bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is my purpose?  (Read 7713 times)

jakfr0s

What is my purpose?
« on: July 15, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »

Hi all! Ive been thinking alot about why im here and why God has shown me the stuff on this site. The only thing that has changed in my life is now I know the Truth through Ray from God. The only time I read Scriptures is when someone quotes it on this site. I have esword and bibles of my own, but I rarely read them.

I wasnt even gonna come back here to be honest, or at least thats what I had planned. But here Iam, not sure why. What could God possibly want from me? Iam nobody! Iam still the same sinner I was before I came here. Maybe someone here could point me to some Scripture that will help? I dunno.

One thing I noticed was when I asked Jesus for help He really helped me. Like whenever I was thinking of something I shouldnt be I would ask Him for help and He did. It seems He is working on my patience with people, but Im still angry all the time and I feel I could snap at any time if someone messes with me.

You know all I really wanted to know was where my grandma is after she died. At least now I know the Truth about what really happens after death. Maybe that is the only reason God has shown me all this. He has also shown me, with faith He can change my thinking, and behavior. But now what? What do I do? Im not sure that I even want to change. There has to be a reason for me being here. I guess Im waiting on God. I honestly believe I cant do a thing without Him willing it, or putting the desire in me to do whatever.  I mean I read alot of people saying you gotta do this and that, and I think to myself easy for them to say. I dont know as much as some of you when it comes to Scriptures and maybe I dont wanna know as much as some of you right now. All I know is Ray teaches the Truth that God has shown him. Im not sure if I can even trust any of you to help me considering the way you all treat each other sometimes. But never the less it is all Gods will. I guess God  is the only One that can help me, and Im not sure if He is right now. I honestly dont know whats going on, except Im here for a reason. Why are you all here anyway? Yeah I know be with like minded people, but what else?  I assure you I dont feel like minded with you. Im so lost.

hillsbororiver

Re: What is my purpose?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:31:17 PM »

I guess Im waiting on God. I honestly believe I cant do a thing without Him willing it, or putting the desire in me to do whatever. 

Hi jak,

That simple quote above actually puts you miles ahead of many Christians who have attended church for their entire life believing since they chose Christ by saying a 30 second prayer they are "saved." I am not presumptuous enough to explain or act as if I know what God's plan for you is in the here and now, only that whatever circumstances you are presently in or find yourself in at some future point are to be used by Him to create a one of a kind Son, He sets us all in unique situations so He can create unique Sons and Daughters, no two exactly the same.

Here is an email to Ray from someone who felt very similar to what you are presently feeling.

Why Are We Here?

Dear Ray:

I truly wish that I understood why we are here on this planet. I feel like I'm in the middle of two very upset and powerful beings of some kind.  I feel like God and Satan have a terrible disagreement between them, and, somehow we as humans are in the middle of their battle. I feel awful being here on this earth and in the middle of these two and their anger/battle.

I know that God wants us to love him and denounce Satan. I am told that we are to worship God. I am told that God is a loving God. I see a lot that is good on this earth just as much as I see a lot of bad on this earth.  I feel it is unfair for us to pay for Adam and Eve's sin.

I am angry at God and at Satan. I do not feel driven to worship God and to give him praise at this moment of my life. The only way that I can become close to this creator is if someone could please explain and help me to seriously understand why we are here?

It amazes me how many people think that they are answering my question, and in reality I don't receive an answer for my question.

I wish so much that I was  not created, only because I hate not understanding and never to find the answer to my question that makes sense.

I rely on my common sense and I need a common sense answer in order to enjoy my life on this earth. Of course, there are those that say that I have to accept Christ etc to receive this holy spirit (ya-da-ya-da-ya-da) in order to receive the light of understanding etc... I hate it too that some people say that we will know the answer when we die as to why we are here.

Thank you for your time.

[Ray replies]

I am sorry that I don't know your name, but thank you for you interest and your email.

Christianity does not give you a straight answer because the doctrines of Christianity contradict most of the truths of God's Word.

There are answers, however.

I will give you some of the reason "why we are here."

A great and wise creator GOD PUT US HERE. He started the human family.

God is not stupid, He had a grand and eternal purpose in mind for making mankind.

God has many attributes, powers, knowledge, etc., that obviously mankind DOES NOT. But, God DOES WANT us to have those same attributes, especially LOVE!

Qualities of character such as Love are not instantaneously created, they must be developed. That development takes a creation, circumstances, and time. And so, God creates all these things necessary for their development.

Although God is GOOD, He nonetheless has a knowledge and understanding of both good AND EVIL. And so we TOO much come to an understanding of both good and evil. Why? Because ALL KNOWLEDGE hinges on their proper understanding.

People say things without ever realizing how stupid or impossible their thoughts or statements are. Most Christians suppose that if Adam and Eve had not sinned, then we all would STILL, right now, be enjoying the beautiful life of happiness and bliss in a fabulous garden of Eden. NOT SO!!! Adam and Eve did  NOT appreciate what they had with God in the garden before they sinned. They had NO CONTRAST to compare it with.

Now here is a key piece of understanding and wisdom. God wants CHILDREN. God is building a FAMILY. Children are to grow up and have the attributes of their parents. But these things must be LEARNED BY EXPERIENCE!  Not only didn't Adam and Eve appreciate what they had, they ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT have appreciated what they had, because they experienced ONLY GOOD.

Try to come up with even ONE VIRTUE, such as love, patience, honesty, goodness, faithfulness, loyalty, obedience, bravery, etc., etc., etc., ANYTHING of a virtuous nature, that does not involve the overcoming of SOME FORM OF EVIL! There is you answer! There IS NO VIRTUE, NO CHARACTER, NO STABILITY of any kind in any one, except he overcomes some form of EVIL.

Now can you see why we are here? Now can you see why there is not only good, but so much evil in the world? It is necessary! God did not put it here simply to make us miserable! God is NOT in a battle for supremacy with Satan. God CREATED Satan. God USES Satan. And Satan too, will be saved after he has done all of his dirty work. God will make him repent.

God is enlarging His family into BILLIONS of sons and daughters.  This life is part of the training ground to be the very SONS OF GOD.

All evil including DEATH itself will be abolished when God has used them to bring His family to a level of love and righteousness that He desires. We will then inherit all that God has and all that God is. God is truly OUR FATHER.

I hope that helps your understanding a little better. Life will not always be miserable and painful as it may seem to you now. This too shall pass.

Sincerely,

Ray

http://bible-truths.com/email2.htm#why

Peace,

Joe

winner08

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »

Man what a trip. My grandmother passing away is what started me on my quest 20 something yrs. ago. Twenty yrs latter I'm just finding out the truth. When I first started reading Ray's teachings a few months ago I was very angry with God because I didn't understand the truth. There are still alot of things I don't understand of God and that's is God's will for me. When He is ready He will show me and you. But not until then. I wrote Ray an email once explaining the way I feel. (Hypocrite) that's me. I feel I praised and loved God with my lips more than my heart. I just dont feel it. Even though I want to so badly to feel the love in my heart I just don't think I do. That really bothers me. I don't want to repeat what Ray told me because I can't say it as well as he did. It sure helped me, it gave me something to work with. If your interested check it out.(I feel like a hypocriet). Anyways just the fact that you are asking these questions is the beginning of change. You might not see it but I'm sure others will. Sooner or later someone will say to you, (there's something different about you). You will see.

Darren

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:09:45 PM »

I've been there too. It does have to be in His time and even if it feels like He's not working in you, He is. You're where you are because He isn't done. It's sometimes a slow work, sometimes it feels hopeless, but He's still there and still making changes in you. One day this will all make sense and you will look back and see Him. You may be lost but He knows exactly where you are and that is exactly where He wants you to be right now. You may not know what your purpose is but He does. You even said that you think He is working on your patience with people; it just takes a while. You will not always be that same sinner but the fact that you recognize that you are and that only He can change that proves that HE IS WORKING ON YOU :)! Prayers brother, I know how that place feels and I hope that you are out of it soon.
FWIW I don't feel of like mind with many here either, but I do believe that those here have been called and chosen and though we are all at different places right now, we are on the same path with the same destination and the same loving Father leading us.

Matthew 9
 10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Romans 5
 6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
&
 18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 2
 17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"[d]

1 Timothy 1
15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

rk12201960

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »

Hi Jak,
Welcome.
Seems to me God is teaching you how to learn,wait and apply.
Bless you on your journey with Christ.

Peace.
Randy

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »

Hi Jakfr0s,

Your profound question is what we are all here asking.
Why are we all here, in this forum asking...What is my purpose?
I can answer only for myself; I am here to unlearn the lies.
I still don't know,...what I don't know!

Your Comment:  I don't know if I can even trust any of you to help me considering the way you all treat each other sometimes. 
Yeah I know be with like minded people, but what else?  I assure you I dont feel like minded with you. Im so lost.

That is so stunningly honest a comment, I hope it gives all some self reflection.  I also have had a raised eyebrow, with some of the strife here only having posted here for a few months.  There are certainly many different personalities and styles expressed here.  Some have left their fishing nets on the shore, Others still carry their six shooter every where they go.

Having said that,...All are precious to God, all will some days suffer humility & chastisement, and on another day will be great comfort and encouragement.  Only in God do we find nothing lacking.  I think it reveals more about the character of a person to handle differences directly with grace, than to avoid the issue.

We are like minded only in that we have heard God call Us and our spirit witnesses to Us the Truth taught here (at BT). I certainly hope to learn from you, all that God wants to teach me through your fellowship here.  I'm already impressed by your honesty!

To answer your question, I think our ultimate purpose is to Learn to Love one Another!
Your Sister in Christ,
Brenda
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:56:01 AM by OBrenda »

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

To answer your question, I think our ultimate purpose is to learn to Love one Another,

I think what Brenda said (above) is right on.  On the subject of fellowship, I too have noticed a lack of tolerance on the forum at times.  But like Krista said, we are all just in different places on the journey to the same place.

Back to loving one another--I've heard it said before and I have come to believe that, to Love thy neighbor (that is everyone, friend and foe), is the final achievement.  "And the greatest of these is Love".  To be able to love thy neighbor pretty much covers all the commandments. 

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

In other words, it's easy to love the people you get along with (or like-minded) so where is the righteousness in that?  No one here has the right to condemn, we've all been there and to some extent, still are coming into the truth.  That's everyone here.  And we all know and should bear that fact in mind every time we post.

As for your purpose?  I have not a clue but it has been rewarding enough for me just knowing that God put me here as a part of his plan.  I don't really need to know what my purpose is, it's enough for me to know that I have a purpose. 

So jak, I hope you give BT a chance.  I know I have found so many truly caring people here and that far outweighs the occasional derogatory posts.

Eileen

Samarnon

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »

What is my purpose?

All I can say is that my purpose why God has created me is to live my life as it is, being He who led our every step. Whatever things we've said, done and thought of all throughout our lives, is what God has purposed us to be. Nothing more and nothing less. That's how I understand this thing called God-given "life".

Jeremiah 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Proverbs 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I'm sorry for my grammar. English language is not my first language so please bear with me.

jakfr0s

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

Thank you all for your responses, it warmed my heart. I was afraid I might have said the wrong things after posting and I was actually afraid of coming back to read the responses. But you all made my day with your understanding and I truly appreciate it. Please pray for God's will to be done in my life. I will continue praying for the same for you all. Thank you for your time.

George D.

Roy Monis

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »

Thank you all for your responses, it warmed my heart. I was afraid I might have said the wrong things after posting and I was actually afraid of coming back to read the responses. But you all made my day with your understanding and I truly appreciate it. Please pray for God's will to be done in my life. I will continue praying for the same for you all. Thank you for your time.

George D.

Hi! Jak

Brother take it from me you have said nothing that you should be ashamed of or that was wrong, on the contrary you should hold your head high because you have spoken the truth and the truth hurts and I am fully aware of that because I am hurting under it, my head hangs low being one of the guilty ones who was lured into an unseemly confrontation. I sincerely apologize to you for my inexcusable behaviour which no doubt added to rather than alleviated your present dilemma. And on the basis of this revelation I am sure it has caused concern for many more on this forum.

You are truly blessed brother as are many more on this forum to be in such a favourable position as to be able to keep the beast within under strict control. In the light of this ignorance on my part I offer my apologies to all whom I may have offended and seek their prayers for God to make me a better person.

I thank you brother for bringing this flaw in my character to my notice and I will be correcting it so as not to offend anymore.

You can now see working proof of what God is silently doing in you and quite unknown to you. Despite all that you have said I am witness to the work He is working in you. You are blessed so take heart and remember the story of Joseph: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" (Rom. 8:28-31).

Your humbled brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

jakfr0s

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »

Hi Roy, please understand you and everyone else involved in the confrontation handled it better than I could ever wish to. God is truly working in you all and it seems Im in the right place. 

I understand that there will always be differences of opinion here and everywhere else, but at least hear when that happens it seems you all are humble enough to forgive and learn.
I have such a long way to go before I can do it like that, but having teachers who teach by example like you people makes it a little easier for me. I know not many of you like to be called teachers, but you have taught me much by your humbleness.

Thank you all and thank God, George D.

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »

JakfrOs,
You have evidenced to me a real growth in the LORD that I cannot find in many who have been in the Church System for 50 years.
Hang in there, GOD has begun a work in you that will blow your mind.
Phil3:10

Roy Monis

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »

What is my purpose?

All I can say is that my purpose why God has created me is to live my life as it is, being He who led our every step. Whatever things we've said, done and thought of all throughout our lives, is what God has purposed us to be. Nothing more and nothing less. That's how I understand this thing called God-given "life".

Jeremiah 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

I'm sorry for my grammar. English language is not my first language so please bear with me.

Hi! Samarnon

Your English is fine brother, just hop over here and give me a few lessons because it's more than English that I am drastically short of. Having said that, when are you coming?

In the meantime, a big welcome and hop aboard.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.           ;)

Roy UK     

Samarnon

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 04:36:16 AM »

What is my purpose?

Hi! Samarnon

Your English is fine brother, just hop over here and give me a few lessons because it's more than English that I am drastically short of. Having said that, when are you coming?

Love in Christ Jesus.           ;)

Roy UK    

Hi Roy UK,

Thanks for the welcome.
I've been a member since February of this year. I'm not into posting because it is hard for me to compose and express myself in a language not our own. As you will know, I'm from the Philippines so our national dialect is Tagalog but we still have our regional dialects, different from island to island as our country is comprised of 7,100 islands. Even our national language is hardly used and understood by people from the far flung areas or remote places for the reason that communications like TV or phone is unheard of.

I am happy and content by reading all your posts as I do it everyday. Many of my questions are being asked by some members and so I don't need to post. I just love reading everything on this site. It really has opened so many unheard truths that the church tried to hide from us. I thank God everyday for L.Ray Smith and for all the people here contributing daily to my spiritual needs.

BTW brother Roy of UK, i'm a sister not a brother :D my name is Joyce but most call me Joy ;D and I like it better.

God Bless,
Joy

Roy Monis

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »

Hi Roy, please understand you and everyone else involved in the confrontation handled it better than I could ever wish to. God is truly working in you all and it seems Im in the right place. 

I understand that there will always be differences of opinion here and everywhere else, but at least hear when that happens it seems you all are humble enough to forgive and learn.
I have such a long way to go before I can do it like that, but having teachers who teach by example like you people makes it a little easier for me. I know not many of you like to be called teachers, but you have taught me much by your humbleness.

Thank you all and thank God, George D.

Hi! brother Jak

I and most of the members on this forum, if we are honest with ourselves, will have to admit that we have one huge mountain to climb before we can reach your level of HONESTY. It takes a brave heart to bring the beast within into the light where he can be confronted with the full armour of God. For the beast within is no match against the power of Him within.

What we fail to realize is that there is no darkness in the Spirit of Christ within us and hence the beast within hides in the darkness. He has to be brought into the light as you have done for the Spirit to do what we want him to do. That is the only way we can win against the character flaws that Satan has stored up within us in the care of his agent, the beast, hidden under cover of darkness."The lamp of thy body is thine eye: when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when it is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Look therefore whether the light that is in thee be not darkness."   (Luke 11:34,35).

Brother you have already humbled me with one of my character flaws, as you will have noticed. That impetus nature in me that allows the beast to surface and immediately strike back, to my utter shame, before my brain has had time to adjust itself to the situation. I am deeply indebted to you for that disclosure, thank you. But I still have many, many more that need bringing into the light.

This is why we are advise to;"Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working. "   (Jas.5:16). As Ray so often points out, "Why do we not read the Scriptures and OBEY them?"
It is not easy, brother, to do as you have done, lay oneself bare to public view, but if we truly desire to get the job done we have to OBEY the Scriptures and then with the united effort of the full memberships prayer can the battle be won.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

psalmsinger

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:04 AM »

Roy, Jak and all,

I have been thinking on this verse "Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working. "  You all have proved that to humbly confess your sins to brothers and sisters in the truth you receive comfort, hope , direction, and  encouragement in the paths of righteousness.  I guess we must overcome the fear that was instilled in us in the babylon system that causes us to think that upon confession we will be labeled, beat with the guilt stick, and put on the back seat of the pew until the authorities can know for certain that the repentance is sincere.  The sin is never forgotten there.............................that is unless you pay
$deeply for it:)  Confess, pray, and be healed through Jesus Christ our Lord is part of His  great plan to achieve His purpose.

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

Roy Monis

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:18 AM »

What is my purpose?

Hi! Samarnon

Love in Christ Jesus.           ;)

Roy UK     

Hi Roy UK,

Thanks for the welcome.
I've been a member since February of this year. I'm not into posting because it is hard for me to compose and express myself in a language not our own. As you will know, I'm from the Philippines so our national dialect is Tagalog but we still have our regional dialects, different from island to island as our country is comprised of 7,100 islands. Even our national language is hardly used and understood by people from the far flung areas or remote places for the reason that communications like TV or phone is unheard of.

I am happy and content by reading all your posts as I do it everyday. Many of my questions are being asked by some members and so I don't need to post. I just love reading everything on this site. It really has opened so many unheard truths that the church tried to hide from us. I thank God everyday for L.Ray Smith and for all the people here contributing daily to my spiritual needs.

BTW brother Roy of UK, i'm a sister not a brother :D my name is Joyce but most call me Joy ;D and I like it better.

God Bless,
Joy

Hi! Sister JOY

Forgive me for the mistaken gender, but it is a lovely name like that of a fellow member in Canada Joyce1.

If it be at all possible could you post a recording of "Amazing Grace" and "How Great Thou Art" sung in your native dialect. Why I ask this is because I have heard a recording of them sung by a group of women in Swahali, an African language, and though I didn't understand a single word, it was just a choir from heaven to me. Maybe your language will have the same effect. And I promise to share it with this forum, how's that?

We are indeed very blessed to be with "bible-truths" and to be taught by Ray, the But!...But! man I call him affectionately and I've never found out if he minds or not, hopefully he doesn't. Or I'll be cast out of the synagogue.

I read this little tribute to a great man of peace and reconciliation in our world today, his 90 birthday and I share it here. His name Nelson Mandela: "Your love knows no borders, your skin bares no colours and your heart retains no grudge. I am humbled by your memories."

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ.  See! I've remembered!

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

OBrenda

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 09:50:16 AM »

Samarnon / Joy

I Hope nobody minds me jumping in here, just wanted to say Hi, my next door neighbor is from the Philippines. She is one of the most humble persons I have ever met.  God has taught me much about inner beauty from a gentle loving spirit which she walks in.  I am blesses to call her my Friend. ;D Her and her Husband own property in the Phillippines, and have brought back pictures that take your breath away.  Tropical Paradise, similar to Florida where we live!

I agree with Roy, I wouldn't have known English was your second language.  Don't hold back on account of that!

Barbara, that was Brilliant about how the church's teaching actually encourage us to Sin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.