bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: japan and crucifixion  (Read 5282 times)

mrl1970

japan and crucifixion
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »

Here is something i think is interesting

http://www.wfu.edu/~watts/w03_Japancl.html

I just saw a special about crucifixion on the History channel. What I found interesting is that in Japan they would have two people thrust spears into the victim.  Both executioners (samurai?) standing on either  side of the victim (one on the left one on the right) would then thrust their spears.

Matt

Re: japan and crucifixion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »

Just returning from Japan, I have witnessed the effects of the guilt on many of the Japanese Christians. 
They believe that one reason that there are not many Christians there today is because of "the sins of the fathers".  Churches get together and pray, often rededicating the land and people to Christ in an attempt to break off the "inherited sins and curses" from the past.  I was introduced to this when I first accepted Christ shortly before arriving in Japan, but it always seemed powerless, and ultimately, useless. 

Now I know this is just one of the many events that God used to bring me to the truth! :)

Matt
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:22:18 PM by Matthew »

gmik

Re: japan and crucifixion
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »

Hi Matt.

I always heard that after the war when USA rebuilt Japan that we didn't send enough missionaries over.  Didn't MacArthur advise that???

England always said she was only interested in Tea in India.  They never sent any missionaries there.

Well, God didn't want it that way I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.