bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: called and chosen  (Read 15857 times)

lilitalienboi16

called and chosen
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2006, 09:05:20 PM »

I think you are taking the one scripture that you believe says that In Jesus Christ we are free, to mean that we have free will. Even JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF didn't have free will. Everything He did was of the Father, His own was was the FATHERS WILL. So how can you sit here and say that when we believe in Jesus Christ we have free will, but before that we don't.

I believe in another thread you said that part of the soul that was not believing in Christ dies, but that other part when its born again lives on. Where do you get this kind of stuff? You make some wild assumptions and im sorry if i sound mean or harsh, none of it is inded, only love i am just trying to understand where these assumptions come from.

About the Story of Job, the overall point i was attempting ot make was that, Satan could not do ONE THING to job unless he had GODS PERMISSION and God is/was/willbe well aware of what Satan is doing therefor making it GODS WILL and NOT SATANS. God willed Job be tested allowing the Devil to test Him.

chrissiela

called and chosen
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 09:15:39 PM »

Quote from: Lightseeker
Thanks Ray I'll read that.  Sorry Chuck....my bad.

lilitalienboi16

Thats impossible, because as was pointed out by Hills, the "god" of this world - Satan - was created for the very purpose of what He is doing.

Which I addressed as part of God's acceptable will but not His Good and Perfect pleasure.  It is part of the soverignty of God.

In the story of Job did God tell Satan what he could do???  Or did God just tell him what he couldn't do?  So whose will was active in Job's life?  It looks like God and Satan to me.

All your 'free will scriptures' fall under my original premise.  In it I said that I didn't think anyone had free will untill they were born again, then they were free and free indeed.  And I totally agree with your
God Himself is the reason people do not believe!
scriptures.

But now I'm actually wondering if they only lacked free will to choose Christ.  I may be going backward thanks to you guys imput.   :wink:  Not really...I'm enjoying and considering the imput from all...OK most.  :P

Free from what? The sovereignty and will of God? He was speaking to the Jews.... who were in BONDAGE to the LAW....

Joh 8:31  
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 8:33  They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Joh 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Joh 8:35  And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

Joh 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.[/list:u]

We are freed from the law.... freed from sin and death

Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
hath made me free from the law of sin and death.[/list:u]

because....

1Co 15:56  
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.[/list:u]

Don't ya think??  :wink:

Chrissie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.