bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Is Luke Trying To Tell Us?  (Read 15252 times)

aqrinc

Re: What Is Luke Trying To Tell Us?
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 10:07:13 PM »

Just found this treasure hiding in plain sight.

The 42nd Generation, the significance of 42, 3 1/2 years in Scripture, :o books of Daniel and Revelation. Now this is worth another look, this field seems to have so many beautiful and costly treasure chests buried in many places. ::)

george. ;D

Roy Martin

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »

Thank God for the treasure diggers.

Roy

bluzman

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »

Just my observation, but I see all of you as very valuable treasure bought at a very great price.
  There you are, right in plain sight!
      Bluzman

ez2u

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »

in this scripture:
Jon 21:25  Of course, Jesus also did many other things, and I suppose that if every one of them were written down the world couldn't contain the books that would be written.

was this an add on or is it truly in the text?  I thought it was an add on.  that is add in the text at an later time.

ez2u

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:46 AM »

right before i read about the 42 generation my sister, whom I am visiting and a devote catholic, with her husband told me that the catholic church was the true church founded upon the rock Peter!  I was dumb struck.  words would not come out of my mouth intelligently so i just shut up.  Then i read this post and was so blessed.  I don't know that i am chosen but i do know this forum is chosen.  thank everyone for this great thread!  peggy

bluzman

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »

Thanks both Joe and Dave for your reply....there is so much to learn....I feel a bit overwhelmed  ???

Luke 21
29He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
[/quote]

Joey...do the above highlighted mean God's elect?  (All the fig trees)

Thanks to all of you, I am learning sooooo much!!!
[/quote]Hello Heidi, I too have been wanting to know more about this parable. Ray says to pay attention to all the words, and when I do there seems to be more and more questions. I feel that I am in over my head when I try to understand anything in Scripture on my own.
Would you more mature members give us some help on this?
Look at: could this mean pay attention?
Fig tree:  singular or the genre of the species of tree?
All the other trees: fig trees in parables?
Why so often does Jesus refer to the fig in particular so often?
I see also that the fig tree is mentioned a lot in the Old Testament.
I have discovered that the fig has two crops, one in the spring known as the first crop and one in the fall known as the main crop.
Does this make any sense?
Bluzman

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »

in this scripture:
Jon 21:25  Of course, Jesus also did many other things, and I suppose that if every one of them were written down the world couldn't contain the books that would be written.

was this an add on or is it truly in the text?  I thought it was an add on.  that is add in the text at an later time.

Peggy,you are correct,the entire verse of John 21;25 is a Spurious Passage .

Peace...Mark

I don't want to make too big a deal of it, but whether or not this verse is scripture, it remains true.  It's also true for each and every one of us.  If we can keep our crazy carnal imaginations from thinking He said and did other things which contradicted those things which were recorded, we can have a richer picture of His life in the flesh.  It's also helpful to remember that we can't have our life histories and full faith printed on a bumper-sticker or contained in posts on a web-forum.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bluzman

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

Hi Dave, I posted a few questions just above your post. It was done poorly and you may have not seen it.
Would you please take a look there. Thanks Bluzman

Marky Mark

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »

in this scripture:

Peggy,you are correct,the entire verse of John 21;25 is a Spurious Passage .

Peace...Mark

I don't want to make too big a deal of it, but whether or not this verse is scripture, it remains true.  It's also true for each and every one of us.  If we can keep our crazy carnal imaginations from thinking He said and did other things which contradicted those things which were recorded, we can have a richer picture of His life in the flesh.  It's also helpful to remember that we can't have our life histories and full faith printed on a bumper-sticker or contained in posts on a web-forum.

Dave, thank you for the post.I will agree with you,whether or not this is actual Scripture, ??? well, ,I could not say for certain either. And there are bits of fruit in the verse to ponder.But since this is BT's and we are here for the truths of the Spirit,and it seems that Spurious Passage do exist,I will continue using them until they are proven wrong.

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

Hello Heidi, I too have been wanting to know more about this parable. Ray says to pay attention to all the words, and when I do there seems to be more and more questions. I feel that I am in over my head when I try to understand anything in Scripture on my own.
Would you more mature members give us some help on this?
Look at: could this mean pay attention?
Fig tree:  singular or the genre of the species of tree?
All the other trees: fig trees in parables?
Why so often does Jesus refer to the fig in particular so often?
I see also that the fig tree is mentioned a lot in the Old Testament.
I have discovered that the fig has two crops, one in the spring known as the first crop and one in the fall known as the main crop.
Does this make any sense?
Bluzman

Hello Bluzman...I hope these scriptures can be of assistance:

Luke 17:20-21  ...He [Jesus] was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh NOT with observation [Gk. 'stand & watch', watch with eyes of the flesh]: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Ezek 36:26-28  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land [New Jerusalem] that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God

Matt 7:17-19  Even so every good tree [like a 'fig tree'] bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree [ALSO like a 'fig tree'] bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

A fig tree bringing forth fruit is similar to leaven 'leavening' the whole...you can have good fruit or corrupt fruit...similar to good leaven and bad leaven.

Good Leaven

Matt 13:33  Another parable spake he [Jesus] unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Luke 13:20-21  And again he
[Jesus] said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Lev 7:12-13  If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried. Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.

Bad Leaven

Matt 16:6 & 12 Then Jesus said unto them [His disciples], Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees...Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Luke 12:1  ...He
[Jesus] began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

1 Cor 5:6  Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even CHRIST OUR PASSOVER is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Exo 9:19-21  Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses: for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a stranger, or born in the land. Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread. Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover. [a shadow/type of: CHRIST OUR PASSOVER]

When God begins to work IN you, He removes the old, corrupt leaven ('beware the leaven of the Pharisees') and then replaces with the new, good leaven ('a new heart and new spirit IN YOU'...'the kingdom of heaven is LIKE leaven'...'the kingdom of heaven is within you').

Similar to the fruit of the fig tree...the carnal mind produces corrupt fruit (works) which Christ is able to whither to nothing [Matt 21:19, Mark 11:14] but then able to produce good fruit through the spirit of God [Luke 21:29-31, Prov 27:18].

Sorry to be so long winded and hope this helps,

Marques

P.S. Remember, Ray has taught us that the scriptures say that all the parables are the same thing [Mark 4:13], just from different perspectives.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »

Hey Bluzman.  I saw it, but your request was to 'mature members' and that left me out.  ;)

I think, however, you are on some right tracks.  Follow them and see what the Spirit shows you...just be careful in building doctrines.  We're not called to be amatuer theologians, just to test and be obedient.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bluzman

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:57 PM »

Marques, Thank you for your quick response. I will study those scriptures that you gave me.
Not long winded at all. This is a great place to be.
Dave, Me thinks you are being humble. I have read all of you posts, and to me you are seeing a great deal in the Spirit of the Scriptures.
I really didn't want to get off on some wild tangent and get myself totally lost. I couldn't find anything in Ray's writings that specifically addressed this one particular parable. I have a mind like a cat I suppose.
 Thank you both, Ches

tinknocker

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 05:38:28 AM »

We are seeing the personalities of the writers. Mathew a tax collector gets to the bottom line very efficiently, but most we're fishermen and new what hardwork it took to accomplish a task. Then we have Luke who was a physician. His writtings reflect the caring personality of a physician. The differences in their writing styles also testify to the originality of each book by it's author.

Just for thought
Tom

mharrell08

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

We are seeing the personalities of the writers. Mathew a tax collector gets to the bottom line very efficiently, but most we're fishermen and new what hardwork it took to accomplish a task. Then we have Luke who was a physician. His writtings reflect the caring personality of a physician. The differences in their writing styles also testify to the originality of each book by it's author.

Just for thought
Tom

Hello Tom,

Please do not think this is directed to you only, as I have read/heard others state this, but why would we think who the writers are in the flesh has any merit on words of the spirit?

I think of what Paul said when speaking of those who seek to gain approval on knowledge of spiritual things by their works of the flesh:

Phil 3:3-8

v3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have NO CONFIDENCE in the flesh.

v4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

v5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

v6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

v7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

v8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ

I have seen many who go down a road of spiritual confusion by putting stock in the 'personality' of a particular writer of the scriptures, ESPECIALLY Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John. There are a number of teachers who speak of 'different gospels' for 'different disciples' and all that kind of confusion. How one book of the synoptic gospels is for one group of people and another book is for another group of people.

One of the best things I learned from Ray's paper on 'Exposing the Secret Rapture' (http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm) was the spiritual understanding of this scripture:

1 Cor 12:25  That there should be no schism [Gk. division] in the body [Body of Christ]...

That is always where the road leads when different teachers wish to adhere to the 'personality' [and we are NOT to be a 'respecter of persons' (James 2:9)] of a writer instead of Who is spiritually speaking THROUGH the writer:

2 Tim 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God [who does NOT change or have any variableness (Mal 3:6, James 1:17)]

Please take no offense Tom, as this had actually been on my mind a while and seemed the best place to approach.

Thanks,

Marques

tinknocker

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 04:40:42 AM »

Hi Marques

None taken  :)

I understand the point your bringing up but I see you may have misinterpeted what I was trying to say. My point was if we are given the same understanding on something by the holy spirit when we write it down my writing will reflect my personality and your writing will reflect your personalty wither we like it or not. Does it change the spiritual meaning? No it does not. It's just the difference in how we write. If you and I wrote it exactly the same using the same expressions everyone would think one of us copied the other. God choose these writers with their distint personalities for this very purpose. The flesh has nothing whatsoever to do with spiritual context of these scriptures. What I was addressing is the different personalities God uses and how it is reflected in their writing styles.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, (amen to that)

John 6:63   
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, and are life.

Psalms 119:160  
The entirety of Your word is truth, and all Your righteous judgments endure forever.

Hope I explained it better,
Tom

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 05:24:53 AM by tinknocker »

mharrell08

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »

Hi Marques

None taken  :)

I understand the point your bringing up but I see you may have misinterpeted what I was trying to say. My point was if we are given the same understanding on something by the holy spirit when we write it down my writing will reflect my personality and your writing will reflect your personalty wither we like it or not. Does it change the spiritual meaning? No it does not. It's just the difference in how we write. If you and I wrote it exactly the same using the same expressions everyone would think one of us copied the other. God choose these writers with their distint personalities for this very purpose. The flesh has nothing whatsoever to do with spiritual context of these scriptures. What I was addressing is the different personalities God uses and how it is reflected in their writing styles.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, (amen to that)

John 6:63   
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, and are life.

Psalms 119:160   
The entirety of Your word is truth, and all Your righteous judgments endure forever.

Hope I explained it better,
Tom

Yes Tom, that does help clarify a lot better.

Sorry if I misunderstood your comments...you would be surprised how many members bring this topic up (Matt, Mark, Luke, & John) with all kinds of speculative theories based on 'personality', nationality, etc. of the 4 writers. I was summing all those things up in my post, but like you pointed out correctly, that was not the direction you were coming from.

I guess I wanted to nip any of that in the bud, in case further comments diverted in that direction. Thank you again for clarifying things.

Marques

judith collier

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

Tom, exactly what came to mind when I was reading all of this. As individuals we express differently and zone in on a certain thing, not that one is right nor one is wrong but just emphasized uniquely. Together we get a fuller picture, Luke was definitely more educated and his writing would be refined more as to details. There is not a word in the bible that is not true, perhaps a remembrance brought out more profondly but still true. Try writing something for the future and you want to get your point across, there will be emphatic statements, a little more drama but all is necessary to make your readers perk up their ears and take note. You know I always believed the bible to be true but one day a revelation came to me and I still remember that day what I was doing, the weather, etc, The Spirit said(not in words) the bible is true. I have never doubted again and always wondered why God revealed that to me because I thought so anyway. I don't worry or whatever when there are things I don't understand, I don't need to as there are others and we all make up the body of Christ. judy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.