bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself.  (Read 6153 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Please allow me to introduce myself.
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:22:43 PM »

Hi, all.  I guess this is the right forum to post this.

I came to Bible-Truths.com following a google ad from some website that didn't have anything to do with the bible, spiritual things, God or anything much worth thinking about.  I didn't know I was on a spiritual quest at all.  I was just bored and feeling 'onery' so I figured I would go check out the nutcase and entertain myself for a few minutes.

The first thing I saw were the letters to the TV evangelists and I thought, "This ought to be pretty cool." as I am no fan of them myself.  But when I opened them to read, I was astounded not to find some spiteful diatribe, but a thorough and well-presented 'replacement' for all their error.  Truth is, it began immediately to replace my own, because I believed many of the things that Ray was showing to be heresy, having been raised in Southern Baptist churches and baptized two or three times. 

I guess I had a little light back in those days and could see where things didn't match up, but I didn't have enough to 'replace' error with truth.  So like any good cutting-edge theologian, I sort of made up my own doctrine that made believing in eternal torment and free will slightly more palatable as a tried, tried, tried to be a good Christian.  Eventually I fell away from church and before long was living like a whitewashed pig.  I've remained there for 25 years or so.  From time to time, God seemed to be calling me back, but mostly I just wanted Him to leave me alone.  "Whatever you see fit to do, God, just do it and don't bother me."

Anyway, the more I read, the more I hungered to know.  The more I hungered, the more God fed me through Ray.  Before I'd finished that first letter, I was overwhelmed--crying, shaking, pacing through the house digesting the Word and scrambling back for another helping.  How can you not love a God who loved the world by sending His Son to die on the cross for everyone?  How can you not humble yourself before a God who humbled himself to become a man and walk among us--who humbled Himself to death?  I stayed at it all night long and by the morning was believing the good news.

For me, it wasn't the 'undermining' of orthodoxy that drew me to believe--it was the very scripture of God rightly divided and explained.  Though much--most, even--of this stuff (pardon the rough word) is new to me, it isn't the 'newness' that's brought me to believe--it's the very ancientness of it.  This isn't the NEW new wine.  If it was, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with it.  I'll leave the NEW to the New-Agers and Mormons.  Instead, it's the REAL new wine.  Some may know that old song 'Give me that old time religion'?  Remember the verse that says, 'It was good for Paul and Silas.  It's good enough for me.'?  If Paul believed this doctrine, then its one I can believe too with confidence, whether or not Ray did.

What a huge undertaking Ray has embarked on!  To have studied and medidated on the word to the extent he has is daunting.  To take on centuries and layers of ever-evolving heresy in hundred of Denomonations and innumerable Theologies-of-one with the boldness he exhibits is courageous and so helpful to those still seeking God in Babylon.  But to teach and preach the Gospel in doing these things is glorious.  Thank you, Ray, and all who aide him.

I cannot say I understand everything.  For that reason, I don't want to recieve this teaching as if it were a 'creed' or a 'catechism'.  I don't want to swallow it whole, and truly couldn't even if I wanted to.  Shouldn't, in either case.  If a man teaches a doctrine he doesn't believe, he's a vile creature.  If a man doesn't believe what he says he believes, he's a hypocrite.  But if he doesn't really believe what he believes, he's a fool.  I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, feel free to correct me if I mis-speak.  Smack me on the head if I spout the wrong stuff.  I've been in a brawl or two before.  I can take the licking and keep on ticking.

Sorry for being so long-winded.  If the Lord wills, more 'me-stuff' will dribble out as we get to know each other.  For now, I'm just an almost 52-year-old man with enough old hippy-freak still in me to feel young and not be too codgerly.  I'm chock full of sin and looking forward to getting rid of it in whatever manner my Lord chooses.  I love music, play a little guitar and write songs, and I'm not as good-looking as I used to be. 

My internet is spotty, but I'll try to be around as often as I can.  I've already spent some time reading the forums, so I feel like I know some of you already--and love you in spite of that.  ;)

Love to you all.  I look forward to fellowship with you.       

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

Hi Dave,

I really enjoyed reading your post.  Your personality really comes through.  Your Journey and Reaction here to BT sounds very similar! ;D  So you will continue to be BLESSED!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »

Hi Dave,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)  That was a really nice intro.
As for your background in the church, having been raised in Southern Baptist churches and baptized two or three times.  Me too, I was baptized as a child of 12 or so an again when I went to the WWCG, but God didn't give me the good sense to leave and I stayed in the chuirch for 25 yrs  :P

I stumbled onto Ray's teachings and I know what you mean about finding the BT site, the more I read, the more I hungered to know.  The more I hungered, the more God fed me through Ray.  I was glued to the computer, for literally months I spent every spare minute reading on BT.

What can I say about Ray, he is a dear friend that God has prepared to do this work and he really is perfect for it  8)

I look forward to discussing his teachings with you and hope we share many uplifting posts.

Here are a few links you might like to check out.

Check out the forum rules, it will help you understand how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Audios  
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »

Hi Dave,
That was a cool story. I was also overwhelmed when the scriptures came to light for me.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

mrl1970

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »

Hi Dave in Tenn
  Welcome. So where in Tenn are you from?

carol v

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »

Hey Dave,

Reading your intro was great. Did we know each other in highschool ;)

I still have enough hippy freak left in me that my teenagers get along with me pretty well. I had the same reaction to Ray's site that I also found by accident. We are the same age. And I'm just not as good looking as I used to be either. ;D

I was baptized 3 times, fell away from the church because I just couldn't understand the logic and lived, at times, like a white-washed pig. And I love music -- I'm having a mid-life resurgence of my love of Bob Dylan right now after seeing "I'm Not There." Listening to the soundtrack from No Direction Home with all the alternative versions of long time favorites. Humming "When the Ship Comes In" right now.

Oh, and we're both from states that start with T-e. Guess that all makes us fast friends. Welcome to the site!

carol v

Samson

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »

Hello Dave,

Glad you joined our fellowship, Ray has some very informative Audio and written transcripts of his teachings that will benefit you in preparation of your contribution when posting at this Forum. While posting this message to you, I'm listening to Ray's Audio regarding Does all mean all, Greek word PAS and how we don't need to rely on this word exclusively meaning everyone when proving the Eventual Salvation of everyone. Anyway, fasten your seat belt and prepare yourself for this uplifting Spiritual journey and do partake of the bountiful Spiritual feast prepared at this table. The Spiritual food at this table is plentiful and filled with all the nutrients we need for our Spiritual Health. Isn't it wonderfull to know that Jesus really is the Savior of the World(1John.4:14) and that God wills that none will Perish, but all will attain repentance. (2Peter.3:9).

By the way, I don't have any intention to brawl with you,  ;D ;D ;D, I'm getting too old for that,  ;), I have some EX-Wives that do a good job of it,  ::) ::) ::)

Your Brother, Samson.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 01:49:36 AM »

Thanks all.

mrl1970, I live in Northeast West Tennessee about a mile from the river and not too far from the Kentucky line, out in the country with a dialup connection.

Carolv, looks like we did more than just go to High School together...I think we may be twins born from different mothers.  Bob is definately a favorite of mine too.  Nice to meet you--too bad you're a Texan.   ;D

Thanks for the links, Kat.  I'm glad the audios are downloadable (and not too awfully huge).  I'm woring on one now as I type.  Can't wait to put a voice to the words.  I see that some of them run in series, but is there any real wisdom in starting from the beginning?  If not, is there one you think would be a good basic one?  I've been amazed, as small questions have entered my mind, at how they seem to be answered quickly even if I'm just clicking around at random.  Not even my mouse has free-will! 

Samson, there's a name I wouldn't want to brawl with, but if it should happen, I'll remember your age.   :D 

84% Downloaded.  Go, modem, GO!

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 02:22:10 AM »

:D Welcome Dave in Tennessee!
Glad you've joined us! What topic, or article, has had the most impression upon you so far?
Sincerely,
Joyce :)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 03:42:25 AM »

Joyce, given some thought to your question.  I've just been around the website for a couple of months and have read almost all the articles, as well as a lot of the emails (where Ray often encapsulates stuff more fully expounded in other places) and some of these forums as well.  It would be hard for me to pinpoint a particular article that's had the most effect on me, but I think it was the letters to Hagee and that other fellow that did the initial work on me for reasons I explained in my first post.

In terms of topic, there's little doubt that the scriptural explanations of God's plan to save all mankind has brought to me the greatest joy.  It hasn't just enabled me or allowed me to fall back in love with God, it has produced that love. 

In the end, though, I really don't want to reduce the Gospel into theological talking points or paragraphs in a creed.  That kind of stuff is for Republicans and Theologians.  Some of the stuff I've read here I have been convinced of (or recieved) nearly instantly with tremendous joy.  Some I am growing to understand.  Some I am recieving with pain, but still with joy.  Some I don't understand (yet).  Some I am very sure I have yet to encounter.

All, however, I am faced with obeying.  Hearing and understanding comes first, faith to believe follows, Grace to obey follows that.  God is working all three in my life right now, but it's my hope that the testimony of you guys and ladies will provide support in obedience.  I also hope I am able to help any of you pull the wagon.

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »

Hi! Dave in Tenn

What a great intro. I'd be honoured and truly humbled if you'd help me pull my wagon as you so amiably put it. This site really does need more guys of the stuff (pardon the expression) that radiates from your post. Your input will I'm sure be a big asset to this forum, and I for one do give you a hearty WELCOME brother.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 03:46:59 PM »

:D that's great, Dave! Glad that you've found us.

It's quite the process, is it not? Having your whole foundation smashed by words in scripture that were there all along?

Looking forward to your posts!

Sincerely,

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 12:16:24 AM »

Thanks, Roy.  I hope we can be built up in Christ together.

Joyce, what you said reminds me of a story.  I'll have to tell it later.

joyful1

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »

8) Dave--
We are all waiting for your story....

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »

Joyce, I guess I should have told it then, because now I've forgotten what it was.   ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.