bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarcasm  (Read 5656 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sarcasm
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:56:05 PM »

Ray,

Your tithing expose was quite helpful.. God has shown me many similar things over the years..

Thank you for all the time you have invested in study and research.

One criticism however, one of which I am also guilty of from time to time especially when confronting those who lay heavy burdens on people.. You seem to wax a little sarcastic at times which does not befit you or I.

Eccl 10:1
    Dead flies putrefy the perfumer's ointment,
    And cause it to give off a foul odor;
    So does a little folly to one respected for wisdom and honor.
    NKJV

In Christ Dave

Dear Dave:
    Actually Ecc 10:1 has absolutely nothing to do with sarcasism. "Folly" is foolishness. Sarcasm has nothing to do with foolishness. Here is the definition of sarcasm: "1,  A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.  2.  A form of wit that uses such remarks to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule" (The American Heritage College Dictionary). You will not find any "foolish" in that definition. Besides, Jesus used sarcasm, it's just that virtually no one has ever seen.  Do yourself a favor and read my paper: "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES!"  It is at the very top of my home page. You might learn a lot.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.