bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheat & Tares?  (Read 5667 times)

OBrenda

Wheat & Tares?
« on: June 15, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »

In the parable of the "Tares" we are told that while everybody was asleep, an enemy came and sowed tares among the "Wheat"...Can you help me with this, it sounds like Satan got one over on God and polluted his creation.  It is interesting that it doesn't say the owner of the field was sleeping, but instead..."everybody" ???

Then...
Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest [resurrection] I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles [different ‘groups’ at different ‘burnings’?]  to burn them [in the Lake of Fire]: but gather the wheat into my barn [My KINGDOM].

So the "Wheat" represent the Elite, and the "Tares" are the rest of humanity?  We are not talking possibly about the separation of our carnal nature from Gods Spirit inside us? ???

I appreciate your patients with me as I absorb all these scriptures!

Beloved

Re: Wheat & Tares?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »

(Mat 13:29)  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
(Mat 13:30)  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn

The seed the grower planted was the word of God the wheat and the tares represent the fruit of different words...good word and false teachings, When 'men' sleep then the false doctrines can come into the world.  The Householder was not asleep but his servants were.

He tells them not to disturb the field (earth)now....removing the many tares will harm the growth of the few.  The grower who knows all is willing to wait until harvest for His fruit crop.

beloved

Samson

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

Hello Brenda,

Just a side note regarding wheat and weeds(Tares) in the area where Jesus lived, the weeds of Jesus illustration at Matthew 13:24-30 are generally considered to be BEARDED DARNEL(Lolium temulentum), which very much resembles wheat until maturity, when it can be readily distinguished from wheat by it's smaller black seeds. This, together with the fact that the roots of these weeds become entwined with the wheat, would make it inadvisable to pull up the wheat, at an early stage. If darnel seeds become mixed with wheat kernels after the harvest, this can have a serious effect upon the eater. Dizziness and even fatal poisoning have been attributed to eating bread containing too much darnel flour.

Genuine Christians and Imitation Christians or Chosen ones and called ones cannot be distinguished by us as individuals until the harvest or maturation of these two groups due to the close resemblance in appearance of them and the reapers are Angels.

Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »

Thank You Samson, Wow,...I never heard about "Bearded Darnel" before.  This adds allot more dimension to the lesson.
If darnel seeds become mixed with wheat kernels after the harvest, this can have a serious effect upon the eater. Dizziness and even fatal poisoning have been attributed to eating bread containing too much darnel flour.

Thank You Beloved...You helped by pointing out the "Good Seeds" were the word/gospel, I was thinking of the seeds in terms of individual "People/Wheat" not where they had their beginnings....."Seeds"!  And the Wheat or Tares is the Fruit of the Spirit, or the lack thereof..... ;D

FYI...I'm recovering from a head injury I received in an auto accident, I do have prob's with concentrating on details still.  Approaching "50" isn't helping either. ;) ;D ;)

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »

Hello Brenda,

Just a side note regarding wheat and weeds(Tares) in the area where Jesus lived, the weeds of Jesus illustration at Matthew 13:24-30 are generally considered to be BEARDED DARNEL(Lolium temulentum), which very much resembles wheat until maturity, when it can be readily distinguished from wheat by it's smaller black seeds. This, together with the fact that the roots of these weeds become entwined with the wheat, would make it inadvisable to pull up the wheat, at an early stage. If darnel seeds become mixed with wheat kernels after the harvest, this can have a serious effect upon the eater. Dizziness and even fatal poisoning have been attributed to eating bread containing too much darnel flour.

Genuine Christians and Imitation Christians or Chosen ones and called ones cannot be distinguished by us as individuals until the harvest or maturation of these two groups due to the close resemblance in appearance of them and the reapers are Angels.

Samson.

Hello! Samson

Brother that was an eye opener for me, I'd never heard of darnel much less darnel flour. If what you say about the roots of the darnel and the wheat getting entwined at an early stage in growth is correct then that explains the reason why the owner of the field advised that they be allowed to grow till maturity when separation would be a lot easier by the appearance of the end product one edible and the other poisonous.

That certainly explains the parable fully, whereas the explanations given by Brenda and Beloved though being perfectly sound (chosen or just called, truth and deception, the few and the many etc.etc.) but do not explain how the two become recognizable for separation which is the crux of the matter.

Thank you brother, I am truly grateful for that insight.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.