bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 5760 times)

WhoAmI

Hello...
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:39:19 AM »

Hi all,

I am new to the board, this posting board that is. I have been a long time reader of Ray's material he has written. Came across it in 2002. I like many others was an avid seeker and worker in the churches. I was becoming more and more frustrated not understanding how the scriptures and the churches conflicted. I kept thinking "I am losing my religion!" Not understanding yet that I really was and what a blessing it was to be. All at once I was hammered by God with many trials. It was a very dark time and I didn't want any more dark times, but a three year old boy help hold me together. I lost many things, I was forced to look at the beast and I knew I was no match. During this I told God he could take the whole seat, be my guest I thought. I happen to go to the library one day when I didn't have a computer yet and I went on line. In a scoff type attitude, I typed in the word "truth" and figured I'd have a good chuckle at the list. I have read and studied and prayed and whatever all my life and according to me my life has been nothing but failure after failure and struggle. Well Ray's site pops up and I actually see someone challenging the same things I am struggling with. But he is doing it with scriptures and thinking and a fearless approach. He never once offended me and I started reading every time I went back to the library. Then I started taking my change and printing off the papers. Everything was clicking like clockwork, I felt like an idiot for not seeing it myself. But I was overjoyed at the same time because I now felt free to view God as really loving. The chains of the beat down religion started coming off. I kept thinking how could I have spent so much time reading the scriptures and I missed this! There is not room to type all that I have experienced since all these events. Many times when I have felt lead I have prayed for Ray, One of the awesome things that happen was that I had a neighbor who shortly after I found this site was speaking to me about the same frustrations I had been dealing with in relation to the churches. So I told him what I had found, and this guy started reading Ray's site like crazy as well. I had DVDs of Ray teachings and shared them with this neighbor. He started having the same response as me. I can't tell you how much this man has been freed from since the first day I meet him. I am very thankful for the giant steps I have been given because of God's mercy and his work through Ray. I wanted to take the time and thank everyone involved. I know a lot of people have made this possible. And I feel blessed to be a part of it as well now.

Peace,

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:24:21 AM by Chris R »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 05:53:38 AM »

Welcome, Jeff.  Praise God for the work He's done in you and for your testimony.  It's wonderful that God has already used you to be a blessing for your neighbor. 

I had to smile at the way you found Bible-Truths.com.  My story is similar.

I'm curious about this 3-year-old.

Anyway...welcome aboard.  Hope to hear more from you.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

Hello there! Hello Jeff!

Welcome aboard! What a strange world! Talk about contrasts! All I get from my neighbours is "You don't believe that rubbish, do you?"  You're a real lucky guy, you can start your own little home fellowship right from the word "GO". So go to it brother and God bless you as He is apparently doing right now.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 05:14:44 PM »

Jeff,
Welcome to the truth. Many came to it through the same way you did. Continue to read and GOD will give you opportunities to spread the truth of Ray's teachings and the gift of this forum
Phil3:10

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »

Welcome, Jeff.
I too am curious about how this 3 year old boy helped you. I can kinda visualize it, I know my 4 year old nephew has helped me with adults "crazy talk" before.

I loaned my B-T's "How Hard Is Getting Saved" DVD to a friend that, on occasion, calls me to help with his welding business. His church had just completed the "way of the master" program. It's now about 45 days later.  ;D
I was apprehensive about loaning it to him at first and said so, then he asked me what was I afraid of(?).
This is the 2nd time I've given him something from Ray's teachings. The last was a teaching from the LOF series. He could not get a handle on it, so he gave it to his Sunday school teacher to "rip" (his very words) apart. I was helping him about 6 months later and asked him if his teacher ripped apart the article. Nope, but told me if the word hell is in the Bible, then they believe in it.
I pray I get my DVD back, hopefully in one piece. :)

dewey

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »

H, Patrick

You say that you loaned your DVD to a friend.   "How Hard Is Getting Saved".  If you cannot burn another one, please let Paula and I know because we have the ability to burn these at approx. 15-20 an hour.  And we will send them anywhere in the world.  All we need is a mailing address and how many do you want?  We are capable of leaving them in a doctor's office on the seat or an ER seat in the hospital or a seat on an airplane, anywhere it's public - get our drift?   They are very cheap and easily duplicated.  We will  be tickled pink to give you however many you need to people who will listen to L. Ray Smith.  It's a very easy way to getting the truth of the scriptures out to the public through the teachings of L. Ray Smith.  Of course, if God didn't call them, they're not going to read it or listen to it anyway.

Patrick, if you had friends that read or listened to that DVD you have truly helped someone receive the first step to becoming one with Jesus. 

Patrick, when you give someone something it is yours no more.  If you expect something back 99.99% of the time you will be disappointed.  Whether it be money, your word of love, or a DVD or a CD, it's all the same.  Expect nothing back.   

In the Spirit,love ya Patrick

Dewey & Paula

Going out on a limb for Jesus - why? 'cause that's where the fruit is at

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

Do not worry about spreading the word....

Do not throw your pearls to the swine or the dogs

The dogs can't eat the word of God and it really ' irritates' the swine

God does not need our help, we are suppose to interact with the people who Gods sends us . It is a one on one thing. God does not need us to act like the "babylonean christian" cowards droping anonimus bait so we can be secret witnesses. You are suppose to TAKE the rebuke they give you.

Nothing is impossible with God......He will draw those men whom he chooses

Patrick perhas your friend is holding on to it because...deep down inside he knows that it hold a glimmer a truth and he is afraid to let it go.

Next time you see him , tell him if he is enjoying it so much perhaps he should keep it and listen to it more.

beloved

WhoAmI

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 04:39:53 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome and you already have me chuckling.  ;D

The three year old boy was my son. He is nine now and I have been raising him  alone now for over six years. He is beyond beautiful and I love him dearly. He teaches me so much.

Dewey I would love to take you up on getting more DVDs. I have given a number away to people that I know and speak with about our relationship with God.

Thanks again to all for the welcome and encouragement.

Jeff

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. 

Your expression of love for your son truly touched my heart.  I also understand what you mean in reference to being taught lessons by your son.  The Lord has used my daughter many times to help bring out the best in me, as well as to reflect back to me the areas I need to improve in! :D

Thanks for sharing.

René

Samson

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »

Welcome Who Am I(Jeff),

WHO AM I(is on first base); WHAT AM I(is on second base) and I DON'T WHO I AM(is on third base); That's the question I've asked myself for years WHO AM I and WHAT AM I DOING HERE.
                                     I told my wife(the freckle girl) that we have two new forum members; WHO AM I and KNUCKLES, now that's really cool and original.

All joking aside Jeff,  ;D ;D ;D, very glad you've joined us, I noticed that you've been reading Ray's material since 2002 and I'm looking forward to your fellowship and comments in the days to come.

Welcome, Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

Welcome Jeff,

I can relate to being a single parent, I was one for 15 years! Most of those years were filled with pain.  Had it not been for my daughter depending on me, I may have made a very destructive choice.  I have been truly Blessed here with many different personalities, and styles all learning together how Good God is.  And encouraging & challenging us to walk more in his Truth!

WhoAmI

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 05:35:53 AM »

Hey Rene,

That makes me smile. Glad you felt that.

Hey OBrenda,

Sounds as if you know the journey well. God bless.

Hey Samson,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jeff

Sozo

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »

Going out on a limb for Jesus - why? 'cause that's where the fruit is at

I love this quote!  Is this original or did you get it from someone else?

dewey

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 11:11:47 PM »

Hi sozo , sorry it took so long to get back to you on question ,Is this original or did you get from someone else? I would like to say original ,but that would not be the truth. 40 yrs ago on a sunday morning i was laying in bed waiting for sunday morning cartoons when some preacher caught my attention. you will never guess who ,Jimmy Swaggart said it , i have used it ever sense,it is one of the best sayings that i have ever heard , Please feel free to us it .
   Have you ever seen a more true statment?
  In the spirit of Christ love ya brother
    dewey and paula

dewey

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »

Hi, Jeff

Sorry it took so long to get back.  I've been sick w/102 fever for a week.  Bad infection in the gut.  Diverticulitus.  Please PM me or e-mail me.  Tell me what you want on DVDs.  I have only 3 DVDs - How Hard Is it getting Saved and Repentence 1 & 2.  I have all of the bible studies burnt to CDs.  I did this for some of the old people who couldn't see to read Ray's papers.  They all didn't agree on what Ray had to say on the CDs but they each and every one wanted to know when can we get another one.  Of course there will always be some that say don't worry about getting the word of God out - he doesn't need your help.  I disagree with that statement.  Jesus says in his last words go now and preach the gospel to the whole world.  And then Paul comes along and tells the churches go and preach the gospel. If I need scripture on this then someone needs to tell me.  Most of those that you hear this from that tell you not to do this are aggravated because they didn't think of it first.  I love dropping off L. Ray Smith's teachings on seats of a hospital waiting room or a doctor's office or on the seat waiting for a bus.  Somebody always picks it up and reads it.  Most of the older people that I give my CDs to can't read the transcripts but they can still hear.  And according to them they love it. 

There comes a time when older people can't read so someone (Dewey) needs to take and burn CDs 'cause they can still hear.  They appear to love it because they keep asking for more of the teachings of L. Ray Smith.  They say they have never heard of things like this before (duh!).  What's the next thing they want to know?  When can we get the next CD?

In the Spirit of Christ, Love 'ya

Dewey  & Paula Jean

Goin' out on a limb for Jesus 'cause that's where the fruit's at 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.