bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why "Soul" and "Spirit"?  (Read 21427 times)

Daniel

Why "Soul" and "Spirit"?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2006, 12:26:32 AM »

Quote from: chrissiela
Daniel,

I'm not sure I understand the question.

We were given life (in the flesh) by God in the beginning (God breathed into Adam and he became a living soul. Right?

But that 'life' that we were given is actually NO LIFE at all. We only have LIFE through Christ..... we have to be "born again".... this would be the recieving of the Holy Spirit (signified by Jesus breathing on His disciples). In essence, BOTH "breaths" coming from God... but the 'second coming'  :lol:  :lol:  (just thought of that... hehe) is a 're-birth'  :?: ... creating a 'new' creature  :!: (born AGAIN)...

Chrissie

Okay I think your mind reader aren't you? (just kidding) Although for never understanding my question you seem to anyway.

The CREATURE is subject to VANITY, CHILDHOOD and YOUTH are VANITY.

I see it as spiritual "ages" He is the Rock of AGES  :D  One of a CHILD, under the law. Christ being "THE End" of the law itself (WHO has "no end" in Himself, its just WHO He IS). The END "shall come", endure till "THE End" seems more like enduring until HIM as I see it :lol:  Job saw THE End OF "The LORD" right?

He declares THE End of the law (HIMSELF) FROM the Beginning (HIMSELF).

I see two "AGES" here (Child and Son?) The End (Himself) WHO is without End? "THE Creature" subject to vanity being liberated  "the NEW Creature"  they are becoming.

The End of the law, and the Author and FINISHER of our faith, the end of our faith, that God or the fulness of God (Love) be in us. Perfected in love!

What a wonderful God and Savior we have!

Daniel

orion77

Why "Soul" and "Spirit"?
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2006, 12:46:21 AM »

Good honest communication going on, I really do appreciate that.  Thanks to you all.

The tree of life was guarded by flaming swords, if I am correct, and God banished Adam and Eve from the garden, so they never partook of the tree of life.

Many prophets and good people desired to have what we have, in times past, before the time for Jesus to declare the Father.  Jesus declares the Father and the Father declares the Son, by the Holy Spirit in us.  No man has ascended to the Father except one, Jesus.  

As things in the natural bear witness to the spiritual, as do all things in the spiritual bear witness to the natural.  Born physical with a spirit, then follow Jesus and die to be reborn in a new life, which is spirit.  His Spirit in us.  The first part- body and spirit is a soul, and the second part- our spirit with His Spirit is His body, which is a many membered body.  

Strange how it sounds, in the physical, body and spirit is a soul, which sounds spiritual, yet when our spirit is baptized in His Spirit it is called a body.  But still no matter how you look at it, 1 plus 1 is still 2.

That's just my two cents worth, if its worth that much,  :lol:

God bless,

Gary
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.