bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray and the Lake of Fire as another term for Hell  (Read 5091 times)

Paul

Ray and the Lake of Fire as another term for Hell
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

Ray lists this as one of the three false assumptions in part 1 of the Lake of Fire series:

This lake of fire and second death are just other terms for HELL.

Now, if by "Hell" he means Gehenna, I don't understand. Isn't Gehenna referring to the Lake of Fire?

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray and the Lake of Fire as another term for Hell
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

Paul,

Orthodox theologians tend to define the Lake of fire as Hell. I think that's what Ray is pointing out. As a matter of fact, they define just about anything as Hell!  ::)

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:22:15 PM »

Have you read All of Ray's writings?.

He has covered this subject more thourghly than any other writer out there.

I do not understand what you are asking spefically that is not covered in his papers. I do not have the links so I hope Kat or someone out there can refer you to the correct link to his paper that address this.

beloved.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »

I was just wondering what he meant by Hell in that sentence. eggi cleared it up.  :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »

Hi Paul,

As Eggi was saying, Ray was talking about Christians believe that the lake of fire and second death mean the same thing as what they believe 'hell' is, eternal torment.
But Ray teaches that there is no place of eternal torment, but all these terms (lake of fire, second death, Gehenna fire, Great White Throne Judgment) mean the same thing - judgment.
Here is an excerpt from Ray's paper no. 16, D4 'Gehenna Fire Judgment.'  

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm -----

The Gehenna fire, eonian fire, lake of fire, are all the Judgment of God. These fires are all the same ONE fire that come from the same ONE God, and "Our [One] God is a consuming FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

And so Gehenna fire has nothing to do with eternal torture, but rather with eonian chastisement and Judgment-for the House of God's elect, now, and for those who obey not the Gospel of God, in the Judgment of Gehenna/lake of fire, later.
----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Falconn003

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

Kat has explained it best , altough Paul if you would but slow down a bit and re-read your own post , there lies your answer.

Ray lists this as one of the three false assumptions in part 1 of the Lake of Fire series:

This lake of fire and second death are just other terms for HELL.

Now, if by "Hell" he means Gehenna, I don't understand. Isn't Gehenna referring to the Lake of Fire?

Peace
Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.