bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 5952 times)

Bob Miller

QUESTION
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:22:47 PM »

Is anyone aware of a scripture that states something like this: "Some will enter into the door and some will enter in another way"

This particular verse would be alluding to everyone being saved eventually

Thanks

ertsky

QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »

Hi Bob

it is only through Christ that God is dealing with man

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

and right glad i am about that :)

however the scripture (Christ the Living Word) also teaches

Phi 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phi 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phi 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

and

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

it's good news to say the least indeed the best news these tired old ears have ever heard.

or are these new young ears after all

f

Bob Miller

QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »

God Bless you ertsky!

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.  Hebrews 13:20-21

Brother Bob

Laren

QUESTION
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 11:07:33 PM »

I thot of this scripture, is this maybe what u were thinking of ???

Joh 10:16  and other sheep I have that are not of this fold, these also it behoveth me to bring, and my voice they will hear, and there shall become one flock--one shepherd.

chrissiela

QUESTION
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:19:58 AM »

Joh 10:1  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Not sure if that's the verse you were thinking of?

Chrissie

Bob Miller

QUESTION
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 11:14:24 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela
Joh 10:1  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Chrissie

Yes that's the one! Now my question is this: How is this scripture to be interpeted since the thieves and robbers will eventually be saved?

orion77

QUESTION
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »

(Joh 10:1)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

(Joh 10:6)  This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

(Joh 10:7)  Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8)  All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9)  I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture.

(Joh 10:10)  The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

(Joh 10:11)  I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.

(Joh 10:12)  He that is a hireling, and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, beholdeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth, and the wolf snatcheth them, and scattereth them:

(Joh 10:13)  he fleeth because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

(Joh 10:14)  I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own, and mine own know me,

(Joh 10:15)  even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

(Joh 10:16)  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.

(Joh 10:17)  Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again.

(Joh 10:18)  No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment received I from my Father.

Verse 8, He said all that came before Him were thieves and robbers.  Could this be talking about the two covenants?  The mosaic law was fulfilled in Him.  We are no longer under the law but grace.

He, now is the door, not the law.  The law condemns one as a thief or a robber, but Jesus came not to condemn, but to save.  That is the way I see it.

God bless,

Gary

ertsky

QUESTION
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 11:42:11 PM »

Hi Bob

Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

orthodox christianity is decieved into thinking well it's heaven for the christians and hell of torture for the unbelievers

but what did Jesus say

Mat 4:16  The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
Mat 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

many are called few are chosen

but does that mean it is all over for the called?

no way

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

so the chosen must allow Christ to be faithful in them (endure to the end), they enter by the Door, that Door is Christ

they suffer with Him and are comforted in Him now

they endure the fiery trials now

the rest that will not have Him to rule over them will rethink their position on the rulership of Christ in this way

Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

are we talking a literal lake of literal fire

no way

we have already seen

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

but each in His own order

so

well i recommend a good cup of tea and a read of the lake of fire series

both Ray and Mike have so much good teaching material and of course

Joh 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9  Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10  Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11  Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Joh 16:12  I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15  All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:16  A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

He is not far from any one of us

Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

well i remember saying to God, that's it i give up, it can never be, i will never be a christian, as much as i would love to be yours all yours i cannot be yours....

that's when i heard someone singing

King of kings and Lord of lords...

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

f

chrissiela

QUESTION
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 05:36:51 PM »

Quote from: Bob Miller
Quote from: chrissiela

Chrissie

Yes that's the one! Now my question is this: How is this scripture to be interpeted since the thieves and robbers will eventually be saved?

Bob,

Note that it is the SHEEPFOLD that the thief and robber have entered into… not the City/Kingdom/New Jerusalem.

As I see it we have ALL been reconciled to the Father through Christ…. And whether we ‘wake or sleep’ we live TOGETHER with Him…. for He is Lord of BOTH the living AND THE DEAD:

Rom 14:9  For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
    [/list:u]

So, as I see it, all have entered into the SHEEPFOLD… but some have come in as ‘thieves and robbers’ … not having come through the door (which is Christ).

(Even though technically, all come in through Christ… in that all things are accomplished by and through and for HIM…. and it was IN/THROUGH CHRIST that the world was/is reconciled.)

Just seeing that we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH….. and until FAITH comes (Christ being the author and finisher) we are thieves and robbers…. If that makes any sense…

Chrissie

Bob Miller

QUESTION
    « Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:00:27 PM »

Thank you all for loving Jesus and feeding his sheep :D You guys are great   :wink:

jennifer

John 10:1
    « Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »

Those that climbeth up some other way would also be of Abraham's seed (John 8:37), namely the Pharisees and Sadducces.   They are spoken of as false prophets in sheeps clothing in Matt. 7:15, and they also represent the bad sheperds of Ezek. 34:2-4.  They were considered the thiefs and robbers portrayed in Matt. 23:25 who will be purified in the judgement mentioned in  Mal 3:2,3,5.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.