bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About Me  (Read 6684 times)

Sozo

About Me
« on: July 03, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »

Hello everyone,

I guess it's time I introduce myself.  My name is Jason Lucas....married for 16 years with 3 children.  I have posted some family pics on the "Who am I" board.  Although I don't post a lot, I visit the boards regularly and feel like I know some of you well just from reading your post.  Thank you all for sharing.

As for me....well, God used an atheist to bring me out of Babylon.  I have always been affiliated with the Southern Baptist and believed everything as they taught without question until about 2 1/2 years ago when I stumbled across an atheist video on youtube titled, "The God Who Wasn't There".  After watching this video, I became determined to prove this guy wrong and thus began my research.  During my research, I came across Ray's paper that he wrote to the seminary student.  From that point on, I could not get enough of this "truth."  I have researched and studied much of Ray's teaching and the more I study, the more I want to study.  God has truly given him wisdom and understanding. 

I praise God for this marvelous truth that he has shown all of us and I look forward to talking with all of you more.  I also have a website and a youtube account that I use to share this truth.  If you would like to check it out, the address is http://www.sozoproductions.org and youtube is http://www.youtube.com/user/sozo2.

OBrenda

Re: About Me
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »

Hi Jason,
I just saw your pictures of your family.  You certainly are Blessed!  Your the first person I heard that God used an Atheist to bring him to the truth...Amazing! I will check out your sites you listed.  Hope to chat more with you!

(How much did your Cat take you for playing cards?) ;D
Brenda

Stevernator

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »

Hey Jason,

I watched some of your videos and they are really great. Keep up the good work.

Steve

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »

Hey Jason,

Just checked out your Site... very Nicely Done My Brother! ;D

Great Look, Organized and User Friendly, Not to mention the AWESOME Teachings.  Pasted to my favorite to share with friends.  May I ask whence the name Sozo?

A Great Work,
Brenda

Sozo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »

Thanks for the comments Brenda.  The word Sozo is Greek for Saved.

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »

G4982  σώζω  Sōzō
Thayer Definition:
1) to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
1a) one (from injury or peril)
1a1) to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
1b1) to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
1b) to save in the technical biblical sense
1b1) negatively
1b1a) to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment
1b1b) to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance
Part of Speech: verb

Good Name choice Sozo,

I liked your web site and look forward to hearing more from you,
What part of the country do you and your family live?

beloved

Sozo

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »

Thanks for showing the definitions Beloved. 

My wife and I both grew up in Alabama, but 5 years ago we were moved to North Carolina.  We live in the mountainous South West Corner of NC in Asheville.  If you know where the Smoky Mountain National Park is, we are not far from there.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »

Hi Jason,

I glad you have joined us  :)
I've visited the Smokey Mt. a couple of times and loved it up there.
It is funny the different way God uses to wake us up to His truth.  I think it was an atheist's comments at a website that really made me start to think about some of things that the church taught too.  I was in a southern Baptist church for many yrs, but I truely don't think I could appreciate this Truths as much without having been there first.

I visited your website and I was impressed, good job on that.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »

Hey you are not too far away. I live about 45 min south of nashville and there are three others who live 10 mintues north of the city.

So you are close to Gatlinburg, Dollywood and the Biltmore estate in N.C. 

Enjoyed your family pictures,

(Psa 127:3)  Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
(Psa 127:4)  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
(Psa 127:5)  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:

beloved

Samson

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

Hello everyone,

I guess it's time I introduce myself.  My name is Jason Lucas....married for 16 years with 3 children.  I have posted some family pics on the "Who am I" board.  Although I don't post a lot, I visit the boards regularly and feel like I know some of you well just from reading your post.  Thank you all for sharing.

As for me....well, God used an atheist to bring me out of Babylon.  I have always been affiliated with the Southern Baptist and believed everything as they taught without question until about 2 1/2 years ago when I stumbled across an atheist video on youtube titled, "The God Who Wasn't There".  After watching this video, I became determined to prove this guy wrong and thus began my research.  During my research, I came across Ray's paper that he wrote to the seminary student.  From that point on, I could not get enough of this "truth."  I have researched and studied much of Ray's teaching and the more I study, the more I want to study.  God has truly given him wisdom and understanding. 

I praise God for this marvelous truth that he has shown all of us and I look forward to talking with all of you more.  I also have a website and a youtube account that I use to share this truth.  If you would like to check it out, the address is http://www.sozoproductions.org and youtube is http://www.youtube.com/user/sozo2.

Hello Jason(Sozo),

I appreciated your Post, in some cases it takes an Atheist to get a sincere thinking person to find God's truth. It's my understanding that a large percentage of people that leave my former denomination (JW's) of twenty years either become agnostic or atheist. They were convinced that they had the true "Religion" and since they found this to be seriously flawed and the other denominations just as bad or worse, now they want better proof of God's existence and become much more cautious and skeptical. Of course this is God's Plan for them, but it's always interesting to discuss the Causes that led to these choices(effects). When I left my denomination of twenty years, I didn't join anymore "churches", however, I didn't abandon the Scriptures either, I already knew the Bible had mistakes, passages that were not in the oldest & best Manuscripts(Spurious Passages), verses rendered incorrectly, biased according to the translators persuasion;etc. I really didn't know to the full extent of these errors. That's why I appreciated Ray's point that the Bible isn't inspired, but the Original Scriptures are inspired; in his Audio: How We Got The Bible. I did much research after leaving the JW's, alot about them and research on other Bible topics.

Upon arriving at Ray's Site, although sensing a ring of truth, emotionally it was difficult for me to exclusively embrace these truths, because in the back of my mind, I said to myself: " Here we go again, someone else claiming to have all the answers, just like the Jehovah's Witnesses". I wondered if I could emotionally stand another letdown from another group claiming to have all the answers, because at one time, I thought the JW's were God's chosen channel of spiritual food. Well, I'm still here and can't get enough of Ray's Audio's and written transcripts. I admit that it's taken time to understanding these truth's and their are things that I still don't fully understand, but the Spiritual light gets brighter. Prior to coming here, I examined other Universalist Sites, but never joined any, I guess God didn't want me to.

Anyway, glad you are here with us and mighty glad that Atheist kept you from joining another denomination of Babylon. I will check out your Web-Site and look at your family pictures. Looking forward to your comments in the days to come.

Your Brother Samson.

Sozo

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 10:45:01 PM »

Beloved,

Do you and the others that live nearby ever get together for Bible study or to socialize?

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »

Dear Soza

Three to four that live up north meet every Sunday in Hendersonville. I live way south...I have not been able to make it up there very much this last year because of the my job travel and now the gas prices .

beloved

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

:D Welcome Sozo--
My sister lives very near the Smokey Mountain National Forrest-- I used to camp over near Franklin, NC  Beautiful place, especially in the Fall !

Look forward to your posts!
Joyce :)

Vangie

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

Hey Jason--
I see now that it was your introduction I had read that mentioned the Great Smokey Mountains that I had referenced in my post with my pictures!  I knew I'd recently seen that-sorry it took so long for me to realize it.  I just wanted to say thank you for your great website/youtube work also.  Wonderful companion site to link with Ray's!  I feel I might can share with some family who aren't ready for the direct and fearless teaching style that is Ray's gift.  I shared Ray's "Encouraging Word About Death" paper with my sister and mom, and it opened an e-mail conversation with my sister.  She agreed that it made sense, but it was hard to understand because it contradicts what we were taught as children that when good people die, they go to heaven.  I responded back with the scripture that says that no man has ascended but Jesus (John 3:13), and then tried to explain how the whole rapture thing didn't make sense either, because then why would Jesus be returning for his saints if they were already with him in heaven?  (She had given me the "Left Behind" book series a couple of years ago).  She didn't even want to go there; her response was to the effect of, sometimes, we just won't understand everything, but we just have to believe because it's in the Bible.  Oh how I wanted to "battle back" and say, show me where it says that there are people in heaven right now....WHERE?  But...that is not what God intended for me to do.  I do believe your site might just be what the doctor ordered.

Thanks again Sozo!
Love in Christ,
Vangie

Sozo

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »

Thanks for the comments Vangie.  You are exactly right about my site.  It is kind of like an introduction to the truth.  Then hopefully they will follow some of the links here to Ray's site.  You are welcome to share it with whomever you like.

Do you guys live close to the smokies or were you just here visiting?

Phil3:10

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »

Jason,
What a wonderful testimony you have. I have visited your website and have bookmarked it to return often. The Tale of Two Twins by Charles Slagle is a masterpiece. Thank you for such a wonderful contribution and I look forward to your posts.  I pray that many will visit your websites and that our GOD will use them as HE has Bible-Truths.com.
Phil3:10

lq1over

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »

Jason,

I loved your website keep up the good work. It puts some of the truths in a  shorter and concise format, not to avoid indepth study but to grap the attention of those whom God may be calling to his elect.

Your brother in Christ
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.