bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fellowship wanted....  (Read 4131 times)

danaman1

fellowship wanted....
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:59 AM »

It has been sometime since I went to "Church". I realize that worshipping God takes place in our hearts....."not on this mountain as the Jews or Samaritans would". Our God is looking for worshippers in spirit and truth! I am sure there are few from where I used to attend, who would be drawn to the truth, just as there were Jews and Gentiles who God himself drew to himself during the days of Christ here on earth. But I guess I am not looking to poke the consciousness and faith or lack there of.....from the Cincinnati Church of Christ where I once attended. I don't wanna shrink back....but I have a tendency to wield the double edged sword of God to "win" the argument. Even before I read anything from L. Ray or this forum. My goal is not to win.....but to love.....I know I have a lot to learn. and a lot more to learn about how to lay down my life in love for my brothers and sisters. I have a strong desire, along with much history of serving in the Kingdom of God, even if all those I served did not have pure motives, or bible truth, nonetheless I gave of myself to them and to God with great enthusiasm. At this point of my life I have few friends. I don't attend church services, tithe, communion etc. I stopped doing these things not because I knew the truth but because I did not feel worthy enough, and kept on sinning. I am looking for fellowship. Not necessarily a church building or group of people to meet with, but relationships and love to both give and share. I live in Cincinnati.
In Christ with his love,
D. Patric Hayes

KristaD

Re: fellowship wanted....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »

Hi Patric. I am about 1.5 hours from you in Indiana :). I know what you're feeling all too well, I felt it for years before I got married. I purposefully do not keep any close friends and few distant ones and this journey gets lonely at times. Sometimes, though, when He makes us alone it's because that's where we need to be in order to hear Him and to grow. He will bring you out of this when it's right, until then trust that He has put you here and that if you truly need fellowship He will send it to you.

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »

Right On Krista,
The only people I know of with the foundations of BT are right here on this forum.  Even with Friends, Family and a Spouse we will have seasons of loneliness.  Praise God there are more than one season.  And sometimes "Fellowship" brings annoying distractions.  Every day I'm thankful for the tearing down and building up to encouragement that takes place with this wonderful Group.

Keep the Faith Dana, he knows all our needs.
Brenda
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:15:10 AM by OBrenda »

gmik

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:14:08 PM »

There are some other "young bucks" on the forum too.  Perhaps as you stay on you will "meet" them and see what they are doing.

I don't know anyone outside this forum who thinks like me.  Now, tomorrow I am going to lunch w/ 4 women.  I wouldn't even dream of bringing up a topic to discuss or debate w/ them.

My husband is going fishing for a week in Canada and he doesn't plan on preaching to them. But who knows how the Lord will lead.

Now, alll these people are "Christians".  I basically keep my mouth shut but still fellowship w/ them.  Sometimes I may interject, "Oh, I don't see it that way" or "Are you sure that is scriptural?" But most Christians don't want to know anything different than what they have always believed.

Just be who you are w/ your other friends, hang out on the forum, keep reading Ray and the Bible and don't worry about it. Please get over the "I am not worthy".  None of us are.  Praise God Jesus was worthy!!

Now, if I am reading between the lines, if you want a girl friend/soul mate/friend then the Lord will answer in His time.  Trust Him!

Sorry for all this advice but I am old enough to be your granny!! ;) :D

Imabeliever

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

danaman1 , just wanted to tell ya that I too, am always on the lookout for fellowship all the time.  I have good friends, but they tend to think that they are above believing in GOD! It was nice to find Bible Truths and to join the forum, I think this is a great place for fellowship! ;)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »

Danaman1, Patric,

Friends are the glue that keep us alive.

I'm old and not very interesting, but I would love to share what little I understand.

My wife Doris and I were married March 25,1961 and have four adult children who know what we believe and don't give us any static about it.  My eldest is pretty much on board with all that BT teaches, the others are willing to discuss any topic about religion as long as I don't become too long winded.  My wife attended the Nashville conference with me in 2007 and we speak about it often.  We met Ray and thought he was cute and Rene too and had a good talk with her and Gena and her hubby took us out to dinner one evening with a really talkative fellow who's name I can't recall.  Anyway, it is a good group with a good measure of humility and appreciation for the gift of our calling.  I'm confident that you will be treated with love and true affection here and I appreciate your opening your heart felt needs to all of us.

Please write as the spirit leads you.

Indiana bob
Bob Breyfogle
Culver, IN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.