bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wowza. One of the most clarifying things I've read  (Read 5884 times)

Paul

Wowza. One of the most clarifying things I've read
« on: July 10, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »

"And the Adversary who is deceiving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and where the false prophet are also. And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons" (Rev. 20:10)

The Adversary, the wild beast, and the false prophet are tormented day and night in the lake of fire. These three and no one else! These are "spiritual" powers, not humans. The humans who are resurrected are judged and thrown into the lake of fire, where they do die.

http://bible-truths.com/part7.htm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:46:19 PM by Paul »

mharrell08

Hello Paul,

Can you further explain for me please? In what way does this clarify from what you originally thought?

Paul

Good question. I originally thought we were tormented day and night for the eons of the eons.

Kat

Re: Wowza. One of the most clarifying things I've read
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:45:34 PM »

Hi Paul,

The Elect are going through that judgment right now, it is the same spiritual judgment by fire, but not in wrath as at the resurrection of the dead.

1Peter 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

At the resurrection of the dead people are raised to physical life and cast into a spiritual Lake of fire/second death, which is judgment.

Eze 22:31  Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads," says the Lord GOD.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:15:17 PM »

Hey Paul.   Wowza is what I thought when I first "got it".  I always assumed people joined them for eons....Praise God for Freedom of the Truth!!

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »

The humans who are resurrected are judged and thrown into the lake of fire, where they do die.

http://bible-truths.com/part7.htm

Hi Paul...a agree with what Kat said: "At the resurrection of the dead people are raised to physical life and cast into a spiritual Lake of fire/second death, which is judgment."

I was wondering if you could please clarify for me whether you belief that they will all die, never to live again or just die to their sins - being burned away but still be saved.

Live in Christ
Heidi
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:59:30 AM by Heidi »

Paul

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »

The latter,

KristaD

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »

What a wonderful realization Paul ;D. Thanks for sharing. Isn't it amazing how the words are right there but they just don't hit us until He shows them to us? I love that and I love hearing when it happens to others.

Paul

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:09 AM »

Your welcome  :)

I don't understand why Ray doesn't say that the Lake of Fire kills us when he touches on what the Lake of Fire is in part 1 (hillsbororiver recently posted that section: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5964.0.html) As a result of that, I was under the impression that the purifying process is us being tormented for the eons of the eons.

Kat

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 11:21:55 AM »

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify your last post, when you say "the Lake of Fire kills us" it just sounds physical to me, but I don't think that's what you mean.  But when you say, "I was under the impression that the purifying process is us being tormented for the eons of the eons."

That is what will happen in the purifing process of the Lake of Fire.  Having all the evil burned out is going to be a tormenting experience for many if not most in the Lake of Fire.  For the eons of the eons, I think just means it will go on for as long as it takes to purify everybody, not that everybody will be tormented for that long.  It will be God's wrath upon the wicked and that is considered everybody that comes up in the resurrection of the dead.  Some with many stripes, some with only a few.

Luke 12:46  the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
v. 47  And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
v. 48  But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Just trying to see if we are all together on this  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.