bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a problem I can't solve.  (Read 5965 times)

Wepnx0916

I have a problem I can't solve.
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »

??? My wife really needs to read the things posted on *not-allowed* and BIBLETRUTHS but she cannot read English. She is Korean and this is a radical change from what she has learned in church. Part of me thinks she is not ready to hear this, but who am I to determine that? She is very confused from what I try to explain to her and cannot seam to accept it. I have not been the best example for her to follow as I still struggling with sin myself. This is a shock to her because she respects her former pastor. She thinks he's been at this longer than me he must know more that what I'm telling her. This information makes the pastor wrong. What I'm telling her goes against her culture also which is very strong amongst Koreans.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: I have a problem I can't solve.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »

If she can understand english then have her listen to some of Ray's audios.

Craig

Firefly

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »

I don't know if this would help but you can translate phrases, documents and websites from English to Korean (or so it says, I tried it but seeing I can't understand Korean I can't say if it worked or not). There is a limit of up to 150 words for the free translator but it seemed like you could click on a little arrow and then it would do the next 150 words and then the next 150 ecetera. Hope this helps.
Lori  :)

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Hi Wepnx,

It is so wonderful to come to see these truths and have the weight of the false doctrines lifted.  But you do understand that this is only for the few right now and if God is not opening your wife's eyes she just can not understand these things. 
But you certainly can share what you are learning and it may be that God will bless her to also see these things.  But what you need to do is get a really good understanding of some foundational truths.  Ray gave a Bible study on this a few months ago, here are the links to that.

February 2008 Bible Study on Foundational Truths audio
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible Study 02-03-08.mp3
transcript
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

You will see from this Bible study that you can use a few Scriptures to present truths that can not be refuted by the church.  The church teaches things that contradict Scripture and this can not be true, as Christ's Word does not contradict.  So listen to that study and learn these 'foundational' Scriptures truths that you can present to your wife.  You are not trying to help her see what you think is right or what Ray thinks is right, but what is the pure and simple truth of the Scripture  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Triton

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:59:51 AM »

Dear Wepnx,

I just feel that I need to let you know that you're not the only person in this situation.
Personally, I am in the same boat as you. The only difference is that my wife is Chinese.

I don't have the answer you need, but my little advice, from my own experience, might just to be to let your wife move along at her (God's) speed. Of course you can help. I tried to show my wife the contradictions and the obvious. This didn't work - not for her, myself or our marriage. Don't be pushy. Realise that us people, don't respond too favorably too being pushed.

Now, I just share with my wife my feelings about the lies from organised orthodox christianity and ask her how she feels about it. This has been helpful. So, I've turned from trying to teach and show her, to sharing my concerns about the "church" with her. This seems to slowly be bringing her around to speak more about these things and there's been a few times that we've actually agreed on a few points.

But in this PROCESS, I know that God is teaching me about patience and wisdom. Remember, that God is in control.

Brother, I've just prayed for you and your wife and asked God for His will in your lives.

Keep searching after His heart.

I hope this might be in some way helpful to you.

Take care
Paul

gasman

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

;D
I know what you are talking about. I worked in Korea a number of years ago. The culture places great respect for authority figures & discourages questioning these same authorities. I don't know if there are others in your area that you can meet with regularly for study. That would be one avenue. She could build a relationship & trust between others & herself & which would encourage her to believe more. Maybe you can start such a meeting. The problem is that what we believe is the antithesis of everything taught in the church which is why it needs to come by revelation. To understand the concept that everything we have believed previously is wrong & to cope with the idea of wasted time & opportunity is a massive enough trauma to go through for someone who speaks english & can read the evidence. You're in a tough place my friend. Don't be hard on her. Try to show it more than say it. Easy to say I know, but I don't know what else to say to encourage you with.

God Bless

Greg

Linny

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »

Dear Wepnx0916,

This is my opinion and based on my own life experiences but I have felt for a long time that when you are joined and have become one with another, that God honors this relationship by giving you like-minds. I have found over the 17 years with my husband that God will give one or the other of us a new truth and the other one comes along in time. As a wife, I have found that by allowing God to lead him, my husband comes around faster than if I try to convince him on my own. I have always come to be in agreement with him as well when he "gets it" first.
The longest time I can remember was when God gave me a heart for adoption and it took a year before my husband had the same heart.
So my advise is to give her what information you can and be patient. If she is not receptive, give God some time to work on her without your help.  ;)

gmik

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

I haven't welcomed you yet!!  Glad you are here.  I can't give any better advice than has been given.  But you have my prayers!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.