bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2Kings 20:9-10  (Read 7571 times)

EKnight

2Kings 20:9-10
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:34:30 AM »

2Kings 20:9-10 And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or back ten degrees? And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.

Does anyone know what this means?

Eileen

Beloved

Re: 2Kings 20:9-10
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:14:43 AM »

I always believed that this was in referece to a sun dial, Isahiah asked what kind of sign did he wanted to see the shadow  (time) move forward or backward.  Hesekiah stated time moving forward was what was expected he opted for time to reverse.

I think the only other time was altered was

(Jos 10:13)  And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

(Jos 10:14)  And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

beloved

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »

To be perfectly honest, here is the reason I asked :

http://www.spiritdaily.com/heavenchangetime.htm

And I wasn't sure if I should believe it.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:51 PM »

Hi Eileen,

We don't allow links to other site on the general discussion board.  But I moved it here so that it can be commented on here.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

musicman

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »

God's gonna need a Flux Capacitor for this one.  And I hope it works because I have a long laundry list of crap that I want changed about my past.

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »

Looks like a stretch to me. I was not aware that the Catholics were in to time travel, regardless it looks like new age thinking to me.  Remember star trek etc that any time changes cause cascades of things to happen.

The dial went backward and Hesikaih got 10 more future years he did not rejuvinate.

Joshuha still aged, no changes were noted, just more daylight for the battle.

I used to live in Alaska and it was difficult to get people to go home at midnight because the sun was still up.

Yes God can heal relationships but that is not changing time....only people.

Anything is possible for God but I do not see "time change" in the Scriptures.

If anything it speaks of an orderly arrangement that is on God's time line not man's. What ever he does it will always be for His Glory.

Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Beloved

This sort of stuff reminds me of the part in the movie Space Balls  that the darth vader guy did  it was "about the future and past"....kind of like Abbot and costello who's on first routine.  I wish I had the transcript to post it is pretty funny. 

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »

I didn't realize it was a Catholic site.  But I guess I didn't really understand what it was saying.  I didn't think it was talking about actual time travel and I was skeptical which is why I came to you guys.  I guess I just want to go back to when I had my first son and I was not emotionally prepared to be a mother and I think he missed out on the mother/infant bonding.  I want to go back and change it.  :'(

Eileen

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »

Eileen,

IMO...What time is, we can't fully understand it yet.  All you ever really have is this moment, What can you do right now?  If Love never fails,...it's impossible for you to be to Late!  You don't need to go back in time to fix this.  God is able to heal this and bring restoration.  His desire for this is even stronger than yours!  Put it in his hands and be teachable (seasoned with humility)...Be still and know he is God.

Do you feel unconnected to your Son?
 :'(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:59:12 AM by OBrenda »

Falconn003

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:47 AM »

God's gonna need a Flux Capacitor for this one.  And I hope it works because I have a long laundry list of crap that I want changed about my past.

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha  :D
Rodger

Falconn003

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:31 AM »

Some people who open thier eyes to thier own mistakes get a 2nd chance to correct them in the lives of thier childern,,, hence Experience is said to be the only thing we take in the Kingdom of God.

Peace
Rodger

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 12:39:44 PM »

Do you feel unconnected to your Son?
 :'(

[/quote]

I don't feel unconnected to him, but I do think it had something to do with the path of self-destruction that he was on.  He was born before I was married so I was a single parent for 19 months and probably had some of that post-pardum stuff going on plus I was working.  So he never had my undivided attention and I was less patient.  My husband adopted him when he was a baby.  But we had two other children and they benefited from being born into a two parent home and I was better prepared too. I just want to give him what the other two had as babies.

Eileen

OBrenda

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »

I see...
I also was a single parent.  I had a Girl and didn't marry until she was 15 years old.  I guess we both understand why two parents in a committed relationship is essential to the development of children.  Marriage first and then having children isn't just a rule for the sake of a rule.   It has an effect on others!

I have responsibility for my daughter growing up without a "Dad".  But I also know that, some that have a "Dad" are in Hell.  Eileen...I know we did the best we could, we just didn't know any better, even if we were taught right.  Your Son was meant to be here and is important to God's plan.  God chose you to be his Mom, and God doesn't make mistakes!

I believe all the sins we commit go back to the garden asking God "I'm I my Brothers Keeper"?
The answer is Yes....we are all one...what I do to others, I do to Jesus,...what I do to others, I do to myself.
Like Ray says....cause and effect...ahhhh but then there is his Grace!

We are all here learning what Love is together...

EKnight

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »

Thanks OBrenda.  It's good to know someone who was in the same situation as myself.  It's funny you should mention God's plan in all of it.  When I was pregnant with him, almost 23 years ago, I was uncertain of what to do.  Abortion was never an option, but I was encouraged by family members to consider adoption.  I really prayed hard and asked God to show me which way to go.  I swear He told me to keep the baby for myself.  Obstacles to being a single mother were moved out of the way.  I've always believed that there must be a purpose for all of it.  I've never known what, I mean I could surmise many effects resulting from having him.  Like I don't think I would have ever met my husband if not for all that occurred before I met him.  You know?  My son has been a mess these past few years and he seems to be on his way to recovery and I can't help but wonder where all this is leading.  But if the past is any indication of the future, I guess things are all for the better.

Thanks for sharing your past.

Eileen

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »

Hi! Eileen and Brenda

Thanks ladies for sharing your sad problems but you are not on your own it all goes back to when man thought he had a free will to do as he wished in everything including morals. With his assumed free will he broke every code of conduct including that of morality. Now God is showing the world the consequences of daring to try and defy what His Will for man is. Man's supposed free will has unleashed on the world a monster in the form of unruly, disobedient, uncouth, uncontrollable and rebellious children and a decadent society.

" 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. 24   Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them."  (Rom.!:18-32).

God bless you sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:26:56 PM by Craig »

Samson

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

Yes Musicman, I'm with you,

I forgot about the good old Flux Capacitor, I think everyone could use one of those, just make sure when  stealing it, you don't get shot by the Lebanese Nationals,  ;D ;D ;D

Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.