bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evidence against evolution?  (Read 5729 times)

Paul

Evidence against evolution?
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »

I'd like to focus on some key things that shoot holes in the theory of evolution--just a few select things. Kind of an introduction for someone who believes in it. I'm on the fence. I'll kick it off with this great video. This video's cool because it's people who believe/believed in evolution; not people with religious motivation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FWMg2rdDplg

KristaD

Re: Evidence against evolution?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:19:16 PM »

I have no research or "evidence" so to speak but in assuming that the big bang goes along with evolution (which is the only way I've heard it) I discredit that with the first basic laws of science/physics/biology: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be transferred ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy)
and Life can ONLY come from other life (http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Pasteur_proved_life_only_comes_from_life_(law_of_biogenesis)).
 I have never heard any scientist explain their way around those two laws except to say that it happened that one time lol.
Read down in those links, there's more info about evolution too :).

Paul

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »

I have never heard any scientist explain their way around those two laws except to say that it happened that one time lol.

Actually I think most people who believe in the Big Bang believe that the universes is eternal, just that the Big Bang is what kick started this galaxy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:26:59 PM by Paul »

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »

Actually I think most people who believe in the Big Bang believe that the universes is eternal, just that the Big Bang is what kick started this galaxy.
I don't get what difference that makes  ??? with those laws that makes no sense either. If they believe that the universe is eternal and full of energy that could cause the big bang to create our galaxy then where did the energy come from in the first place? It still had to be transferred from something else. And even if the universe was eternal then where did life come from? It still had to come from another life. If they say that the universe itself is eternal energy and life then they essentially believe that the universe is the creator. See evolution makes sense (as God made things to adapt and therefore evolve) it's the spontaneous life and energy that is impossible. And NO people I am NOT saying that we came from monkeys. I do not believe that one species turns into another after a certain amount of time, but that the species God created have changed (adapted) to the changing environments they live in.

musicman

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »

No, the Big Bang is what kick started the universe.  I've never heard of a scientist who believes in the Big Bang and an eternal universe at the same time.  The Big Bang has real evidence and I believe it backs up the Genesis narrative.

KristaD

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »

Right musicman that's what I've heard.
And yes the big bang makes perfect sense with God directing it :D. Then He is the life and energy transferring to other life and energy. It's funny to me how there evidence backs up God more and more. Do either of you know of the strings theory?? I find that very interesting. It's been a few years since I heard about it (forgive me if I get it wrong lol) but it's basically that physics on a large scale (universe) and on a microscopic scale (atoms) don't agree. But if ALL matter is made up of "strings" (which can not be seen) then it works out. This even goes for dark matter, where they previously believed there to be no matter, now they say that even in black holes there are these "strings". So what they are saying is that the entire universe from planets and stars to atoms, everything is made up of these invisible things that exist everywhere. They are theorizing God without even realizing it. Look it up if you're interested, I'm sure you will find a better explanation that I gave lol.

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

I heard this from Ray's teaching as well, but I don't believe eternal/eternity has anything to do with time. The universe is not eternal because God created it therefore it has a beginning. Anything that has a beginning is not eternal. Jesus is not eternal as He was created though He know has immortality and can never die again.

I remember from Ray's teaching on 'Who is the Father' & 'Who is Jesus' that eternal/eternity is like a circle. No beginning and no end. Like our Father in Heaven.

Krista, your comments make sense about life only being created from other life. That goes hand & hand with the Holy Scriptures.

That's all I got folks...

Marques

Paul

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »

The "everything came from nothing" is a straw man. People do believe there was always stuff in existence, they just don't believe that "stuff" was God. Same concept as Chrstianity, just without the God.

Falconn003

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »

science has yet too explain, what was BIG and why did it go BANG !, it could have gone POOF ! .. maybe even ZIP ! ...perhaps a bit PPPPRRRRFFFFTTTTT !     ;D

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.