bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Are Your Own God  (Read 6344 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
You Are Your Own God
« on: March 18, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »

Dear Mr. Smith,

I get the impression from reading your postings that you have not submitted to the authority of Jesus Christ.   You are your own God.  You are just searching throughout the scripture for verses here and there that will allow man to justify his sins.     You are being deceived by Satan.

If I believed in what you believe, I would not be writing this message to you, because it wouldn’t matter since salvation comes to all.  But I happen to believe salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone.  For that reason I have to write so you will not be lost in eternity.  Though it angers me to see the deceptive interpretation of the Bible in your writings, I still love you as my Lord commands me to do so.  And it is that love that compels me to write so you will be in heaven where Jesus is when all passes away.

Sincerely,

Summer ...

(P.S.  I am a mother of two young children and do not have the opportunity to get on-line often.  Please do not be offended if I don’t respond to you in a timely fashion.)

nightmare sasuke

Re: You Are Your Own God
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 09:00:39 PM »

Quote from: Dennis Vogel
Dear Mr. Smith,

I get the impression from reading your postings that you have not submitted to the authority of Jesus Christ.   You are your own God.  You are just searching throughout the scripture for verses here and there that will allow man to justify his sins.     You are being deceived by Satan.

If I believed in what you believe, I would not be writing this message to you, because it wouldn’t matter since salvation comes to all.  But I happen to believe salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone.  For that reason I have to write so you will not be lost in eternity.  Though it angers me to see the deceptive interpretation of the Bible in your writings, I still love you as my Lord commands me to do so.  And it is that love that compels me to write so you will be in heaven where Jesus is when all passes away.

Sincerely,

Summer ...

(P.S.  I am a mother of two young children and do not have the opportunity to get on-line often.  Please do not be offended if I don’t respond to you in a timely fashion.)

“Deceptive interpretations?� That sounds like the KJV to me, and not any of Ray’s writings. By the way, salvation comes only through faith in Christ, and by the lake of fire, EVERYONE will have faith (and be saved, 1Ti 2:4) when the aions end, and every knee will bowl (Phi 2:10). STUDY! Yes, study. Search for the truth like silver (as God told Solomon), and you will find these truths one way or another. Start by downloading some interlinear literal word for word translations, buying concordances, and learning the etymology of important words like sheol, hades, gehenna, aion, etc. I recommend you download e-sword, and install the concordant literal translation. Also, download this interlinear program: http://www.scripture4all.org/ If you develop ideas different from Ray’s after hours and hours of vigorous studies (searching for silver), then prove them with Scriptural evidence (two or more witnesses)! That's my advice to you. Even if Ray is wrong, you better study to the point that you can disprove him! If you learn anything, post back later!

rvhill

You Are Your Own God
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »

Philippians 2:10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." [ Joel 2:32]

Romans 10:9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Hebrews 7:25Therefore he is able to save completely [ Or forever] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

1 Corinthians 5:5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature [ Or that his body; or that the flesh] may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord

Ephesians 2:5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

1 Peter 3:18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

1 Timothy 1:15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

2 Timothy 1:9who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Romans 11:26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Matthew 19:25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"

26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Luke 19:9Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

John 3:17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

John 10:7Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] He will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 12:47 "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
all of Romans 5, a whole chapter, not a just one or 2 verses

Yes, I am building a list. I am getting tired of fools saying I am taking things out of context, or you have to read the whole bible to get a feel for what it is saying.

gmik

you are your own god
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »

Hey, thanks for the link.  I love all the scriptures you guys post. Great stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.