bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Teachings  (Read 4641 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Your Teachings
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »

I stumbled across your website, and I'm glad to discover I'm not alone.  I'm 31 years old and was raised Roman Catholic, a faith of which I was a practicing member until about 13 years ago, when I had a crisis of faith.  This was my dilemma: Most Christians hold that: God loves all of humanity - God is omniscient- The vast majority of humanity will not find the way to Him

If these were all true, it means God knew when he created Adam and Eve that the overwhelming majority of these souls he "loves" would end up suffering eternal damnation in hell.  If He loved us so much, why create us in the first place?  It seemed unspeakably cruel to me to allow billions upon billions of souls He knew would not be able to live up to his standards to be born, and then turn around and damn them when they failed, just as He knew they would all along.  I could not reconcile that perceived cruelty with a loving God, so I decided I could no longer follow the "God" the Catholic Church put in front of me.  Ever since then, I considered myself an agnostic, since there was no better way to describe me.  I had always been very open to the possibility there was a God up there, I'm not an atheist.  I just didn't believe He was who the Church made Him out to be.  Your website has given me a great deal to ponder.  Thank you for showing me I'm not alone.

(V)att
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.