bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need prayer for my son and family  (Read 4518 times)

SteveW

Need prayer for my son and family
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:26 AM »

Please pray for my family, particularly my oldest son.  We are facing an fiery trial that is emotionally distressing, and will probably drag on a long time and try to drain our strength and resources.

My eldest has a big caring, loving heart (that makes me feel small and cynical in comparison) and will need God's strength, as he may be the main one under attack.  Pray he will not be scarred by this.  My wife and two younger sons also need your prayers.  We all battle fear and the sense of helplessness. 

We are nothing without God's help.

Steve

OBrenda

Re: Need prayer for my son and family
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »

Wow Steve,

I will certainly pray for your Son and Family.  When one is hurting we all hurt!
Share what ever you feel comfortable with.  Sometimes it helps.
And sometimes just being still and knowing he is God brings that peace
that transends all understanding,

Your Sis in Christ,
Brenda

joyful1

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »

I have prayed for you and your family Steve.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

He is always available, He is always "here." He sees and knows everything...
I sense that this "trial" is something that you'd rather keep partially private and I can understand how that feels. But I know that that HE knows everything....and that is all that matters, really. You've reached out for help....and many here want to reach back with the compassion of a brother or sister in the Lord and say "yes, I will pray for you, dear brother!" If you get the chance to update us, or if you feel comfortable sharing, as OBrenda has pointed out, please feel free to post or PM.
Joyce :)

Robin

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »

Prayers for your son and for you and your family.

Samson

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »

Hello Steve,

My prayers go out to you and your family, sorry to hear that your caring and loving Son might be the main target of attach, that's distressing to me, seems like the people that care the most are the ones attached and scapegoated, I know this experience, tell him that I'm glad he cares and has a big heart.

Your Brother, Samson.

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »

Steve, please know that the body is praying for you.  Parents take it so much harder when it is about their child.

Ray has a great paper on praying God's Will and what it means.  Perhaps Kat can direct us??

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »

Praying for your family that God will sustain you all in love, and for your son that he will not succemb to bitterness, but grow through this in grace and joy.

Please don't forget to pray for your enemies.  We don't know all the intricate strands of reasoning in God's will, so it is more than an empty command or test of our obedience to pray for them.  I don't know much, but I know this is true.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

SteveW

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »

Dear friends,

I thank you all for your prayers.   At this time I cannot discuss any details but as Joyce pointed out, God knows the situation, so your/our prayers will be answered in accordance with our needs and His will.  If I can, later, I will share more or ask for more specific prayers.

Thank you gmik, I will read Ray's praying article again.  I spent time yesterday looking through Kat's indexes for topics like trials, fear, comfort, etc. 

I would appreciate any scriptures and articles anyone knows to help us get through this.  My family is pulling together and supporting each other as best we can, and I appreciate this larger family pulling together with us.

Steve

Roy Monis

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

Please pray for my family, particularly my oldest son.  We are facing an fiery trial that is emotionally distressing, and will probably drag on a long time and try to drain our strength and resources.

My eldest has a big caring, loving heart (that makes me feel small and cynical in comparison) and will need God's strength, as he may be the main one under attack.  Pray he will not be scarred by this.  My wife and two younger sons also need your prayers.  We all battle fear and the sense of helplessness. 

We are nothing without God's help.

Steve

Hi! Steve

No problem brother you, your wife and whole family will be in my prayers from now on. We all need prayer and there is no better or more powerful medium than prayer and it will be done in accord to His predestined will.

Be strong, keep the faith and place your trust in Him and, I believe, all will be well.

God bless you brother and sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.