bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voting?  (Read 5180 times)

OBrenda

Voting?
« on: July 01, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »

Just wondering if Ray has any teachings or opinions on Voting?

Thanks,
Brenda

rjsurfs

Re: Voting?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:49:03 PM »

Hi Brenda,

Here is one email:
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7290.0.html

I believe we are to be set apart from the world... I do not participate in these things.

Bobby
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:02:00 PM by Bobby Proctor »

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »

I will vote and hope for the best.

Eileen

Kent

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:56:28 PM »

Voting is a farce. People put the democrats in power in the futile hope that they would follow through on their promises. Gee, I sure am glad I didnt hold my breath waiting for that to happen  ::)

The same thing happens when people choose republicans to put the brakes on democrats.

It is an illusion of choice, not a real choice. It gets worse no matter who is (s)elected.

Stevernator

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »

Ray made a good point about can you imagine Jesus voting for the lesser of two evils. Well there was one of the lesser known candidates that I couldn't find any evil in so maybe Ill vote for that one.

KristaD

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »

Voting isn't real. It's an illusion carried out to please the mindless masses and make them think they're free. They made this perfectly clear when Al Gore WON but Bush was elected by the electoral college who ACTUALLY chooses the president. I believe that all voting is rigged and our votes are never even considered. Needless to say, I have never voted on anything and don't ever plan to. It's a very good point that we would only be choosing the lesser of two evils anyway and that it's only an illusion of choice to begin with.

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »

Hello Brenda,

Here is a link to this very same topic that was discussed a little while ago. Good stuff especially by Craig at the end...

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7099.0.html

Thanks,

Marques

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 01:05:10 AM »

Thanks Everyone,

WOW that was Simple...
Looks like my Husband, the only non christian in the family who doesn't know the Bible is right again.  (He never bought the Trinity)  So I won't be wasting any more time voting either.
That leaves me more time to bother you guy's with questions ;D ;D ;D 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:06:24 AM by OBrenda »

carol v

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »

I will probably go vote for the Libertarian candidate because the Libertarians represent the ideals that I wish America could live by. But I know that God is in total control and the "will" of my vote means nothing.

I have voted in every election since I was old enough and have never voted for the democrat or the republican.

C.

Linny

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »

My husband and I were SO big into politics before. There we were, two idiots cheering for the "Christian" President Bush at a campaign party. UGH  ::)  :-[
Now the veil has been lifted there along with the truth of the Gospel.
We just don't drink the Kool-Aid anymore.
I think political rhetoric is just a great distraction keeping Christians too busy to take care of God's sheep.
All these organizations just take your money like the churches and pad people's pockets.
Clearly, nothing changes with either party that is in office. And Jesus did not concern Himself with the politics of His time.

Linny

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »

Hi Linny

Yeah, I dragged my Husband to vote last election.  His first and only time, he's 50 years old.  We voted for Bush, thinking he needed to finish this war.  So much for thinking!  I guess when you believe God is watching us with hands off, you believe you will be accountable for the outcome.  Now we know all is in God's hands, and he is doing a work!

I Love your comment line, when coming to America it became a business...Very Clever!
Brenda ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.