> Transcripts of Ray's Audio's and More Teachings

More of Ray's Teachings

(1/3) > >>

Kat:
Ray's teachings on subjects listed below (those without links are answers sent to the forum).

*) Free Will is an Oxymoron
1) Questions on Christ's baptism
2) Those in LOF
3) The Serpent from LOF
4) Two resurrections; when do they take place?
5) Was Adam's sin passed on to his progeny?
6) Flesh that profits nothing?
7) The infinite mind of an all-knowing, all-wise, all-powerful CREATOR!
08) We are SINNING MACHINES!
09) Demons
10) Timeline of important Bibical dates
11) Email about the creation account in Genesis
12) Joshua's Long Day-the sun stood still
13) Who/What is the Father?

Re: Free Will is an Oxymoron.
on: January 13, 2007, 08:06:16 AM

[Ray's reply]

TO THE FORUM:

The answer your questions regarding why God holds accountable and judges those who merely do what they are inclined to do, is found in Rom. 9:

"For the children being not yet born, neither have done ANY good OR evil, that the purpose of God according to election [divine selection, divine chosen] might stand, not of works, but of him that calls; It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there UNRIGHTEOUSNESS WITH GOD?  God forbid... So then it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs, but OF GOD that shows mercy... Therefore has He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will be hardens" (Rom. 9:11-18).

And so here is where your discussion revolves.  Yes, it is so, that God chooses whom He will have mercy on and whom He will harden.  It is God Himself Who not only chooses whom He will, but it is also God Himself Who BRINGS ABOUT the condition of the two parties in question (a vessel of honor versus a vessel of dishonor--one upon whom mercy is bestowed, and the other upon whom hardness is bestowed).  And so, as this IS the way things are, does this not make God Himself UNRIGHTEOUS?  And Paul also emphatically answers his own question it "GOD FORBID!"

But Paul realizes that his readers will find fault with this line of teaching and reasoning, and so Paul presents the question that naturally comes to our minds when we first hear these strange teachings:  "You will say then unto me [or unto Forum members] WHY DOES HE [GOD] YET FIND FAULT? For [because] who has [EVER] resisted His will [purpose, plan, or intentions]?"

Yes, since God is Sovereign and no one can go against His foreknowledge of WHAT MUST BE, why then does God find fault with those who are merely doing what they with their evil and carnal minds MUST DO?

Okay, here is Paul's answer:  

"Nay but, O man, WHO ARE YOU that replies against God? Shall the thing formed [the man doing merely what he was designed to do] say to Him that formed it [God the Potter] WHY have you made me thus [this way?]" (Rom. 9:19-20).

We as God's "Pots" have no right to ask God WHY He does what He does. HE IS GOD!!

But, for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see, God, nonetheless, does tell us WHY.

"What if God will to show His wrath, and to make his power known, endures with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He has BEFORE prepared unto glory."

God is going to show how GOOD the good are by contrasting them with how BAD the bad are. And God has this right, since He is the Potter, and we are merely the clay.  It is GOOD that we all LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS (Isa. 26:9).  One group (the chosen elect) just learn it earlier than do the vessels of dishonor.  They will not be left out:  

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL MEN [vessels of dishonour], especially [now] of those that believe [the vessels of honour]" (I Tim. 4:10).

But remember, we also were like the vessels of dishonour fitted for wrath, in "times past":

"Among whom also WE ALL had our conversation in times past in the lusts of the flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh [vessels of dishonour] and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph. 2:3).

We are ALL "marred in the Potter's hand" sometime in our lives, and must be refashioned after the likeness of His Son. So God is no respecter of persons, He merely has a schedule for which vessels get saved first.  It is good that we learn righteousness by the evils that God imposes upon us, even if we are "NOT WILLING" that He should operate in this way (Rom. 8:20).

God be with you all,

Ray

Kat:
Re: Questions on Christ's baptism
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The question was, Who's voice is this? Since no man has seen the Father or heard His voice who then could be speaking these Words?

We have had answers ranging from angels, to spiritual words that only could have been heard with spiritual ears to the Father manipulating the natural elements (air, clouds, wind, etc.) to proclaim His message of pleasure in His Son.

[Ray's reply]

Actually there is no great mystery concerning this "voice" from heaven.

At Jesus' baptism we read: "And lo A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (Matt. 3:17). Mark 1:11 and Luke 3:22 say virtually the same words.

Again in in John 12:28 we read: "Father, Glorify Your Name. Then came there A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."
On what is called 'The Mount of Transfiguration," we read this, "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold A VOICE OUT OF THE CLOUD, which said, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased; hear you Him" (Matt. 17::5).
And this was something James, John, and Peter never forgot: " but [we] were eyewitnesses of His Majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such A VOICE TO HIM FROM THE EXCELLENT GLORY, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (II Pet. 1:17).

In all cases it is called "A voice," so this does not contradict the Scriptures which state that no man has ever heard the voice of God the Father. It was "a voice," but it is a message from God the Father." What is important is WHERE it came from, and WHAT the message was. In all cases the voice came FROM A HEAVENLY source, and the message established Jesus Christ as the greatest Human Who has ever lived, and the only one acknowledged by God, to "PLEASE" God.

The message is from God out of Heaven, but it is delivered by a messenger. A dozen times in the book of Revelation we have messages from God delivered out of Heaven by messengers.

God be with you all,

Ray

Kat:
Re: Help re: Those in LOF
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 02:13:46 PM »

If for non overcomers, those in LOF, how can satan destroy flesh when he too will be in LOF?

[Ray's reply]

Dear Forum:

This post is exactly WHY I have written the rule for our Forum. This is exactly what we do not want on the Forum. As no one in the above debate has an answer, WHY ARE THEY DEBATING? There are too many assumptions and contradictions in the above post to even be able to comment on it. Furthermore, I will not be roped into explaining the entire book of Revelation piece-meal in hundreds and hundreds of emails, anymore than I will explain my four-part series on "HELL" in an endless series of emails.

Who said that all saints have their flesh destroyed and purged by Satan? Can Satan cast out Satan?

Satan has a "carnal mind," and yet he is spirit. How so? Satan dines on dust--flesh--that is THE CARNAL MIND of man. How is the carnal mind of Satan going to purify the carnal mind of man? Satan's carnal mind needs more purifying that most men.

Who said that there needs to be a "resurrection" at the end of one's period of Judgment in the Lake of Fire? Just as those "who remain alive" are "changed" in an instant, so likewise changing those in Judgment would be no greater problem.

Where is the proof that the wicked are resurrected in perfect, GLORIFIED bodies to then enter Judgment? I've heard of this teaching, but I have yet to realize that I Cor. 15 is specifically speaking of the First Resurrection to Glory, not the Second resurrection to damnation. Will Hitler and Saddam's two sons be raised with "POWERFUL, GLORIFIED SPIRITAUL BODIES?" I think not. I'm afraid we will have to re-examine these teachings that I allowed to go unchallenged.

Why did Paul single out just one or two persons to be turned over to Satan so as to learn not to blaspheme, if indeed, ALL the Elect are turned over to him? Did Paul turn over Timothy to be destroyed by Satan?

Etc., etc., etc.

The Forum is NOT the place to solve all the mysteries of the book of Revelation. I realize that EVERYONE (and I mean virtually everyone) wants to be a teacher, but in most cases people cannot write but a few lines or paragraphs before they enter the realm of heresy. I don't take my job lightly. I weight my words carefully, and yet I am not totally exempt from mistakes. Hopefully they are minor and small in number.

I will write on this subject in the future, but not today. I have many many people trying to pull me in every direction that they want rather than in the way that I am presently going. I would love to continue work on Part D of my "HELL" series, but I can't if I am continually distracted by some many other problems. Hope you understand.

God be with you all,

Ray

Kat:
Re: The Serpent from LOF
on: August 28, 2007, 01:15:33 PM

The whole section entitled "WHENCE SATAN THE DEVIL?" is very good, I'm just stuck on this thought of Satan was/is a serpent as also referenced in II Cor. 11:3

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html - almost halfway down.

Is this really describing something physical?  

[Ray's reply]

Satan is a spirit being, seeing that he has been around for thousands of years. He is called a devil, serpent/snake, dragon, etc. We are not exactly sure what a dragon looks like, but supposedly it is in the reptile family as are snakes.
Nowhere that I can think of, did Satan ever appear visibly to anyone. Therefore his serpent/dragon qualities (or lack thereof) must be spiritual. Satan is a SPIRITUAL SNAKE. He has the secret, stealth qualities of a snake moving unseen in the dark. Although he is "like" [in certain characteristics] a roaring lion, he is not a lion, but "as" a lion he goes about seeking whom he may devour [Gk: 'swallow up' as in 'swallow a camel']. Spiritually devour/swallow.

So, did Eve talk with a literal, physical, snake, face to face, in the garden? I don't think so.

God be with you all,

Ray

Kat:

Re: Two resurrections; when do they take place?
on: May 27, 2007, 12:47:31 PM

On the "tares" parable, here is the clarification/response.

[Ray's reply]

We (the ELECT) are the WHEAT, and not the tares.  Besides, we cannot be wheat and tares at the same time "growing up TOGETHER" as this parable suggests.
The wheat and the tares grow up TOGETHER in this world: "I pray not that Thou should take them out of the world, but that Thou should keep them FROM THE EVIL" (John `7:15).

The "EVIL" -- "...the TARES are the Children of the wicked one" (Matt. 13:38).  We are the "good seed" which are "the CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM [the Elect]..." (Matt. 13:38).

We are not "tares," but we do have "chaff," and it is that CHAFF that is burned out of us, not "tares."  I pointed this out in my last Installment on HELL:

Here, being baptized (immersed) in fire [pur] is as important and beneficial as being baptized with God's Holy Spirit.

"Whose fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His [threshing] floor, and gather His wheat [wheat is good] into the garner, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matt. 3:12).

Chaff is the bracts enclosing the good, mature wheat, which is removed during threshing-it has no value as food, and so is burned like the wood, hay, and stubble of  I Cor. 3:12. The Elect are composed of both the valuable wheat and the worthless chaff, but we are not the tares.  Notice that the chaff is "burned up... with unquenchable fire."  If this "unquenchable fire" "burns up" the chaff, surely it cannot be eternal.  Unquenchable has nothing to do with eternal.  Unquenchable fires is Scriptures that are not allowed to be quenched before they are allowed to burn themselves out.

Winnowing Wheat

"He will gather His wheat... but He will burn up the chaff" (Matt. 3:14).

We are the wheat of Jesus' parable, and we have unwanted chaff surrounding our lives. Jesus is not likening some people to wheat and others to chaff. The wheat is not one group and the chaff another, but rather the unwanted chaff belongs to the desired wheat. The wheat is the baby and the chaff is the bath water. We do not throw away the baby with the bath water, but we do throw away the dirty bath water (in this analogy the bath water represents chaff which is burned in fire).

Notice my statement: "we ARE NOT THE TARES," in the middle of the third paragraph.

Hope this clears up your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version