believe they have a lock on truth.

You have seen the letters posted. How many of those critics are honest? How many totally ignore reams of scripture to justify their traditions! Is that respectable? Not in my opinion.

Here is some scripture
Romans 2
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Is that respectable???
Perhaps Paul should have said "Do what you want. Who cares about uplifting Gods' name".
Do these people uplift Gods' name? Or do they worship some kind of insane terrorist?
Small wonder that there is so much hostility to God and Christ! Look at who are supposed to represent Him!
If I thought that was what christianity was all about, I wouldn't want anything to do with it either, and I would not like His followers either.

How's that for "respect".

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:28:34 PM by Kent »

hillsbororiver

Hi Kent,

Do you know who Paul is actually addressing? Those with eyes to see and ears to hear, otherwise his words are wasted on everyone rather than most. What does the following parable say to you?

Mat 18:32  Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

Mat 18:33  Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee?

Mat 18:34  And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Mat 18:35  So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Who is responsible for their present condition?

Exo 4:11  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Peace,

Joe

winner08

What do you call people who beleive there's a god and dosen't beleive what the Bible say? My mom is one of these people whao beleive there is a god but also beleives that you can interped the scriptures in anyway to make them fit your beleive system. Every time I try to tell her something scriptual she says well that the problem with the bible everybody makes it say whatever they beleive it to say. Thats my que to shut up and changed the subject. I can't win when it comes to my mom period... Then there's the straight up non-beleivers. I really haven't met any. So I can't comment on them.

Thanks  Darren

Kat

Hi Darren,

I know what you mean about someone that just doesn't believe what you tell them the Bible says.  I try to remember that they are deceived and someone that is deceived does not realize they are deceived.  A person that is blind to the Truth will say all kinds of foolish things, because they don't know better.  It's like someone that has never driven a car trying to explain to someone how they should do it. 
It is a big help for me to recognize that they just can't understand unless God opens their eyes.  I may not be able to explain someone the Truth, but to be a good example is also a witness to them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Monis

What do you call people who beleive there's a god and dosen't beleive what the Bible say? My mom is one of these people whao beleive there is a god but also beleives that you can interped the scriptures in anyway to make them fit your beleive system. Every time I try to tell her something scriptual she says well that the problem with the bible everybody makes it say whatever they beleive it to say. Thats my que to shut up and changed the subject. I can't win when it comes to my mom period... Then there's the straight up non-beleivers. I really haven't met any. So I can't comment on them.

Thanks  Darren

Hi! Darren

I can sympathize with your mum, because like me, she was brought up and taught by the traditionalists and as a consequence has become one, resulting in her being well and truly deceived. Unhappily, my brother, you are stuck with that. She'd rather believe the pulpit liars than the Bible in her hand.

Now that's not so bad because she is quite innocently and obediently following the teachings of the liar in the pulpit. I was just like her till I had my eyes and ears opened quite accidentally by none other than that deceiver in the pulpit. When asked why the Church wasn't following the guidelines specified in the Bible and confronted with, “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." (Matt.6:5-7), he nearly hit me with his Bible after shouting, "Are you trying to teach me? I know what it says in there (that's the Bible) but this is what I have been taught and this is what I believe and teach. I think it was the mention of the parrot fashion meaningless words that upset him, you want to hear some of them praying, it's an education.

As Ray would say; UNBELIEVABLE!.....UNBELIEVABLE!....UNBELIEVABLE! And just for emphasis UNBELIEVABLE!

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Kent

Hi Kent,

Do you know who Paul is actually addressing? Those with eyes to see and ears to hear, otherwise his words are wasted on everyone rather than most. What does the following parable say to you?

Sorry, but I don't see that. He is addressing Jews (verse 17). They think they know, they think they are teachers, they think they are guides. Did they have eyes to see and ears to hear?
How is that different than "christians", both the preachers and those they preach to? IMO it is the exact same thing. They think, but do they know? Can they admit that they don't know? Not hardly...

If I seem harsh, I have no right to be. That is just the way I write.
I was like that too. I tried to get people to believe these very same lies. "Accept Jesus or go to hell. Accept Jesus and have peace. It was their choice." blah blah blah.

But deep down I knew that none of it made any sense. It took peoples resistance for me to start looking at things again. I was not entitled to any respect because I was a liar. An unintentional liar, but a liar nonetheless.

It takes honesty to say that all a person believed makes no sense. If they do this, they may or may not get an answer, that is up to God, but they are looking. If I never got an answer, then I would have kept my big mouth shut when it came to certain churchianity teachings.

That is what I respect; an honest search for the truth. I refuse to respect those that will not do this.

Mat 18:32  Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

Mat 18:33  Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee?

Mat 18:34  And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Mat 18:35  So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Who is responsible for their present condition?

Are those that don't believe His servants? I think scripture is plain that they are, whether they want to be or not. Pharoah in Exodus for example.
Is it compassionate to lie intentionally or otherwise? Is it compassionate to tell people to repent or be tortured forever? Is there such a thing as a compassionate unintentional lie?

I am compassionate with His servants. Too bad that the "church" isn't.

What are the new Christians going to do with they read that NO ONE comes to the Father but by Me?
Think of all those poor loved ones being tortured. Wow, God really is a God of love, unless they are not chosen, and until the heart stops beating.

Exo 4:11  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

And are we accountable on how we use it? Scripture is plain that we are, since we will give an account of every word we utter.

Peace,

Joe

Peace  :)
We just see a few things differently.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:06:02 PM by Kent »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.