bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do you have more respect for, Christians (Churchianty) or non-believers?  (Read 12907 times)

hillsbororiver

Hi Kent,

I understand some folks have been mislead, lied to and even worse within the church system, my experience might be a bit different than most here as I spent very little time in churches and it was over 30 years ago. So it is understandable that fresh wounds take some time to heal.

We have all come from diverse backgrounds with unique experiences and some things that bother me might roll off your back like water off a duck, the key is to not hold on to grudges or let things we cannot control take hold on our spirit, letting go and giving our burdens to Christ to sort out may be easier said than done but it really is in our own best interest.

I am fine just agreeing to disagree here.

His Peace to you,

Joe 

OBrenda

If I seem harsh, I have no right to be. That is just the way I write. I was like that too. I tried to get people to believe these very same lies. "Accept Jesus or go to hell. Accept Jesus and have peace. It was their choice." blah blah blah.

But deep down I knew that none of it made any sense. It took peoples resistance for me to start looking at things again. I was not entitled to any respect because I was a liar. An unintentional liar, but a liar nonetheless.

Hi Kent,

Is it possible that you appreciate the people who "resisted" your sharing of "Jesus or Hell" ?
Is harshness your way of helping those still in darkness to see the truth ?

None of has received anything from God because we were entitled/earned/deserved it!

IMO You can Respect every Person as a creation of God, with out respecting their opinions!  People are not their ideas/opinions/beliefs simply because they constantly change throughout ones Life.  Beliefs/Opinions come from the carnal mind...Which is an imposter to our true Identity and connectivity to God.

They don't know who they are?  But we do, they are future Son's & Daughters of God!  And in that acknowledgement they have my Respect.  Their opinions have no real power.  We've read the book, we know how it ends!

Most of us will meet some day at the Lake....

Respectfully Yours,

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:07:22 PM by OBrenda »

Kent

Is it possible that you appreciate the people who "resisted" your sharing of "Jesus or Hell" ?
Is harshness your way of helping those still in darkness to see the truth ?

I appreciated them. More than words can say. It was that little push I needed to start checking things out for myself.

I dont see myself as harsh, just blunt, in a John Wayne kind of way. ;)

I don't help anyone to see truth, who am I to do this. I just let those nonbelievers know that there is another side to the story, and not all Christians believe what churchianity teaches, and that is all. What they do with that information isn't up to me. It is the blasphemous doctrine of eternal torture that they have a big problem with, for the most part. They identify all christians with this doctrine, and I let them know that not all believe that, and I give the reasons why.

Where things get a little hectic is when someone butts in and starts spouting their traditions.
The way they act, you'd swear I just kicked their little puppy into a brick wall. I just ignore them and carry on.

I was not entitled to any respect ...
None of has received anything from God because we were entitled/earned/deserved it!

I was writing about respect from other people, not from God. I know, respect from people doesn't mean much, but it is nice to have, just not worth emphasising.

I never said that all this is not a part of Gods' plan. I just dont see this as some kind of permission to be passive, to just sit back and let things go. If faith without works is dead, then where are the works? Can we fight the good fight of faith (1 Tim 6:12) by doing nothing?

The rest is your opinion, and I respect that.  ;D

winner08

God grant me the serinity to accept the things I can not change, to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Just a thought.

Darren

OBrenda

Good Morning Kent:

I dont see myself as harsh, just blunt, in a John Wayne kind of way. ;)

Hope you realize that harsh wasn't my word?

John Wayne is my Husband Hero, and also emulates his personality, although it doesn't always work for him, it's one of the reason I fell in Love with him.  My Husband is straight forward and unpretentious. 

Sound Familiar? ;)

Some Quotes from the Duke:

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”

A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”

I've had three wives, six children and six grandchildren and I still don't understand women”

Yep Ya Gotta Love a Man Like That... Brenda
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:51:53 AM by OBrenda »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

Brenda, your Duke guotes reminded me of this;
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.  ~Winston Churchill

I used to think this was about eating horse meat, when I was a kid. ::)

OBrenda

Brenda, your Duke guotes reminded me of this;
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.  ~Winston Churchill

I used to think this was about eating horse meat, when I was a kid. ::)

I bet you were a cute kid Patrick! ;D

OBrenda

God grant me the serinity to accept the things I can not change, to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Just a thought.

Darren

We Need to pray that one Every Day Darren!

Kent

They dont make them like The Duke did anymore. Now it is all about body counts and special effects. They are so bad, it is almost funny. The 3 Stooges had better scripts. Not that I am speaking ill against the 3 Stooges. ;D I practically have their shows memorized.

I guess I am getting old. I hear about these Hollywierd "celebs" and I have not a clue who they are, and from what I hear about their conduct, I dont want to know them.

Roy Monis

Hi! All

Confusion! Confusion! Confusion!...... Darren's mom, Brenda's John Wayne, a horse now Patrick: I'm confused! And confusion isn't from God. What are we supposed to be discussing, just one at a time please?

God bless you brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

OBrenda

Confusion! Confusion! Confusion!...... Darren's mom, Brenda's John Wayne, a horse now Patrick: I'm confused! And confusion isn't from God. What are we supposed to be discussing, just one at a time please?

I'm Sorry Roy...I'm a Blonde...

Brenda

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

a horse now Patrick: I'm confused!  What are we supposed to be discussing, just one at a time please?   

I was posting a thought that came to mind. Is that OK?  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.