bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I was just thinking!  (Read 21382 times)

Roy Monis

Re: I was just thinking!
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

Kathy and moderators,

Please don't close or lock this thread until I can reread and copy the pertinent comments.
There is quite a bit to stimulate my self examination and I dread losing it.

Thank you, Indianabob :)

Hi! Indianabob

Thank you for your support, because I believe there is a mountain of truth in this which is not being brought into the light and exposed and then being attacked with the power of the SPIRIT. It frightened the life out of me as it applies to me as does to all who have read it. It is the unavoidable truth and the truth always hurts. But the message I received has been delivered and my conscience is clear, but I still face the difficult task of OVERCOMING.

In closing my defense just posted I left out an essential part of Ray's inspired word;

Where I ended my defense with; "But now there are two within us The Spirit and the enemy's agent "I" the beast within, also Ray's teaching which I wouldn't have known about had it not been for him. But the Spirit within is powerless to deal with the "I" which belongs to Satan on the outside until it is brought into the light where he can be seen. It is now when he is exposed that we must gird ourselves with the Armour provided by God and attack the "I" and OVERCOME him." (Rev.2:7,11,17,26) (Rev.3:5,12,21). I should have ended with God's promise to Eve;   "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel.” (Gen.3:15). The SPIRIT would bruise (CRUSH Ray's word) Satan's head the "I".

God bless you sister and thank you for your support in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

hillsbororiver

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »

his post has been enlightening to me. We come to the forum to fellowship. Yet here we some acting like James and John ....looking to be first.

Gal 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Joh 12:26  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

I agree on some level we are all struggling with answering the question posited.  Many posters have made some excellent points. Others seem to be struggling more with Roy. because he seems to be playing a quessing game. The way I see it that he is trying to provoke us to really thinking about this subject. 

Those in the "church" are like kids saying .....yes we love you daddy....but their actions speak louder.

What do our actions show? Can we be patient with each other, can we be kind and trusting.

Okay folks I will go first...I am mushey gushey and I am not sure why Dewey posted his comments here rather than on the thread which he started and where he feels he was slighted. 

If any of us have a problem with another PM or post it. If you post it you can embarress the other ......do you want to do that? (by the way Dewey I was not one bit upset, in fact I marvel that you held all that that in so long.)

On the other hand we have to be able to take criticisms...being rejected is also part of the training program. Those snide remarks that are some times are made .....hurt....and we have all had them and given them.  Sometimes we all need to take a break, rest in the Lord and study the Word more before we can come together.

Second none of us seem to be getting the answer Roy is looking for and we are feeling frustrated and challenged. I know my own posts did not have depth, I wasn't trying to 'get' the answer I was putting a puzzle piece down.  I really enjoyed seeing all the different perspectives and hope people will continue to think about it. 

This is Robert Frost shortest poem
"We sit in a circle and suppose but the answer sits in the middle and knows".

The Answer is God and His Son Jesus Christ...we are all sitting here with little bits of information. Flotsom and jetsom

2Co 13:11  Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Rom 15:6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In closing like Gina once said...we gotta play nice...
So true......especially if we children of God want to become the sons of God

Beloved

Hi Beloved,

All I can add to this is a big AMEN!

Thank you,

Joe

Roy Monis

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »

his post has been enlightening to me. We come to the forum to fellowship. Yet here we some acting like James and John ....looking to be first.

Gal 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Joh 12:26  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

I agree on some level we are all struggling with answering the question posited.  Many posters have made some excellent points. Others seem to be struggling more with Roy. because he seems to be playing a quessing game. The way I see it that he is trying to provoke us to really thinking about this subject. 

Those in the "church" are like kids saying .....yes we love you daddy....but their actions speak louder.

What do our actions show? Can we be patient with each other, can we be kind and trusting.

Okay folks I will go first...I am mushey gushey and I am not sure why Dewey posted his comments here rather than on the thread which he started and where he feels he was slighted. 

If any of us have a problem with another PM or post it. If you post it you can embarress the other ......do you want to do that? (by the way Dewey I was not one bit upset, in fact I marvel that you held all that that in so long.)

On the other hand we have to be able to take criticisms...being rejected is also part of the training program. Those snide remarks that are some times are made .....hurt....and we have all had them and given them.  Sometimes we all need to take a break, rest in the Lord and study the Word more before we can come together.

Second none of us seem to be getting the answer Roy is looking for and we are feeling frustrated and challenged. I know my own posts did not have depth, I wasn't trying to 'get' the answer I was putting a puzzle piece down.  I really enjoyed seeing all the different perspectives and hope people will continue to think about it. 

This is Robert Frost shortest poem
"We sit in a circle and suppose but the answer sits in the middle and knows".

The Answer is God and His Son Jesus Christ...we are all sitting here with little bits of information. Flotsom and jetsom

2Co 13:11  Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Rom 15:6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In closing like Gina once said...we gotta play nice...
So true......especially if we children of God want to become the sons of God

Beloved

Hi Beloved,

All I can add to this is a big AMEN!

Thank you,

Joe

Dear Beloved, you're speaking my words, dear sister, you're speaking my words and they bring tears to my eyes. Thank you and Joe. This Word has been pressing on me so long that now that it is out it is such an enormous relief that you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I pray God limits His messages to me because they are truly heavy burdens. Ezekiel must have gone through hell and that's putting it mildly.

God bless you brother and sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

hillsbororiver

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »

This Word has been pressing on me so long that now that it is out it is such an enormous relief that you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I pray God limits His messages to me because they are truly heavy burdens.

Ecc 1:18  For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Hi Roy,

The more we are given eyes to see the more we are capable of seeing things about ourselves and the world that are truly distressing. Even as we rejoice in His Word once we digest it there comes a bitterness in our (carnal) gut that is undeniable.

Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

I also agree with Beloved and some of the Others, I have enjoyed this post, and have received much out of it.
I perceive Roy's genuine enthusiasm to share, his cup runith over. He is encouraging us to think deeper on a very important foundation, Do We Love God??

In his enthusiasm he may have been short in his comments to some, but isn't this similar to Ray's style/personality?
Haven't we read many emails to Ray that take offence to his manner, and miss the point entirely?

I hope you will forgive me, cuz I am a Babe here, and I don't want to overstep my bounds. But I would like to point out a scripture that Kat posted above, and hope everybody meditates on it: Are we not still carnal if there is envy and strife and divisions among us???

Should we not in this forum be able to......Speak the Truth in Love?  And give GRACE to those when struggling to understand an area that is difficult?  Consider that we are all still being brought from Glory to Glory, that we are still learning Line upon line, precept upon precept. When we stick our Flag in what we believe today, we are no longer teachable and will stop growing in the knowledge of Him.
That is not to say we don't have a sure Foundation.

If Ray or anyone else expresses opposition to someones belief, they are not attacking the persons character, they are challenging only a "belief/thought". SO if we take our ego/carnal mind out this we will not be so easily offended. Having said that we should always check ourselves before we respond, that we are coming from the Spirit of His Love.

IMVHO

P.S.  I also questioned the parable of the tares being possibly our carnial nature recently on another post.
(you can see Kat's answer from Ray's teaching)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:52:13 PM by OBrenda »

Kat

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »

Hi Roy,

The wheat and the Tares meant little to me until Ray opened the window and now the light that began to shine in me located the Tares and the Wheat. I believe, my opinion only from what I'm being prompted, the wheat are our neighbours the second of God's two commandments and the Tares are Satan's goodies that are being stored up by the "I" the beast within.

Just trying to get this straighten out in my mind about the 'wheat and tares.'  I believe Ray teaches this parable, like all parables are about the many called and the few chosen.  Here is a post from Ray that can be found in the 'Transcripts of Ray's Audio's and More Teachings.'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7500.0.html ---------

[Ray's reply]

I hope I did not insinuate that. We (the ELECT) are the WHEAT, and not the tares.  Besides, we cannot be wheat and tares at the same time "growing up TOGETHER" as this parable suggests.
The wheat and the tares grow up TOGETHER in this world: "I pray not that Thou should take them out of the world, but that Thou should keep them FROM THE EVIL" (John `7:15).

The "EVIL" -- "...the TARES are the Children of the wicked one" (Matt. 13:38).  We are the "good seed" which are "the CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM [the Elect]..." (Matt. 13:38).

We are not "tares," but we do have "chaff," and it is that CHAFF that is burned out of us, not "tares."  I pointed this out in my last Installment on HELL:

Here, being baptized (immersed) in fire [pur] is as important and beneficial as being baptized with God's Holy Spirit.

"Whose fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His [threshing] floor, and gather His wheat [wheat is good] into the garner, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matt. 3:12).

Chaff is the bracts enclosing the good, mature wheat, which is removed during threshing-it has no value as food, and so is burned like the wood, hay, and stubble of  I Cor. 3:12. The Elect are composed of both the valuable wheat and the worthless chaff, but we are not the tares.  Notice that the chaff is "burned up... with unquenchable fire."  If this "unquenchable fire" "burns up" the chaff, surely it cannot be eternal.  Unquenchable has nothing to do with eternal.  Unquenchable fires is Scriptures that are not allowed to be quenched before they are allowed to burn themselves out.

Winnowing Wheat

"He will gather His wheat... but He will burn up the chaff" (Matt. 3:14).

We are the wheat of Jesus' parable, and we have unwanted chaff surrounding our lives. Jesus is not likening some people to wheat and others to chaff. The wheat is not one group and the chaff another, but rather the unwanted chaff belongs to the desired wheat. The wheat is the baby and the chaff is the bath water. We do not throw away the baby with the bath water, but we do throw away the dirty bath water (in this analogy the bath water represents chaff which is burned in fire).

Notice my statement: "we ARE NOT THE TARES," in the middle of the third paragraph.

Hope this clears up your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

OBrenda

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »

I accept that Ray teaches us "We Are Not The Tares" in this parable.
But I understand my carnal/ego part, to be something within me, but not actually who I truly am in Christ.
It is the Beast within that entwines itself and deceives us, and many don't know he's there.  And many believe they are the beast/carnal mind, and call it just being human.

So like you Roy, this parable creates that picture in my mind, of the wheat & the tares to understand a spiritual truth that God's Spirit dwells in me along with the Beast/Carnial Mind.  It helped me to see it more clearly, even if that is not what God was exactly referring to in this particular parable. (I don't know if there can be dual truths in a parable)  More likely it was just a tool to get a Truth to us, as when the Donkey Spoke.
We certainly know some people are missing the meanings of the Parable entirely.
But Praise God he gave "Revelational Teachings" to Ray to confirm the truth and expose the heresy of Babylon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:32:44 PM by OBrenda »

Roy Monis

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »

I also agree with Beloved and some of the Others, I have enjoyed this post, and have received much out of it.
I perceive Roy's genuine enthusiasm to share, his cup runith over. He is encouraging us to think deeper on a very important foundation, Do We Love God??

In his enthusiasm he may have been short in his comments to some, but isn't this similar to Ray's style/personality?
Haven't we read many emails to Ray that take offence to his manner, and miss the point entirely?

I hope you will forgive me, cuz I am a Babe here, and I don't want to overstep my bounds. But I would like to point out a scripture that Kat posted above, and hope everybody meditates on it: Are we not still carnal if there is envy and strife and divisions among us???

Should we not in this forum be able to......Speak the Truth in Love?  And give GRACE to those when struggling to understand an area that is difficult?  Consider that we are all still being brought from Glory to Glory, that we are still learning Line upon line, precept upon precept. When we stick our Flag in what we believe today, we are no longer teachable and will stop growing in the knowledge of Him.
That is not to say we don't have a sure Foundation.

If Ray or anyone else expresses opposition to someones belief, they are not attacking the persons character, they are challenging only a "belief/thought". SO if we take our ego/carnal mind out this we will not be so easily offended. Having said that we should always check ourselves before we respond, that we are coming from the Spirit of His Love.

IMVHO

P.S.  I also questioned the parable of the tares being possibly our carnial nature recently on another post.

Hi! Brenda

Thank you for your kind observations. Can you see where I am in any way trying to teach or bring my own teachings on to this forum? Can you see any truth in the accusation that I'm not following the teachings of Ray? Why are these people, not from without but from within, being so mean minded? Have we by some remote chance got some tares not only in us but also in our midst?

The message I delivered was not my word but what I believe to be the Word of God proven by the Scriptures quoted, and all the quotes can be Spiritually compared with other Scriptures in the Bible. We are the real Israel as Ray through Divine inspiration has disclosed to us. This is the Israel to whom I believe I have been commanded to deliver the message (Ezek.3). Regrettably this Israel also is once again rejecting it. Have we not learned anything? You see I cannot say much or I'll be accused of bringing my own teachings in. I have no teachings to bring in in the first place so what are they talking about? I am a learner, that is why I am on this site like you are, and I have learned a tremendous amount but there is a mountain yet to be climbed.

The Lord has been speaking to me, I have to admit, and like Jonah I've shied against it and tried to ignore it but it couldn't be ignored any longer and had to come out. Yes Beloved is perfectly right when she says I played a game with it to start with, I have to be truthful I did but there was a reason, I wanted to see if there was anyone who could see what I was seeing. A Spiritual exercise which is good and edifying, that's what we are here for to help one another. I thought Beloved had it, but she stopped. Then I thought Joe had it and he also stopped short. Then there was one, if I'm not mistaken it was you, Brenda, who nailed it.

The revelation was a shock even to me but I thought it was going fine till the Bobby's and Dewey's had to try to pull it to pieces without any sound foundation other than for criticism's sake. That's a great pity because it is neither edifying or useful to any member on this forum.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Redbird

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »

Dear Kat,

Excellent quotes from Ray in regards to the wheat and chaff.  :)

One thing I am having a problem with in this thread is the ego being explained as the I...I tend to think of the ego as more of an it (the chaff)!  Because even God refers to himself as I, so how can that be a bad thing????

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

OBrenda

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »

Hi Roy...To your question..
Can you see where I am in any way trying to teach or bring my own teachings on to this forum? Can you see any truth in the accusation that I'm not following the teachings of Ray? Why are these people, not from without but from within, being so mean minded? Have we by some remote chance got some tares not only in us but also in our midst?

I think there is a differnce in "Teaching" and "Sharing"  my perception was you were "Sharing" a treasure you found with us.  I have never seen anything disrespectful to Ray or his teachings from you.

I don't think those that have been offened by what you said are "Tares" I think they honestly Misunderstood your motives, some times people just don't get what is between the lines!  And to be FAIR to them, words on a screen can't comunicate everything like our facial expressions for instance. If you read back through your posts, are there places where you could have expressed yourself a little more softer and still made your point?

Now I have a question for you...Do You Love those, who misunderstood You!
Can we all overcome our Carnality to reach a Love that dosen't need to defend itself, but instead prays,
Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do?

Haven't we been reading, He who hates his Brother, Can't Love GOD?

As Iron sharens Iron, why are we suprised and fearful when things get a little heated. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:37:55 PM by OBrenda »

Roy Monis

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 04:09:21 PM »

Hi Roy...To your question..
Can you see where I am in any way trying to teach or bring my own teachings on to this forum? Can you see any truth in the accusation that I'm not following the teachings of Ray? Why are these people, not from without but from within, being so mean minded? Have we by some remote chance got some tares not only in us but also in our midst?

I think there is a difference in "Teaching" and "Sharing"  my perception was you were "Sharing" a treasure you found with us.  I have never seen anything disrespectful to Ray or his teachings from you.

I don't think those that have been offended by what you said are "Tares" I think they honestly Misunderstood your motives, some times people just don't get what is between the lines!  And to be FAIR to them, words on a screen can't communicate everything like our facial expressions for instance. If you read back through your posts, are there places where you could have expressed yourself a little more softer and still made your point?

Now I have a question for you...Do You Love those, who misunderstood You!
Can we all overcome our Carnality to reach a Love that doesn't need to defend itself, but instead prays,
Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do?

Haven't we been reading, He who hates his Brother, Can't Love GOD?

As Iron sharpens Iron, why are we suprised and fearful when things get a little heated. 

Hi! Brenda

I don't hate anyone, have I given that impression anywhere in all that I've been saying? If I have then I'm truly sorry but I can't recall any. The times when I've inadvertently given offense and come to realize it, I have immediately tendered a sincere apology. No I don't hate or dislike anyone I just consider them to be a thorn in the flesh but love them all the same. If a short frank and honest response is taken as hate then I'm guilty, but I don't apologize for that because that is how I am and always will be. I prefer it to the concealed dishonest approach you never know what's lurking behind.

I am now going to give you an honest answer from the heart. I do love those who despise or hate me, I may not like them but I certainly do love them and FORGIVE them also. Does that answer your question?

Regarding the tares; I am just wondering if, not accusing, they are a part of the tares, because it has occurred before in a Church established by a person more highly inspired than Ray by the name of Paul and it happened to him. Just wondering not accusing, could it happen again? They were also from within if you remember.

I dare say there are places where my posts could have been expressed a bit better and clearer way, but I'm no different to anyone else in that respect we are all human, carnal and fallible. It is a very difficult thing to do, have you not noticed Ray's teachings, how he has to repeat, capitalize and highlight over and over again to get his point home. Now that is teaching and good teaching so we can all understand but even then sometimes we don't. Sadly I don't have that privilege, because if I did try to do it everyone would be down on me like a ton of bricks. You're teaching, that's not allowed, we have a teacher! As if I didn't know, I'm grateful as he is the same person who is teaching me, the only difference is I'm learning and not just finding fault with others. We can't seem to win.

This forum I believe is for discussing topics to try and answer questions that are worrying some, and not for just exchanging Scriptural verses which is what I see in the case of Dewey who filled a full page with Scripture, if anyone could have cut it short it was him, but don't get me wrong I honestly do love that guy, he makes me laugh and I love a good laugh and complain at the same time. Joke Ha!Ha!   

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

OBrenda

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »

Hi Again Roy,
Every single Person that God has put in my path has been a "Teacher" to me.  Even if they are only a "Screamming Example" of what not to do.  I understand Beloved is a Doctor, she has taught me here on this Forum, by sharing her knowledge that I am completely ignorant of.  There are several people here that have taught me here, by sharing their understanding, and they have helped to straighten my crooked thinking.

I think we are all teaching and learning from one another here, I don't know if its possible not to?  I have no idea what all the walking on eggshells is all about, but I trust the moderators have seen allot and Do what they believe is Best.  I had one of my post Locked Out.  And I learned a great deal from it.
But I Completely Trust they made a choice from Wisdom and Caring for the Flock!

When you read several posts here, in one subject there is a person who is asking a question that seems simple, and in the next post that same person is imparting great insight.  I can be a Good Disciple one day and a complete FOOL the next.  Whomever God wants me to be, its OK....I don't want pride coming in (again).

When I read your post here, I feel like I've been hugged by my Dad.  You exude fatherly Love, and what good Father doesn't want to share his wisdom??  I can't think of one.  You don't need to apologize for your personality , some will find it a blessing, some will feel threatened.  Thanks just the way it is.  I for one find you a Delight!   

I think it's more important to Love One Another, finding agreement is secondary,...and in the hands of our GOD! 
He can fix this, everything is OK!

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »

Hi all,

I have watched this topic and seen all points and what came to mind is a poem  i actually seen posted in BTF. It will probable be moved  but feel i should post it.

THE CHOSEN VESSEL

By R. Cornwall

The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many--which one would He choose?
Take me, cried the gold one, I'm shiny and bright,
I'm of great value and I do things just right.
My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for someone like You, Master, gold would be the best!

The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;
I'll serve You, dear Master, I'll pour out Your wine
And I'll be at Your table whenever You dine,
My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And my silver will always compliment You.

Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was widemouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.
Here! Here! cried the vessel, I know I will do,
Place me on Your table for all men to view.

Look at me, called the goblet of crystal so clear,
My transparency shows my contents so dear,
Though fragile am I, I will serve You with pride,
And I'm sure I'll be happy Your house to abide.

The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.
You may use me, dear Master, the wooden bowl said,
But I'd rather You used me for fruit, not for bread!

Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay.
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.
No hope had the vessel that the Master might choose,
To cleanse and make whole, to fill and to use.

Ah! This is the vessel I've been hoping to find,
I will mend and use it and make it all Mine.

I need not the vessel with pride of its self;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;
Nor the one who is bigmouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;
Not the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with My power and might.

Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay.
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.
Spoke to it kindly. "There's work you must do,
Just pour out to others as I pour into you."

We are all clay pots, being created in His )THE CHOSEN VESSEL

By R. Cornwall

The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many--which one would He choose?
Take me, cried the gold one, I'm shiny and bright,
I'm of great value and I do things just right.
My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for someone like You, Master, gold would be the best!

The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;
I'll serve You, dear Master, I'll pour out Your wine
And I'll be at Your table whenever You dine,
My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And my silver will always compliment You.

Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was widemouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.
Here! Here! cried the vessel, I know I will do,
Place me on Your table for all men to view.

Look at me, called the goblet of crystal so clear,
My transparency shows my contents so dear,
Though fragile am I, I will serve You with pride,
And I'm sure I'll be happy Your house to abide.

The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.
You may use me, dear Master, the wooden bowl said,
But I'd rather You used me for fruit, not for bread!

Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay.
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.
No hope had the vessel that the Master might choose,
To cleanse and make whole, to fill and to use.

Ah! This is the vessel I've been hoping to find,
I will mend and use it and make it all Mine.

I need not the vessel with pride of its self;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;
Nor the one who is bigmouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;
Not the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with My power and might.

Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay.
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.
Spoke to it kindly. "There's work you must do,
Just pour out to others as I pour into you."

We are all clay pots, being created in His spiritual image. Someone said to me today, "if i am obedient all my life  and someone repents after He comes, how is that fair or just"   That made me feel so sad, and think, fair and just for who???  I beleive we all in here, are searching, are growing and being chastened. All of this  is part of His plan to reconcile ALL creation back to the Father,  Christ Himself  will hand all power back.

YLT
(1Co 15:22)  for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,

(1Co 15:23)  and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,

(1Co 15:24)  then--the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father, when he may have made useless all rule, and all authority and power--

(1Co 15:25)  for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet--

(1Co 15:26)  the last enemy is done away--death;

Peace and God Bless
Sandie

Walk in the Spirit

OBrenda

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

Sandy...All I have to say to that is......."That Was BEAUTIFUL"  and Thank You!

sansmile

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »

Brenda,
ALL glory to Him xx
Walk in the Spirit

KristaD

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 08:38:58 PM »

I certainly have not accused you of teaching, Roy, and even if you were I would not consider that a bad thing. God can give words to a donkey and He can certainly use any one of us to give a message as well. I respect that you felt that you had a message to share but I do not respect the accusations that have come with it and the inability to accept our answers. We have nearly ALL said that NO we DO NOT love God as we should, yet you accuse us of denying that over and over again. We are not all sitting complacently claiming to love God and just "pruning" ourselves, maybe some are but you have made a blanket statement that accuses all but you. I have seen nothing but agreement here and yet you keep coming back with more words. How many of those words have been from God and how many were yours? I don't want to see this topic locked or removed, I think intelligent discusions are great and your point was a very valid one but perhaps your ego is making you unable to let it go b/c it did not at this moment get the repsonse that you wanted. Let us take what you have said and keep it in our hearts and LET GOD work in us, it's not for you to drive the word home. He says no word will return to Him void so trust that and stop accusing us all of complacency and being tares just b/c we did't have the reaction to the message that you wanted. You still have not posted anything that is a solution to the problem that you've brought to our attention so I can't see much more coming from this. I have not seen where you have expressed any further understanding of this word than we do so why should we all be expected to agree with the exact words that you use?? If HE gives you further clarity in this matter than please share it but for now it seems to me that you said what you were supposed to and got us all thinking. You delivered the message, thank you, we agree on the important part now stop pounding it in, God will give us the understanding of it in the right time.
The division and strife that I have seen on this board are so sickening to me. We have ALL been chosen by God to reveal some of His most glorious truths to, can we not all repsect that about each other and listen to each other and think "surely He speaks to them to, who am I to argue? I certainly do not myself have all the understanding." ????? When it comes to expanding on and interpreting the scriptures we must see our individuality, not everyone will get the message at the same time. We have all agreed here and yet there is arguing b/c people are saying the same thing with different words or stressing a different part of a scripture; that's just plain sad.

sansmile

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »

Krista,
be still and know that He is God

xx
Walk in the Spirit

Beloved

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

I have been asked by Dewey to correct my statement and am happy to do so 

Here is what I said

This is what it should have said

I am the person that referred to Dewey in his post about mushey gushey type love.

Dewey did not say that I was the one who was mushey gushey or that my love was mushey gushey because saying that would be judgemental.

Here is a link to the original post so you who do not know what is being spoken of can read it….

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6556.0.html

What I was attempting when I wrote this was to take blame for any of the confusion that the post that Dewey posted on judgement may have caused and it looks like it backfired.  :P

I am involved in some extremely interesting studies right now and would prefer to go back to it, but I wanted to honor this request.

I am going to take my little pencil and Bible and go and listen to and talk to God for now.

beloved     :)

KristaD

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »

Krista,
be still and know that He is God

xx

I'm sorry but I can only be still and know that GOD IS GOD, not Roy or anyone else here.

sansmile

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »

Krista,
God bless  you  thats exactly who i was referring to as HE.....................Christ
xx
Walk in the Spirit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.