bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Journey to BT  (Read 5051 times)

jakfr0s

My Journey to BT
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »

Hi all! If anyone is interested here is how I got here. Ive always believed that there was a God since as far as I could remember due to my grandparents always taking me to church every sunday. She would always tell me bible stories which I really loved especially about Sampson.  My grandma once told me that everyone would go to heaven. I dont remember her ever talking about hell except once she said something about the lake of fire but I cant remember what it was. Ive always been interested in the teachings of God and Jesus and I would read just about anything related to Them. It blows me away now to think of all the deception I have believed and I cant help but to wonder why? I was one who thought he knew it all and was very proud to share it with others. Whats funny is I loved to sin all through my life and bragging about what I knew about God was part of that sin. Sometimes I feel like Paul when he said he was chief of sinners, Ive experienced some of the worst evils you can imagine, and I have done some of the worst evils you can imagine except murder which isnt to say I didnt try. Oh God why?! So much guilt and shame on me I wanna die! My life has been torture and God caused it all! Sometime last year I prayed in earnest to God to show me the Truth about heaven and hell. Why if He knew that the majority of humanity would roast in hell for ever, why did He create us? I thought what a waste, "if you are truly just and fair as you say then why"? I knew deep down that if He truly was loving then He maybe would pull us out of hell when we had enough. I was actually looking forward to burning in hell as just punishment for my sins. As sick as it sounds it made me happy to know I would burn for being so bad, just as long as it wasnt for ever. So as I was praying to God for answers I asked him to show me where my grandmother was cause I wasnt sure if she would go to hell or heaven. I wanted to know cause if she was in hell thats where I wanted to be, if in heaven then thats where I wanted to be. I didnt care. I love my aana too much to leave her alone. I told her once that I would be buried with her and she laughed. She has long since died and Im still here. Actually everyone I have ever loved has died on me, except for the family I have now and it scares me what God has planned for me next. Anyway like I was saying I was praying for the Truth and recently I came across Ronald Weinlands site and it gave me so much relief when he said that most of everyone will be saved and I just started crying and thanking God. I really started to believe that he was one of the 2 witness's in Revelations and actually began to prepare for world war 3 that was suppose to happen in April or May. It was sometime before April of this year I came across BT and it seemed like an accident at the time but I know better now. I was looking for a website that had the teachings of a Mr. Armstrong and I think it was www.biblicaltruth.com but I typed in bible truth.com in google and came up with BT! I knew then Weinland was a false prophet and that God was using something evil and turning it into something good so I could see the truth. He sure does work mysteriously! Iam here now, I know the Truth, but all I want to do is sin. I know in His good and perfect time He will fix me, but I cant help but be impatient which is by the way one of my biggest weakness's. I want to change but I dont see it and I hear Satan telling me lies saying God is showing me all this for nothing. Sometimes I believe that and it discourages me. I hate myself, I hate this friggin world! Sometimes I wish He would kill me now and put me out of my misery. Why did He have to answer my prayer? Sometimes I think I was better off not knowing the Truth. Now the guilt and shame and hate and anger and sadness is almost too much to bear. Help me God! Help me Jesus!! Please pray for me and my family that God's will be in my life quickly. I know I am right where He wants me to be, but I sure the heck dont want to be here sometimes. Am I being dragged? I guess God only knows why Iam here right now so desperate. You people are the only ones I can turn to for guidance and answers and to learn God's will for my life. My life has been filled with so much sorrow and heartache and self pity, and I have done nothing but cause the same towards my fellow man. I fear God's wrath is only beginning. I fear for my wife and children knowing God has in store for them suffering. I know its what qualifies us to enter into the Kindom of God but knowing that right now does not help. I know it is through much tribulation that we enter His Kingdom and now that I have some knowledge of the Truth I know that there is more to come weather or not Im am chosen as His Elect. Its scares me! Seems either way suffering is for sure. Dont get me wrong I truly can see what He has in store for every single soul that ever lived and it really is good news. God truly is loving and just and fair! He has given me and my family so many good things and I thank him alot for those good things. Ive even been thanking Him for the evil things and the suffering knowing maybe someday He will tell me " Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into thy Kingdom, you have earned it"! Please anyone correct me if Im wrong anywhere in my writings here and back it up with the Scripture so there is no doubt. I hope I havent offended anyone and if I did that was not my intent and please forgive. It feels so good to get all that out. Thank you all for your time. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions and most of all Im looking forward to the wisdom you have to share that God has blessed you all with.         

OBrenda

Re: My Journey to BT
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:04:35 PM »

Hi Jakfr0s,

Welcome my brother to a place where you can hear the truth, and be encouraged to keep fighting the good fight.  A scripture dear to my heart is....

Be Still and know that I'm God!

When I do this, I enter his rest and have peace by giving up the illusion that I have control. And I become an imitator of Christ who prayed....Thy will be done.  Being Still with my focus on Him stops my mind chatter, and faith bubbles up within me.

I was not in anyway offened by you sharing your heart.  My reaction was only a desire to hug you!

Keep on sharing,
Brenda

jakfr0s

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

Thank you OBrenda! I love that verse and God has to remind me of it sometimes. You wanting to hug me brought tears to my eyes cause I know you mean it and you dont even know me aside from what I have written which maybe was alot more than I had meant to write. Anyway you have shown me love only God can give because "God is Love" and it seems He is in you and that means alot to me. I only hope I can have such a love in me someday soon. God bless you

lorrie

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »

Hi JackfrOs!I am not offended by your post either i am actually impressed with how open you are.Ill bet most of the folks here at B T can relate to alot of what you have written. i can relate to your having wanted to die because you see yourself in a box, and you feel so empty and worthless and full of shame i know ive been there, you are now on your way to being healed except his love and dont question it, and never let go my brother!

May the grace of our Father be yours!

jakfr0s

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »

Thank you Jaguar for the encouragement, God knows I need it badly. God bless you friend.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »

Hi jakfrOs,

Thanks for sharing what you are going through in finding the truth.  It is so hard when we come to realize that we really are the 'beast.'  But it is necessary that we come to see that we really are nothing and only God is good, that's why He puts us through this "experience of evil," (CLV Ecc 1:13).  We have to go through the darkness, so that we can have it as a comparison for the light.  This may be the beginning of your walking in the light, but it is wonderful thing to be growing in this truths.  Now every step you take forward in the truth, you are moving away from the darkness, that is a good thing.  I think I remember an email where Ray speaks of this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1681.0.html ------

Yes, "been there; done that."  You can't of yourself get yourself out of your sin and misery.  You desire it, but you will not find the strenght in yourself to do it.  God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God.  When you get that low and are so very thoroughly convinced that you can and will never overcome you most horrible sins, that is when God will come to your rescue.  You must be convinced that if you are saved from yourself and your sins, that it was God that did it and not you. I am convinced of that in my life. If God is choosing you, then it will also happen in your life.  Just keep praying and obeying until God gives you the victory over yourself and your sin. I will pray for you.

God be with you,

Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2888.0.html -------

You are right, I cannot help you overcome your carnal sins. That is something that
we all have to do between ourselves and God. God is dealing with you and will
continue to deal with you. I cannot change God's timing for what He has in store
for your life.  Those of us who are maybe a little more mature, have all gone
through what you are going through.  That's why the Bible calls us BEASTS. We
often think and act and desire as do BEASTS.  You will not quit sinning until
God deems it time for you to quit, but in the mean time, you will come to hate
your sins, and still will not be able to overcome them. You will cry out to the only
One Who can help you. We all must make our "walk through the valley of the
shadow of death."  It is not a pleasant journey, but to come through it and have
a clean and clear conscious for the first time in your life, is itself quite rewarding.

God be with you,
Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1026.0.html --------

There is no magic bullet that will save you today from all your sins and problems. As you have stated YOU have tried and tried and failed time and again. ONLY GOD can save you from all of your sins.  I can teach you the truths of the Scriptures, but overcoming the sins of the flesh is something that only God can do for you. I know the feeling. I have been there; done that.  But God is faithful, and if you continue to hate your flesh and your sins and cry out to God, He will hear you.  So be encouraged.  Many have gone before you and have obtained the victory over sin. We are never totally free from all sin, but we do reach the place where sin no longer has dominion over us, and that is a great feeling.  Don't do ANYTHING that gives you a guilty conscience.  Don't GO anywhere, don't DO anything, don't SAY anything for which you feel guilty or wouldn't want your wife, children and par ents to see you doing.  People condemn me and say all kinds of hateful lies about me on a daily basis.  But my conscience is CLEAR before God, and so I don't have to answer to all my hate-filled detractors.  Take God with you wherever you go and your whole life will change.

God be with you,

Ray
-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is helpful and will be encouraging for you in your new found way of life  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 03:01:12 PM »

Hello JakfrOs,

Enjoyed your testimony, we have something in common, Samson is our favorite Bible Person. Quite some time ago, my wife bought me a Samson doll fro WalMarts, he's very life like, he sits on a chair top next to my computer, I wish I had his arms. Well, anyway, welcome aboard, glad you joined with us.

Your Brother, Samson.

jakfr0s

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

Thank you Samson for welcoming me.

Yes Samson and Delilah were one of my favorites too. I still grow my hair long and pretend its where my strength is, lol. But I recently just learned from this site that when we think we are strong we are really weak, but when we think and confess we are weak before God then only are we truly strong. Not by might nor by strength but by His spirit. Im not very good at memorizing verse numbers but I remember alot of verses.
 Anyway thanks again. Hope to talk to you again.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »

Hi jakfrOs,

Im not very good at memorizing verse numbers but I remember alot of verses.

If it were up to my remembering verses I would not be quoting much Scripture here  :-[  But I do have E-Sword, which is a great help to me.  I use it to find and copy and paste all the Scriptures I use here.  I would recommend this as a very convenient way to read and search the Scriptures, if you don't mind sitting at the computer.  Here is a link to a site where you can download it to your computer
http://www.e-sword.net/index.html
You can pick Bible translations (KJV, ESV, NIV, LITV, ect.), commentaries (Gill, K&B, MHCC, Henry, ect.) and Bible dictionaries ( Strong's, Webster, Smith, ect.).  There is also a training page at the E-Sword site that can be helpful in getting started, here is the link
http://www.e-sword.net/training/basics.viewlet/basics_viewlet_swf.html
If you need help just let me know and I will be glad to help any way I can  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 01:46:34 AM »

Welcome JakfrOs.  What a heart felt testimony.  Many of us here share some of the same anguish.

Give yourself the gift of "time".  Stay in scripture, talk to the Lord, read Ray, talk to us here and GO EASY ON YOURSELF.  Forgive yourself.  Don't dwell on the past. It was ALL God's will anyway, the good the bad and the ugly.

Yes we all still sin....we are all in stages, learning here a little, there a little. Walk 2 steps forward 1 step back...

KNOW that God loves YOU, yes YOU, warts and all!! AND HE HAS DRAGGED YOU HERE. WoooooHooooooo!

Praise Him and Thank Him and Trust Him to change you in His time and in His way.

(Sorry, you didn't ask for my advice, but I usually give grandmotherly advice anyway ::))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.