bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 5279 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Homosexuality
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »

Dear Ronda:  I will make a few COMMENTS...in your email:

Dear Ray,
In your paper on homosexuality being a sin, you compared homosexuality to alcoholics, child molesters, robbers, and liars.

COMMENT:  That's not true. I assuredly did not "compare" homosexuality to alcoholics, child molesters, robbers, and liars. You made that up.  I stated that those things are "sins," but nowhere did I "compare" any of them "to" homosexuality.  Here is my statement regarding "alcoholics." I gave a quotation from one who suggested that only heterosexuals are condemned for committing homosexuality. And in answer to that absurd and statement, I then gave an example that I think makes such a statement utterly foolish:

(For heterosexuals it is found in Romans 1 which clearly condemns same-gender sex by heterosexuals. There is nothing in the Bible to support any finding about homosexuals.)"

"Now I must admit that statement overwhelms me. Since it cannot be denied that Paul is speaking of same gender sex in Rom. 1:26-27, what are they to do? Well, they dogmatically state that Paul is not condemning homosexuality sex between homosexuals, but rather they state that Paul is CONDEMNING HOMOSEXUAL SEX BETWEEN HETEROSEXUALS! Is that not akin to suggesting that it is not wrong for alcoholics to get drunk, but rather it is wrong for NON-ALCOHOLICS to get drunk?"

There is no "comparison" between homosexuals and alcoholics in my example, whatsoever.

Homosexuality should only be compared to heterosexuality.

COMMENT:  NO, it should not.  Homosexuality should not more be compared to heterosexuality, than heterosexuality should be compared to bestiality.  Heterosexuality in marriage is God-ordained and not a sin, whereas both homosexuality and beastuality are sin and utterly condemned by that same God.

Not smoking. Homosexuals as do heterosexuals have the same God given need to love and be loved.

COMMENT:  I have no doubt on that. However, if you mean "need for sinful lust and gratification of the flesh," then we are no longer speaking of "love," are we?

I am such a homosexual, however I have not been involved with anyone in 5 yrs. only by the grace of God.

COMMENT:  If homosexuality is but a "need to be LOVED," why would you have to be delivered from it "by the grace of God?"

My question: If God decides for me to quit this sin and it has nothing to do with me

COMMENT:  Excuse me, but where have I ever said or suggested that quitting sin has "nothing to do with the individual doing the quitting?" It has EVERYTHING to do with the sinner.  That's why God does not "quit sinning IN OUR STEAD." WE, the sinner, must stop sinning. And yes, that does require spiritual strength from God, but it will not happen AGAINST YOUR WILL.  God does not FORCE people to sin, neither does He FORCE them to stop. But He can be highly influential!

and according to your paper there remains no more sacrifice for sins, what am I/we to do?

COMMENT:  You are twisting my teaching, Rhonda.  Let's read that Scripture with a little context:

Heb 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

I am not your judge, Rhonda, but I doubt very much whether you have "counted the blood [of Jesus Christ on the cross] of the covenant, wherewith He was sanctified, AN UNHOLY THING, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace."

Your paper sounds like we are in a catch 22. We can't quit until God wants us to, yet we have no sacrifice. Doesn't make sense to me, please explain.

COMMENT:  That we as sinners find ourselves between a rock and a hard place, I do not deny. However, to say that we are "damned if we do and damned if we don't" is not the Scriptural Truth.  We all have had a deep desire to stop sinning before God ever gave us the spiritual strength to actually stop. So it is always hope.

By the way, I agree that being sexually active with the same gender is a sin. However, I don't believe being homosexual is a sin.

COMMENT:  The "desire" to do wrong things is itself a sin. But I know what you are trying to say (I think), so I will say no more about it.

God be with you,

Ray

Thank you in advance,
    Rhonda
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.