bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Specially"  (Read 23030 times)

Chris R

Re: "Specially"
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »

I'm quite sure you have a point to make, so lets hear it.

I just find it to be odd that you'd take a type of people and just call them all rude.

I appologize , that wasnt my intention.  I read your explanation sounds resonable to me.

Peace

Chris R

Sozo

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »

Thank you all for the clarification.  I obviously misunderstood the motives behind this thread.  Maybe it was in the wording...I'm not sure.  One thing is for sure, though.  We are all much more clear on the meaning of the word "specially".

Paul, to you, I apologize.  Please forgive me for misunderstanding your intentions.  I understand now that your were merely trying to create healthy dialogue.

Paul

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »

Joyce, I just read your second post on my question about Titus 1:10. You cleared it up for me.

I think Paul's admonition was of "a religious" set of rules NOT of a people group: the Jews.

Sozo, no problem. I probably should've been more clear that this was basically a word play thread.

If a car is "specially" equipped on the production line does that mean that all the other cars are to be deemed obsolete and demolished??

If a computer is "specially" equipped with a braille keyboard does that mean all other keyboards are worthless and should be destroyed?

If a child is "specially" gifted in math do we then refrain from teaching the other children mathmatics?

Specially in and of itself doesn't mean exclusivity or inclusivity. It depends on the context.

The competitors are all given medals, but the gold cup is specially for the person who comes in first.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:39:01 PM by Paul »

gmik

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 01:41:20 PM »

Praise God.  I loved this thread!  What love and maturity.

Out of all the wisdom, this one is what will stick with me:

All Americans eats grits, specially those in the South!!!

NOW, I GET IT!!!!!! ;D

I think that is what I will use to tell my girlfriend- we are both Kentuckians!!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »

I think it matters whether you put sugar or gravy on your grits.

But I don't want to divide the church, so I won't mention it.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Sozo

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »

I think it matters whether you put sugar or gravy on your grits.

But I don't want to divide the church, so I won't mention it.   ;D

LOL, I like cheese on mine.

chuckt

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »

grits are great with toppings specially butter and cheese. :D :P

OBrenda

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »

Sorry...I just don't get Grits! :-X

Make my order Oatmeal Please!

joyful1

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »

oh man...you guys gotta know...
I have actually had grits mailed to me because they are so hard to find up here in Canada...and grits are not really grits unless you put butter and sugar on them....and fry up some mullet and slice some tomatoes....and make some iced tea to go with 'em!  ;D

gmik

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »

...SWEET tea, thank you! :D

chuckt

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »

oh man...you guys gotta know...
I have actually had grits mailed to me because they are so hard to find up here in Canada...and grits are not really grits unless you put butter and sugar on them....and fry up some mullet and slice some tomatoes....and make some iced tea to go with 'em!  ;D

up in minn, there isnt much eating of grits either.

im in atlanta now and i love to fry them the next day, never put sugar on them but sliced tomatoes mmm mmm good.

funny how a thread can turn to food  :P :-*

peace
chuckt

joyful1

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »

;D isn't THAT the truth, chuckt? I better get on over to Kat's gardening section....gonna need some corn and black-eyed peas and tomatoes!
Might have to go hydroponic at this late date! Growing season ends about a month earlier up here....which is why I always thought that the Canadians would be raptured first! heheheheh!!
(*that was joke guys, don't throw any tomatoes! Paul.....SPECIALLY any over-ripe ones!!!) Lol!
Joyce :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.