bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Treasure in Heaven  (Read 6481 times)

hillsbororiver

Treasure in Heaven
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

I absolutely loved what Ray wrote as he was concluding the latest installment of the "Hell" series.

HELL Part E--HADES & THE SECOND DEATH http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm

"In today's world of Christendom, it is hardly admitted that the life of a Believer is to be one of tribulations and trials, pain and suffering, sorrow and death. It is rather taught that Believers are to be healthy, wealthy, worldly, and wise. After all, who wants to live a life of "dying?" If the Christian life of overcoming is such a great life, why not live it FOREVER? No, our goal is to GET OUT OF THIS LIFE."

Isn't this mindset of prosperity in the here and now the absolute opposite of what Christ has taught us?

Mat 6:19  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal:

Mat 6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

Re: Treasure in Heaven
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:40:41 PM »

Joe...I Love that you shared this.
As God has been dealing with me to get rid of the things I don't need.  Sad to say most people only use 20% of what they have.  Most earthly material things that we have cost more than we know to posses them.  I know people who have spent several thousands of dollars to protect their possesions in their home, with video cameras, and alarms.

I don't want to own anything I have to worry about someone stealing.  The only sure bank account is in heaven.

Our possesions, should not be possesing our time, thoughts, worries, and more money that may be put to better use!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »

Hi Joe,

I can remember a verse that the church used a lot before taking up an offering.

Mal 3:9  Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
v. 10  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Of course they believe this "tithes" was talking about money and the "I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" was talking about great 'physical' blessings - prosperity.  But this is what Ray says about these Scriptures.

http://bible-truths.com/tithing.html ----------------------

If there is no spiritual application of these statements and we rather take them literally, there appears to be a contradiction here. Why should the people bring the tithes to the "storehouse" (a granary for storing grain) when what God wanted was "bread in His house," (the tabernacle/Temple, and not the "storehouse")? The only food in God’s house—the tabernacle, was a dozen loaves of bread. And that bread was for the Priests only, not for the tribe of Levi. Since there were only twelve loaves of bread in the Tabernacle/Temple of God, are we to believe that the whole nation of Israel did not bring enough grain to the storehouse to make even twelve loaves of bread?

God does not contradict Himself, there needs to be something other than a need for enough grain from the whole nation of Israel to make twelve loaves of bread! Just what does God mean, "that there may be meat [bread] in Mine house?" Is God really reprimanding Christians of the 21st Century through Malachi’s prophecy to bring our checkbooks to church, "that there may be money in Mine house?" Yet this is the teaching of the Church regarding Malachi’s message. What is the Truth?

Does God ask Israel to bring all the tithes and offerings into the storehouse, or treasury, or granary, so that there will be "tithes and offerings in Mine house?" No. God says so, "that there may be meat in Mine house?" We know that they did not bring the tithes and offerings into the holy place of the tabernacle. Only bread was kept in the holy place. The "bread" in the holy place was a type of something future, just as everything that happened to Israel and all of their offerings and ceremonies were a type of something future (I Cor. 10:11). He must indeed be spiritual blind who cannot see that the "bread" in the holy place foreshadows "The True Bread of Life—Jesus Christ."

If God wanted more money in His house, why did Jesus do what He did in the House of God?

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the MONEY changers… and said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves" (Matt. 21:12-13).
----------------------------------------------------------

John 6:50  This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
v. 51  I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »

Amen, Guys.  This is the most perplexing strain of current Chistianity to me. 

OBrenda, here's a parable from my own life.  When I first took my on-the-road job, I had put my stuff into storage and just decided to keep it there until I could find a permanant place to live.  That took longer than I thought, and I just kept sending checks to the storage facility month after month.

Theives broke in and stole just about everything of value (stereo, golf clubs, other electronics) and I didn't even notice until I went to move it all out.  I had spent over $1000 to store old furniture that, if sold, wouldn't have raised me $250.  And my refridgerator never worked again.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Stevernator

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »

I really enjoy this teaching that Lord Jesus gives us. One of the reasons I like it is because it shows that our greatest desire should be God. To me it shows why wordly philosophies such as Buddhism falls short. That religion proposes the end to suffering in the cessation of desires. However here, Jesus shows that when our desire is directed towards heavenly treasure, it bears good fruit.

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »

Hi! Joe

Excellent post.

If those without the mark of the beast were stopped from buying or selling today, then I for one, would be well on my way to starvation because my earthly larder is restocked day by day and there is nothing of any value in reserve.  But by the grace of God I am hoping that my balance sheet in His kingdom will be enough to make me rich.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »

Perhaps I should have started a new topic but we are told to seek after the treasures of heaven ....as I read today email to Ray titled 'You Fool" and thought about this clueless 18 yr rebuking Ray on Tithes.

He can't be wrong....Tithing on his minimal wage job after all got him a full scholarship at a Christian College with only a 3.1.

Perhaps the god of this earth is giving him what he wants because God wants him to go deep into babylon.

Like Ray says, he may begin to eat these words sooner than he thought. He is certainly going to have to fight for the tithe now if he expects to be paid in the future.

It is the spiritual that is important not the physical......but they are blind to it

Beloved

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »

These two thing have i require of Thee,
Deny them not before I die
 "Remove far from me vanity and lies"
Give me neither poverty nor riches
Feed me with food convinent for me unless i would be full,
And deny thee and say "who is the Lord",
Or unless i be poor and steal, Dishonering the name of my God

Proverbs 30:8-9

I reckon while we are here, God show us all mercy, and supply our needs
And God grant us repentence, that we should store up treasure in heaven.

Peace

Chris R

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »

:D Scary, for me at least, but true:

What do we REALLY need, in this world, and in the world to come?
Food and clothing.

The Bread of Life and the robe of righteousness. Eternally available.
End/Beginning of Story! :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 03:40:30 PM »

Solomon knew a thing or two about earthly treasure;

Ecclesiastes 5

10He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.

11When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?

12The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.

13There is a sore evil which I have seen under the sun, namely, riches kept for the owners thereof to their hurt.

14But those riches perish by evil travail: and he begetteth a son, and there is nothing in his hand.

15As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand.

16And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go: and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind?

Peace,

Joe

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »

Hi! Joe

I agree with those words of wisdom and would further add these to them. "
Do Not Love the World

"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us. But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth."
(1Jn.2:15-21).

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

Hi! Joe

Solomon indeed knew a thing or two about heavenly things and I believe John did as well.

Do Not Love the World

"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us. But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth."   (1Jn.2:15-21).

These prosperity preachers are none other than the prophesied anti-christs who profess to believe, think they believe and behave as though they believe.... but....but as Ray would say, they lie, they are LIARS. They came out from amongst us but were not truly of us.

God bless you brother and sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

digitalwise

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

Here's an item from the Ohio newspaper The Lima News, February 1929, which deplores the get-rich-quick attitudes of some who were exploiting those who had to sell their homes at unreasonably low prices in order to eat during the economic crash:

"There is a depressed market. If any of our stock-gambling filthy rich want a winter home, now is the time to acquire it."

As time went on the negative associations have softened somewhat. It has become to mean "extremely rich" rather than "dishonourably rich", although there may still be a trace of an unfavourable implication associated with it.

Here are the verses found in the KJV and most likely the "real" sources as the english evolved over the centuries:

1 Timothy 3:3
Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1 Timothy 3:2-4 (in Context) 1 Timothy 3 (Whole Chapter)

Titus 1:7
For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Titus 1:6-8 (in Context) Titus 1 (Whole Chapter)

Titus 1:11
Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.Titus 1:10-12 (in Context) Titus 1 (Whole Chapter)

Titus here is rebuking FALSEHOOD teachers who use their corruption in the Word of God for FINANICIAL gain!

1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1 Peter 5:1-3 (in Context) 1 Peter 5 (Whole Chapter)

"So what is new under the sun"  ;)

digitalwise
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:32:34 PM by digitalwise »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.