bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell, Satan's Heaven?  (Read 20663 times)

Chris R

Re: Hell, Satan's Heaven?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 09:10:32 AM »

I'll throw my two cents in, 

Would Satan know what a steak tastes like?...I mean does he equate desires from a human perspective, since he is decidedly not human, Does he have eyes nose and ears? Does he have a stomach? a tongue? teeth?  We have read his description, but mostly this is what he "is like" not what he is. A serpent? A Lion? we know He is not one of these, they are animals.

I reckon first we would have to know what He is, to understand what his desires are. is he "like a angel" spiritual, or is he different, I don't know...anybody seen him lately?

Chris R

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 09:21:58 AM »

Hi Chris,

I hope you don't think I am being literal here, don't you think that God has put some desire to be satisfied within Satan or is he a robot or machine that just does stuff with no sense of self, no void that is filled as he does his work, consuming man's carnality.

From Lake of Fire Part 9;

SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED

Satan entered Eden as "that Old Serpent [Satan]" and deceived Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. Satan didn’t sneak into the garden against God’s will. He performed a needful task with our first parents. God knew what Satan was going to do to Adam and Eve. God did not try to prevent it. It is all part of God’s master plan.

Just as God has provided food for mankind, He has also provided food for Satan. And just what kind of food does Satan dine on?  Satan dines on mankind.

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and DUST SHALL YOU EAT all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

This is, of course a parable. That "serpent" in the garden was none other than

"…that OLD SERPENT, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world…" (Rev. 12:9).

And this is the same serpent that "deceived" Eve.

Man is the "dust of the earth" upon which Satan dines: "The first man [Adam] is of the earth, earthy [dust]…" (I Cor. 15:47). Man IS ‘dust.’

"…for DUST you are, and unto DUST shall you return" (Gen. 3:19).

When God told the serpent devil Satan that he would eat DUST, He was telling him that he would eat MAN (adam). And this is exactly what Peter tells us in his epistle:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Gk: swallow down/eat]" (I Pet. 5:8).

Satan dines and thrives on the meat of the "carnal [Greek: sarx; flesh] mind [which] is enmity [hostility/hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).
Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.

Satan even had King David for dinner:

"And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel" (I Chron. 21:1).

But always remember, Satan never operates beyond his God-given parameters as we will see in the case of Job.

God gave Satan charge over Job, his body, and all his possessions, to try him severely before God:

"And the Lord said unto SATAN, Behold, he [Job] is in your hand; but save his life" (Job 2:6).

It was GOD’S idea to severely try Job, not Satan’s. But Satan took strict orders from God as to just how he could try Job. Satan got permission from God at each and every step of this severe trying of Job. Do we think God does it differently today? Do we think Satan now has "free reign"- "free will?" Do we think that God "changes?" Nonsense: "For I am the LORD, I change not…" (Mal. 3:6).

David prayed for God to use Satan in judging his enemies:

"Set you a wicked man over him: and let SATAN stand at his right hand" (Psalm 109:6).

Are not these activities of Satan necessary? Does God use Satan for no good purpose? Then why can’t men see that God also CREATED Satan for these very purposes?

Satan is constantly finding fault with God’s Chosen ones:

"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and SATAN standing at his right hand to resist [accuse] him" (Zech. 3:1).

Remember, Satan can do NOTHING without God’s approval. When God completed His creating, He said

"And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD…" (Gen. 1:31).

Satan was not only necessary, but he was, in fact, PERFECT for the job that God created him to fulfill.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Peace,

Joe
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:23:55 AM by hillsbororiver »

chuckt

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »

greatings all.

yes some statments i have heard:

satan and his demons will spend eternity in hell tormenting souls.

the angels rejoice as souls are cast into hell,.....thats a sick one!!

satan desires to thwart Gods plan.  ::)

you preach a false gospel and are eternally condemned  :D

satan laughs as he tortures unbeleivers in hell.

get thee behind me satan  :o

babies that  die that god knew wouldnt beleive go to hell.  :'(

satan is in hell right now torturing souls.

the devil thinks he will when the war ::)

god has predestined the nonelect to an eternity in hellfire.  :'(

many more but i stop here, im getting nausious.

God bless
chuckt

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:33:10 AM by chuckt »

OBrenda

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »

Wow...I never saw this.  So Satan was created perfectly as a Tool of God, and he is only allowed to dine on the carnial mind.  Which is itself evil, and eventually it is what GOD is burning out of Us??

[color=blue
Satan dines and thrives on the meat of the "carnal [Greek: sarx; flesh] mind [which] is enmity [hostility/hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).
Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.[/b]

Satan was not only necessary, but he was, in fact, PERFECT for the job that God created him to fulfill.

Peace,

Joe

Kent

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »

greatings all.

yes some statments i have heard:

satan and his demons will spend eternity in hell tormenting souls.

the angels rejoice as souls are cast into hell,.....thats a sick one!!

satan desires to thwart Gods plan.  ::)

you preach a false gospel and are eternally condemned  :D

satan laughs as he tortures unbeleivers in hell.

get thee behind me satan  :o

babies that  die that god knew wouldnt beleive go to hell.  :'(

satan is in hell right now torturing souls.

the devil thinks he will when the war ::)

god has predestined the nonelect to an eternity in hellfire.  :'(

many more but i stop here, im getting nausious.

God bless
chuckt

And have you noticed that they seem to be excited at the prospects? How they seem to like the idea that people are supposedly going to burn forever? Oh, they will say that it saddens them, but it is as phony as a $3 bill.

If only the French had held the Maginot Line with the same tenacity that these people hold on to these stupid doctrines. ::)

This has to be the Great Delusion. I dont see any other explanation for it.

chuckt

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »

yup. and my all time unfavorite saying of men:

""jesus talked more about hell than heaven"" ::)

be well
chuckt

Kat

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »

Hi Joe,

Devour
1. To eat up; to eat with greediness; to eat ravenously, as a beast of prey, or as a hungry man.
We will say, some evil beast hath devoured him. Gen 37.
In the morning, he shall devour the prey. Gen 49.

2. To destroy; to consume with rapidity and violence.
I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, which shall devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad. Amos 1.
Famine and pestilence shall devour him. Ezek 7.

3. To destroy; to annihilate; to consume.
He seemed in swiftness to devour the way.

4. To waste; to consume; to spend in dissipation and riot.
As soon as this thy son had come, who hath devoured thy living with harlots. Luke 15.

5. To consume wealth and substance by fraud, oppression, or illegal exactions.
Ye devour widows houses. Mat 23.

6. To destroy spiritually; to ruin the soul.
Your adversary, the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Pet 5.

7. To slay.
The sword shall devour the young lions. Nahum 2.
(E-Swords Webster)

I guess if Satan devours like in no. 6 "To destroy spiritually" or leads one into sin behaviors?
Well I think we have some very good example of how Satan works in the temptations of Christ.

Mat 4:1  Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
v. 2  And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
v. 3  Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
v. 4  But He answered and said, "It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."'

I don't think Satan was there with Jesus in physical form, he is spirit, spirit is invisible.  I think Satan came to Jesus just like he comes to us and whispered these thoughts in His ear, so to speak.  Satan tempted Jesus to satisfy His hunger, actually He was lierally starving.  So Satan tempts - don't wait on God to provide, take care of things yourself or really question His faith in God.  Christ saw throught it immediately.  But is this like Satan tempting us to satisfy some carnal desire we make have or not trust on God to help us overcome these desire, evenually?

Mat 4:5  Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
v. 6  and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:
       "He shall give His angels charge over you,'
       and, "In their hands they shall bear you up,
       Lest you dash your foot against a stone."'

Again Satan must have whispered in Jesus' ear, He could prove His faith by making a dramatic show that He trusted God to protect Him or really putting God's promise to the test.  Again Christ saw throught it immediately.  How do we put God to the Test?  Maybe this Scripture can help us understand.  

Mal 3:15  So now we call the proud blessed,
       For those who do wickedness are raised up;
       They even tempt God and go free.

The last temptation.

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
v. 9  And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
v. 10  Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve."'

What is Satan saying here?  Was it maybe that Christ could avoid the cross?  Was this a temptation to save Himself from that agony and humilation?  Are we tempted to give in to the lusts of this world that Satan presents to us?  Is that in effect doing his bidding or worshipping Satan?  

Well I was just looking into these things, thought in would go with your topic.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rjsurfs

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »

Hi Kat,

You quoted:
Mat 4:8  Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
v. 9  And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
v. 10  Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve."'

Notice that Jesus told Satan: "You shall worship the Lord YOUR God"... Our Lord is Satan's God too... and Satan knows it.

Just an observation.

:)

Bobby

Kat

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Good point.  I hadn't taken notice of that before.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Monis

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »

Hi Kat,

You quoted:
Mat 4:8  Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
v. 9  And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
v. 10  Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve."'

Notice that Jesus told Satan: "You shall worship the Lord YOUR God"... Our Lord is Satan's God too... and Satan knows it.

Just an observation.

:)

Bobby

Hi! Bobby

A very good observation too, I hadn't seen it. Thank you.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

ez2u

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »

They were asleep and you woke them up!!!!  Don't worry they will probably go back to sleep unless the Lord uses what you said to do a broader work in them.  peggy

Chris R

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 11:30:29 PM »

Hi Chris,

I hope you don't think I am being literal here, don't you think that God has put some desire to be satisfied within Satan or is he a robot or machine that just does stuff with no sense of self, no void that is filled as he does his work, consuming man's carnality.

Joe[/color]

Hi Joe,

Nahh Just messin with ya....  ;D

To be perfectly honest, I really don't know, I know there is a plan and purpose for Satan and his minions, but i really don't have a clue as to how he "feels"......Is there Good in Satan?...I dont think so?...If there is no contrast..does he know what Bad is?...see what i'm gettin at?

Peace

Chris R

rjsurfs

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »

That is extremely interesting Chris... 

we know he is to be thrown into the LoF... maybe not until then will he know such contrast. 

Bobby

David

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »

In one of Rays Bible studdies he put it all very simply when he quoted Paul and said that these people have an evil heart of unbelief, and its that simple.
For instance a very simple yet profound prophecy and declaration From Jesus Christ, Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
For a long time I just read this scripture and just thought of it as part of Christs sermon on the mount to his disciples, and like most Christians just thought of it as a compassionate statement. But in this brief and simple verse, Christ is saying so much to us. Its actually another proof scripture that God will save ALL of mankind. If just one person goes to an eternal hell to be tormented and tortured for all eternity, then this scripture is a lie. What comfort can there be for a mourning family if their loved one is in hell? None at all. Jesus Christ said those who mourn shall be comforted, I profoundly believe that. Mainstream Christians do not. In fact, I know of many that are only too happy to tell a grieving family that a tragically lost loved one is being tortured in hell.
I recently had an email exchange with one such heretic who claims to be a minister (after two emails I responded no more). He actually asked the question "do you believe this nonesense because you have lost someone? My best friend recently lost his unsaved father, who is now in hell. He is struggling but I have told him he needs to deal with it and start loving God or he could share the same fate." For the life of him he could not see the monstrous evil in what he was saying. The mainstream Christian message is no different to the message of an insane genocidal dictator like Hitler or Saddam "love me or I will torture you forever". There is no deeper depravity.

rjsurfs

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

David,

Good catch.  I find this same message over and over... the good news is everywhere. 

Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Just to add to your observation... even non-believers mourn... they too shall be comforted.

Another one that is a favorite of a friend of mine:
Mat 21:31  Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

The first will be last and the last will be first... but all will be in the kingdom.

Bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »

Yes! I agree with Bobby, good catch David!

"Those that mourn," that should just about cover everybody.

I had a thought about what Chris wrote earlier about Satan being a part of God's plan and purpose and not some aberration that deviated (rebelled) from God's intent for his perfection (fall of "Lucifer"). The God we are learning of, the One who is revealing Himself to us does not get taken by surprise nor is He thrwarted by His creation, He is in control.

These words from Jesus underline this to my way of thinking;

Joh 6:70  Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve and one of you is a devil?

Peace,

Joe

Roy Monis

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »

Hi Chris,

SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED

Satan entered Eden as "that Old Serpent [Satan]" and deceived Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. Satan didn’t sneak into the garden against God’s will. He performed a needful task with our first parents. God knew what Satan was going to do to Adam and Eve. God did not try to prevent it. It is all part of God’s master plan.

Just as God has provided food for mankind, He has also provided food for Satan. And just what kind of food does Satan dine on?  Satan dines on mankind.

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and DUST SHALL YOU EAT all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

This is, of course a parable. That "serpent" in the garden was none other than

"…that OLD SERPENT, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world…" (Rev. 12:9).

And this is the same serpent that "deceived" Eve.

Man is the "dust of the earth" upon which Satan dines: "The first man [Adam] is of the earth, earthy [dust]…" (I Cor. 15:47). Man IS ‘dust.’

"…for DUST you are, and unto DUST shall you return" (Gen. 3:19).

When God told the serpent devil Satan that he would eat DUST, He was telling him that he would eat MAN (adam). And this is exactly what Peter tells us in his epistle:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Gk: swallow down/eat]" (I Pet. 5:8).

Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.

Satan even had King David for dinner:

"And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel" (I Chron. 21:1).

But always remember, Satan never operates beyond his God-given parameters as we will see in the case of Job.

God gave Satan charge over Job, his body, and all his possessions, to try him severely before God:

"And the Lord said unto SATAN, Behold, he [Job] is in your hand; but save his life" (Job 2:6).

It was GOD’S idea to severely try Job, not Satan’s. But Satan took strict orders from God as to just how he could try Job. Satan got permission from God at each and every step of this severe trying of Job. Do we think God does it differently today? Do we think Satan now has "free reign"- "free will?" Do we think that God "changes?" Nonsense: "For I am the LORD, I change not…" (Mal. 3:6).

David prayed for God to use Satan in judging his enemies:

"Set you a wicked man over him: and let SATAN stand at his right hand" (Psalm 109:6).

Are not these activities of Satan necessary? Does God use Satan for no good purpose? Then why can’t men see that God also CREATED Satan for these very purposes?

Satan is constantly finding fault with God’s Chosen ones:

"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and SATAN standing at his right hand to resist [accuse] him" (Zech. 3:1).

Remember, Satan can do NOTHING without God’s approval. When God completed His creating, He said

"And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD…" (Gen. 1:31).

Peace,

Joe

Hi! Joe

I said I was going to rest up for a bit, but reading this post has forced my hand. You are so very right, when people are given the message they just can't see it. What you are saying is what the Scripture are saying, it's what Ray's teachings are saying and it's what I tried to put across but failed abysmally in doing. The human mind in us harbours both the Spirit and Satan's larder labeled by Ray as the "Beast Within." This is where Satan stores all his goodies and this is the part of us that is in constant enmity with the Spirit. Satan can do nothing in the Light, for example, he'd starve if he had to search for food in the Light of the first Commandment so he has to come where his food is in the second, DUST.

Those who by the grace of God are given the Spirit, are now commanded to bring this bag of Satan's goodies from the darkness within into the glorious Light where we clothed in the armour of God can do battle. While the beast remains within us in darkness, we on our own can do nothing and our sins which are character flaws and Satan's stored goodies appear to be unsurmountable. This is why our loving God has promised us a way out; “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (Jn.14:18). What other reason would He have had to have made that promise? He knew He was leaving us defenseless.

In the light of the Spirit's presence in us these character flaws now become just a little more than peanuts because He that is within us is greater than him without but we must play according to the rules. Carnal against spirit (the beast within) in darkness spells death but Spirit against spirit (the beast within) in the glorious Light spells Life. He has to be brought into the Light for the Spirit to do anything, and that is something that only we can do if we have a true desire to do it.

You are so right Joe and from what I see everyone appears to be drawing circles round it and not getting the meat. How sad!       :'(

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Triton

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 02:16:11 AM »

Hi All,

Just to add something as well....

If the worms are going to eat the unsaved in hell, as many 'christians' believe, and this thus being literal, are these worms then just going to keep munching away into all eternity without these bodies ever dying or not exist anymore?

If given enough time, like eternity, I guess a worm would be able to fully consume a body many times its size. So, eventually the worm would be able to eat up the unsaved in hell. UNLESS, the unsaved's bodies were regenerative which would allow this torture of the worms to never end. The worms munch away on your legs, until they're almost gone, and then tackle your arms. While busy with the arms, your legs grow back, so that the whole process can repeat itself again and again....

The question which arises from this is, where does the regenerative power come from. Where does the healing of the worm eaten bodies come from, in order for the worms not to run out of bodies to feed of? At some point these bodies according to the laws of physics, must die. But according to Christian doctrine, these bodies don't. They just get eaten and eaten and eaten.....

Do you guys think the worms will be happy? ;)

Take care all!

OBrenda

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »

Do you guys think the worms will be happy? ;)

If they have the sin of Glutton! ;D

Kent

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »

Just like regenerative buckets of KFC, pizza, and Little Debbies(TM).

It's amazing what these "biblical literaists" choose to take literally. They seem to have a kind of pride in calling themselves "literalists". But I used to call myself that too... :-[
out of some kind of warped pride.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.