bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Members Please Take Note  (Read 4481 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Members Please Take Note
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »

To all members who post, lets tone down the pictures and cartoons and hyperlinks in our posts.  When we post these the members who use dial-up or have a slow internet connection have a hard time  participating on the forum because of the time it takes to load these items.

If we mainly post the funny things, pictures links etc. in Off topic discussions, or Who Am I,  a dial-up user can expect to see them there and not open them, but when we put these links on posts in other areas of the board, dial-up users cannot enjoy the real meat of the word and discussions that take place. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

Craig
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:48:12 PM by Craig »

Craig

Re: Members Please Take Note
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »

Please understand, we are not asking you to stop this entirely, just be mindful of the bandwidth these links, pictures, etc take so all of our users may be able to enjoy the forum.

Craig

eggi

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:13:34 AM »

Good point, I agree with that!
Also, it's cluttering the page when everyone uses them in the same time. :)
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »

I stopped using all outside smilies because Mcafee has found several trojans and viruses in them.

I am also cognizant that we have people with dial up and if you have ever had it .....you will remeber the frustration of waiting to have page load up. They cannot watch videos and listen to audios well either. So type a little description if you can.  Even with DSL the pages can load slower than I want.

Most of all ....I find that many of these things from photobucket distract from serious conversations about the Word of God .  When it is overdone and excessive it also reminds me of the kinds of things they do back in babylon 

Beloved

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »

I am glad this was mentioned, I took my little Kitten down, I just wasn't thinking when I put it up.
I agree that it is distracting also.

joyful1

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »

:D sorry guys...I'm probably one of the biggest offenders here....back when i was on dial-up, I noticed how much it increased time for me to load pages and I even brought it up on the forum, but I didn't get any responses from anyone and thought that maybe it was just my old and very slow computer that was causing the problem....I can certainly live without them(graphics)....my apologies for the trouble I've caused.
Sincerely,
Joyce :)

Craig

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »

Don't anyone think you are being singled out.  We have all been guilty at one time or another.  As I said don't feel you can't post these things, just try and limit it to proper areas of the forum or be more mindful.  In general a large picture takes a longer time to load than an emoticon which hardly takes any.

Craig
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:57:38 AM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.