bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My tax collector job  (Read 4844 times)

EKnight

My tax collector job
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »

Okay, so you already know I took a new job that requires me to put restraints on bank accounts, thereby freezing most or all of an accounts funds.  I just finished my second week.  Last thursday I had to restrain an account that was a single mother who doesn't earn much money. I can get all this info looking at the account. I felt terrible about it.  I thought this poor woman may try to take her child out for a treat for the fourth of July and will be embarrassed when she finds out she can't. 

I knew she would be calling first thing Monday and she did.  I was able to release her funds today but she had to use most of what was in it to pay the restraint.  I would have done it sooner had the Law Office been more cooperative and efficient.  She called me almost everyday and one day she called me a saint and today she said I was a god.  I said not even close.

Anyway, my point is, I am really glad it was me there for her.  And there was a time where I would have been patting myself on the back for being such a good person.  But now I know that God works in me for good.  Any good traits I have I totally credit God with.  Now I am encouraged to do my job feeling less responsible for some of these people's miseries. 

Just thought I'd share that with those of you who read my "New Job" and "Tax Collector" posts.

You guys are "the bomb" as my kids used to say.

Eileen

OBrenda

Re: My tax collector job
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »

Hi Eileen,
I was just thinking about how you were making out with your job.  I was considering starting a post and then I realized Dauh..I could PM You!  You beat me to it.  I'm glad you are finding peace with your work.  Can you imagine what the wrong person in your job could do to further their misfortune?  Having both experienced being single parents, we know the challenges!  But God is Good, even in the midst of correction.

Sounds possibly like on the job training for a future Judge of the World!

Your Friend & Kindred Spirit,
Brenda

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

God has a purpose....that is exactly ........why you are working there.

beloved

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »

Yes, and like someone said in another post, hindsight is 20/20.  I was not sure about even taking the job and I think it was you beloved, that said something like if God is opening the door......

I am beginning to see it why.

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

I'm glad as well that God is giving you this encouragement.  You really are in a unique position to allow God to work IN you and THROUGH you. 

I was thinking about you as well, reading in the Gospels about how Tax Collectors and Prostitutes would be in the Kingdom before the Pharisees.  Please just tell me you are not going to test the other profession.   ;D

Love to you.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

Please just tell me you are not going to test the other profession.   ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
I envy your Wit and Charm Dave!
How's your job search going?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 11:28:03 AM »

To be honest, Brenda, I've got bigger fish to fry right now.  I've got resumes and applications out and my eyes open for 'help wanted' signs, and if any of that opens up, I'd be open.

But I am called for the time being to present myself more fully to God in this new understanding, so my intention is to give the rest of this month and August over to (practically) getting my house in order and uncluttered and (spiritually) getting my mind and spirit in order and uncluttered.

I'm not anxious (yet).  I still covet your prayers.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.